FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-08 07:50 am   Permalink

I can see the shrunken head but it also looks like it could be a cool guitar. This should be a really fun one to watch. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 09:18 am   Permalink

Alot smaller than a guitar, but on a similar note

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-10 08:11 am   Permalink

Who else is in?
Next Step.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-10 08:27 am   Permalink

Lookin Beautifully Creepy Wendy!!!!

tried to rally some of the bigger boys
but i think they've all went deaf....
or heartless...
or both!

But here's what y'alls can do...
GRASS ROOTS style!
PM your favorite artist and PM them with a link to this Swap...
they'll get the hint.....

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-10 12:50 pm   Permalink

But you are already in! Hugs, Wendy

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-10 2:11 pm   Permalink

Some good looking pieces coming along. Come on guys, just over a month now!

I'm in, I'm in! Have worked out what I'm doing, all I can say is I'm all shook up!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-10 4:41 pm   Permalink

Where's Thor?

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-10 6:26 pm   Permalink

Progress. Shape is done, base coat is done, now I need to add paint and some embelishments.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-11 07:49 am   Permalink

Love the 3-D art. It would be fun to carry it to a tiki party and sneak up on friends. I can imagine what it will look like, cool. Wendy

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 08:03 am   Permalink

Really loving the velvet !

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 09:04 am   Permalink

Thanks Wendy, the velvet is looking smooth

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-11 09:23 am   Permalink

Thank you. It's a trick, it's not velvet. Wendy

ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 10:41 am   Permalink

I must say, I am quite impressed with the pieces so far! Wendy, that is awesome. I have just recently started toying with a similar technique...too cheap to buy velvet, I've been painting canvases black. Reverse shading is lookin' quite good!

Badd, I can't wait to see what your little fren' will become!

Tiki G, NuKKe, Tipsy, Mike, and all others... we need more progress photos! How can we drool over your stuff and hope we get your name without having tasty visual treats to keep us hungry?

Speaking of progress currently made, here's little mo-mo ...

~and of course, there will be a secret surprise inside!

~Zero
and here's his brother, mini Mo-mo...
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=35822&forum=21&2

Oh, and did I ask where Thor was yet?

Visit Zerotiki!

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-03-11 17:22 ]

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 3:20 pm   Permalink

I agree with Zero, we need more progress shots

Diggin the Momo Zero, the colors are great.

I've actually had some ideas for paintings on black myself. Not some much because the price of velvet ('cause I have no idea on that) but becuase I figure you mess up a little with velvet and your done, wasted piece. But you can always paint on more black with a canvas. That's why Heather Watts pieces impress me so much, they are so clean in details, no mistakes at all.

amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-11 3:49 pm   Permalink

I make a lot of stuff- weird things- out of various materials. I've learned (the hard way!) to buy extra
of whatever it is, and practice on spare pieces first until I feel confident about the technique.

You learn SOOO much from your mistakes!

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation