FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Gallery » » Wendy Cevola Finished Projects in order. Page 1, 9 and 11. Update 5/1/14 last page new photos.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Wendy Cevola Finished Projects in order. Page 1, 9 and 11. Update 5/1/14 last page new photos.
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-06 1:47 pm   Permalink

Hi Friends, if you follow my craft page you will see the story of this little tiki that I've added to the bottom of my art photographs. It's such a thrill to see something so precious to the Frank family come back again from her original sculpt. My contribution is just the use of the mold we made and glazing. Joniece did all the rest of the work so many years ago. No other tiki survived the fire. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-02 08:00 am   Permalink

I have 96 of the 110 Tiki Crates finished. When I finish there will be 60 black and blue mugs and 50 of the three color statue version. The Forbidden Island 5th Anniversary Party is on 4/21/2011 a Thursday. We will be there to greet everyone and we are looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

To see how these were made check my crafts thread here on TC. Thank you, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-10 7:11 pm   Permalink

i dig the glazes you used on the f.i. mugs. great work, sistah!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-18 2:40 pm   Permalink

Hi Brodah, thank you, I'm happy too.

I just posted the first bowl made from Joniece Franks little tiki that survived the horrific fire at Frankoma. The whole story is on page one of my crafts thread.

Joniece was Frankoma's master mold maker and sculptor, he sister was the master glazier. They still do some projects at their historical home in Supulpa, Oklahoma. You can see tours on u-tube by typing Frankoma or Joniece Frank. She was named after her father John so you say her name starting with the sound of John.

Yesterday I googled myself and found that someone took a PBS show we were on and split it up and posted it on u-tube with ads. If you would like to view some of our collection or jungle room type Wendy Cevola Video. Cheers, Wendy

LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-19 1:21 pm   Permalink

I just watched them. I'm going to need your autographs now. I know that won't be your one and only 15 minutes of fame.
Here's a link
http://www.5min.com/Video/Polynesian-Art-Collections--Large-Artistic-Tikis-300996921

I hope to see you tonight at St. Patiki day.

Darilyn

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-21 2:56 pm   Permalink

Hi LiddleLola, thank you so much for the links to the video's. Now I can share them more often. Sorry we missed you at Matt's we were with mom until 11pm. See you soon, Wendy

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-21 5:02 pm   Permalink

Incredible Talent shown here.

Thank yo so much for sharing the details.

I would still not attempt it.

Mahalo!

Mctiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-22 09:28 am   Permalink

Just saw your new piece Wendy!

I am touched,honored,and mostly tickled
that would place me in one of your beautiful paintings!
To be "immortalized" by someone with such
talent,energy,multi-medium mastery,creativity,and pure love of Art
is something i will carry forever in my heart!
A Big Hug and Mahalo to you,cutey!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-23 12:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-22 09:28, little lost tiki wrote:
Just saw your new piece Wendy!

I am touched,honored,and mostly tickled
that would place me in one of your beautiful paintings!
To be "immortalized" by someone with such
talent,energy,multi-medium mastery,creativity,and pure love of Art
is something i will carry forever in my heart!
A Big Hug and Mahalo to you,cutey!

That is a very believable Photoshop there LLT. Needs a JoshKat in there though.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-23 1:41 pm   Permalink

it's not a photoshop,Teaks!
Wendy painted this!
Incredible,huh?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
corrinnao
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-25 07:03 am   Permalink

Just found this article on Wendy in the news!
http://www.egcitizen.com/articles/2011/03/24/lifestyle/doc4d8bc08b9f43f270562584.txt

View Profile of corrinnao Send a personal message to corrinnao      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-25 07:54 am   Permalink

Quote:
“I don‘t do my art for fame or fortune,” Cevola said, “I’m just havin’ fun.”

i think this line from the article captures it all...
There is always such a joy and enthusiasm that Wendy captures
both in her life and her art!
It's about time the "outsiders" were exposed to her incredible body of work.
great article!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-25 09:53 am   Permalink

Hi corriannao, thank you so much. It didn't occur to me that I could see the article on-line. I was waiting to go buy a - no 50 copies later today. Thank you, now I've posted the link on my crafts page as well as here.

Kinny you are such a fine artist that it is just a blast when you post on my thread. My aim was to do a painting of you that people would smile at, I sure do. Cheers, Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2011-03-25 09:54 ]

Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-03-25 11:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-25 07:54, little lost tiki wrote:
Quote:
“I don‘t do my art for fame or fortune,” Cevola said, “I’m just havin’ fun.”

i think this line from the article captures it all...
There is always such a joy and enthusiasm that Wendy captures
both in her life and her art!

I couldn't agree more. My wife & I have only met Wendy twice before in the past and each time she made us feel like we'd known her forever. Truly a good soul. Congrats on the article, Wendy!

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-26 09:10 am   Permalink

Stephen, that was such a nice thing to say, thank you. We fell in love with not just tiki but with the people who also love it. This community is really something special. Especially you, Wendy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation