FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-19 3:24 pm   Permalink

HEy!! Tikiville the piece you made is sick cant wait to see it in person
pm me your info and ill send yours.

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Baļ
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-19 11:42 pm   Permalink

First BRAVO for this swap!! this topic is just excellent! I'm totally amazed about all the different creation...! just incredible!

I just have a question for you TJ...:

tell me the truth did you stole it from the quai branly museum ???!!
YOU ARE A KILLER TJ !!!!!!!!
I'm sure if you put your incredible creation in the museum... nobody would tell it's not a real one!
Just Magnifique!!!

View Profile of Tiki Baļ Send a personal message to Tiki Baļ  Goto the website of Tiki Baļ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-21 8:14 pm   Permalink

First swappage has been received!

plus a surprise matchbook from the Waikikian!
Nice!
~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-21 10:26 pm   Permalink

Aloha Everyone, great work on the swap! Thanks hewey for hosting another.
I have to admit to everyone I feel a little weird for entering two
pieces and grabbing up two pieces. Im stoked to get my trades but the
swap is about sharing. I got excited, hit the paints and wasnt thinking straight.
Next swap I will keep it to one. Anyway, I thought there was some great energy this swap.
Mahalos, MP

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-22 08:19 am   Permalink

2nd Art Swap piece arrives!!

This photo of me holding my new acquisition was taken this morning.

Amybean, I love it!! Your art will be proudly hanging on the wall behind me soon (and yes - your TikiG shrunken head is on its way to you, enjoy!)

***Thanks for a great swap everybody. This sharing thing is infectious isn't it?
What a great way to bring us together and share a common drive - creativity!!!

On to the next )

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-22 10:26 am   Permalink

3rd piece has arrived

Super stoked but at work not home. Need to find a frame this weekend and I'll post a pic.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki 65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-25 06:46 am   Permalink

Hey Everybody
Got my Art swap. It looks GREAT and it's already in its new home. Amongst the rest of my tikis and tiki art. Its a awesome piece and I will be ever thankful.
A big Thanks to Bongo Bungalow for a job well done and to Hewey for hosting a great swap.

I'm looking forward to the next swap.

Aloha & Mahalo
Tiki 65

View Profile of tiki 65 Send a personal message to tiki 65  Goto the website of tiki 65     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-26 8:55 pm   Permalink

Little Mo-Mo is in his new home!

& being welcomed by the natives

& a drink recipe to try

I got laid off from my job on April 16. Knowing that Little Mo-Mo was going to be coming here helped. Thank you, Zerotiki for all of the goodies, including the 'Fang Club' gear! I feel so special!
~Kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-01 9:33 pm   Permalink

Got my swap from TikiG. Hey look- Twins!! Thanks again

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-01 11:01 pm   Permalink

a perfect match amybean!
Got my UnLucky Lou and the Boys from Jason!
Now i gots to find a place where he'll get along with his
other neighbors on the wall!

Thanks hewey for organizing another great swap!
and thank you Jason!
BIIIIIIIIIRDS!!!!!!

May 2nd! Bamboo Ben's Garage Sale! Be there!
http://www.facebook.com/ken.ruzic
http://www.kenruzic.com

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2010-05-01 23:02 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-04 10:33 am   Permalink

Amybean!!

Wow! - your caged shrunken head has found a mate. You two make a beautiful couple.

Thanks for posting. G

To all swappers that haven't posted yet - this can't be the end of the thread - there's gotta be more pics of swap art out there, where are they? Let's see 'em!!

tiki since '67!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2010-05-04 10:37 ]

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-04 7:55 pm   Permalink

Amybean~
As my niece used to say when she was little "like-alike"!
Love it!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 8:52 pm   Permalink

Kinny! Thanks for the Over Ripe Shrunken Head.... the whole Tribe loves it!

He arrived awhile ago but I had to work on a suitable frame worthy of such a fine piece of Ruzic creativity!

Without further ado, a frame I customized to give an old world, rustic, fresh from the jungle feel... I also backed Over Ripe with some black velvet to make the colors pop even more. I am so excited with how this all came together!

These pics are taken with my blackberry and just don;t do this wild piece justice... but the digital camera battery is messed up.... so enjoy!

Here is Emma, one of our 6 year old twin girls, peeking out from behind good ol' Over Ripe:

Here is a shot of the framed Over Ripe:

A close-up of the black velvet backing and the frame I customized for ol' Over Ripe:

A pic of me proudly holding my own original Ruzic! (my 11 year old daughter took the pic.... sorry it's a little fuzzy)

And last, but not least, a little extra sketch with splash of color Kinny sent along for the Tribe (my six kids LOVE Kinny's artwork... who doesn't?)
Kinny was super cool to send some birdmen, 'The Consolation', as the Tribe loves them... he even inscribed a cool note on the back of both Over Ripe and The Consolation to the whole Tribe... the wife and kiddos loved 'em!

Most everyone here already knows how great Mr. Ken Ruzic is... and I'm a blessed man to have been able to swap with him!!! Now to get these up on the wall... right now Over Ripe is above our fireplace in the family room but the wifey mentioned she thought he would "provide me more inspiration" in my office. Apparently Shrunken Heads don't go with her decor She loves the painting though!

Thanks again, Kinny!

Peace,
Jason <><

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-10 11:48 am   Permalink

"BUMP"
Has anybody else gotton their swap art yet?
more pictures !

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki 65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-12 08:53 am   Permalink

"BUMP"

The law of averages is dead on this post.

We had 27 pieces of art swapped and only 7 or 8 replies. Slow mail?

This is the age of the digital camera? Right?

View Profile of tiki 65 Send a personal message to tiki 65  Goto the website of tiki 65     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation