FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Los Straitjackets, Big Sandy, & The Hula Girls at the Galaxy 4/09/10!! (NOW UPDATED WITH PHOTOS!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Los Straitjackets, Big Sandy, & The Hula Girls at the Galaxy 4/09/10!! (NOW UPDATED WITH PHOTOS!)
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-20 10:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-19 20:30, Luckydesigns wrote:
Thanks, Jeff........aaaand I'm gonna call them AND The Ventures 'surf', and you'll just have to accept it. I know they call themselves 'instrumentalists' and you're a stickler for it but....there it is.

Hey, by the way, would you mind explaining the difference between 'instrumental' bands and 'surf' bands? The Ventures did a ton of 'surf' music and so do Los Straitjackets.... What are the stipulations that define the different genres? I'm sincerely interested....

Spike,
I will tell you in person at Dons on Mon.
as to not derail this thread anymore.
and cool to see you on SG101.
I was gonna post yer info on there,
and you beat me to it.

Cheers.
Jeff(btd)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2010-02-24 20:41 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-20 11:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-19 21:38, RevBambooBen wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-02-19 10:38, Luckydesigns wrote:
Great! By the way, the venue is actually in Santa Ana... It's a really great, big theater. Cool place to see a show. I can't even count the number of times I've been in that room. Good times!

By the way, I will have tickets available at Don the Beachcomer next Monday night. I'm also working on a poster for the show. They'll be hand screened in my garage, once I finalize the design.

I like how you're "Old School-ing your Posters!!!"

in the Garage...

Awesome!!!

It's crazy! he's totally going Jackson Pollack style, working off the floor! The posters he did for the upcoming Swingin' Tiki's/Los Mysteriosos/Hula Girls show at the Tiki Bar in Costa Mesa are fantastic, and I have seen the various stages of when he was making them...it's very labor intensive, with multiple colors of Auto paint, hand-cut stencils, the works......!!!

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2010-02-20 11:17 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-20 1:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-18 22:47, Luckydesigns wrote:
Hey friends! We just got official word that The Hula Girls will be opening for the world famous surf instrumentalists, Los Straitjackets, and Anaheim rockabilly legends, Big Sandy and the Fly Rite Boys. My buddies, The Graceland Mafia, are on the bill too!

We're really excited to be playing this show, but a condition of us being on the bill is that we help sell tickets. If you'd like to see this show, please buy the tickets from me. Every ticket that we sell, helps us show that we can bring people to The Galaxy. In turn, it could help us with future shows there or at The Coach House.

The date is April 9th. Tickets are $13 presale and $15 at the door. If you buy tickets from me, they are only 10 bucks.
Email me at mmarble949@yahoo.com and I'll send you a link to pay through Paypal. The tickets will be mailed out either the same day, or the following day.

This is gonna be an amazing show. Don't miss it! And don't wait to get your tickets!

Some really cool video clips to get you going.....
Los Straitjackets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls9-smAgSRI
Big Sandy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQbMpcdFQ4w
The Hula Girls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sYtk2EYsR4

just realized that is the date of my Mom's B-day.
wonder if she wants to go to a show as her gift?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-21 8:48 pm   Permalink

Reminder: I'll have discounted tickets for this show at Don's tomorrow night. Ten bones.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-22 11:02 am   Permalink

My pants just got a little tighter.

What's the last day we can buy tickets from you? (sorry if I missed that in another post)

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-22 11:41 am   Permalink

Not sure about the last day to get them, but the soon the better. I'm gonna try and be at Don's sporadically on Mondays if people want to buy them from me there.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-23 08:50 am   Permalink

I got a tic last night from Spike,
really looking forward to this show.

He's got a stack of about 50 tix he's gotta sell People.
So Lets all help them out

Jeff(btd)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2010-02-23 08:52 ]

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-24 8:38 pm   Permalink

Spike,
I hope you can make it to Dons either this sat.
or next monday. I need to buy at least 10 tix from you.

I texted a bunch of people, and some bit the hook.

let me know when you can go to Dons, so I can get the money from the ATM.

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-25 10:01 pm   Permalink

Screen printing posters in the next week or so...
Email me for tickets. $10...

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2010-02-25 22:02 ]

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-27 5:10 pm   Permalink

Spike,
did you get my PM?

Jeff(btd)

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-01 10:30 pm   Permalink

Was at Don's tonight to have a mai tai and sell tickets. They are going FAST. If you're interested in going to the show, PM me and I'll figure out a way to get you the tickets. Only ten bucks from me. Way better than paying the door price of fifteen bucks...

By the way, if I didn't already mention it, The Blue Hawaiian and more recently Tikiyaki Orchestra steel guitar genius, Gary Brandin, will be playing this show with us. We're super excited about having him join us!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-02 09:22 am   Permalink

I got 13 tix for friends last night from Spike,
Common everybody lets help him sell those tix.

Oh Spike, 30 min. after you left I got the other phone call I was waiting for,
I need 2 more tix from you.
see ya next monday.

Jeff(btd)

happychi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-02 09:29 am   Permalink

I'm IN!! I'm out of town until next week though...maybe my awesome neighbor (Jason W) will snag one for me??? I'll throw in a Lapu when I get home??

View Profile of happychi Send a personal message to happychi  Goto the website of happychi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-02 12:10 pm   Permalink

Hint taken...I'll get you one hopefully next Monday. Mmm mmm low cal Lapu Lapus!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happychi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-02 4:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks Jason! Your the best neighbor EVER!!!!

View Profile of happychi Send a personal message to happychi  Goto the website of happychi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation