FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Mr Tiki III
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Mr Tiki III
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 1:09 pm   Permalink

So Mr. Tiki shows up and he was kind of insisting that he play on the new Crazed Mugs album. We tried him on guitar and uke - but he sucked. So I gave him a part to play on percussion and he did pretty good. Here's a rough clip of the last minute or so of Mr. Tiki jamming with me on the song "Bamboo Ben."

We're definitely gonna keep the part and he'll get the album credit.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/thecrazedmugs

If you're a facebook hater - then you can see it on our YouTube Channel as well.

Mr. Tiki was kind of surly - I think he felt bad that it wasn't perfect - but we'll fix that, like everything else - in the mix. Also, he was a bit beat from the travel but he got a lot of rest here.

When he left today he was pretty stoked about being on the project and not being hungover like all the other places he's been so far. I think it was pretty refreshing for him.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-18 9:35 pm   Permalink

Hilarious!!!

In the Studio with Mr Tiki

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-23 11:20 am   Permalink

While I was walking through the dessert island garden adjacent to the Tiki bar I'm caretaker of, Sparky's Grotto West in West Seattle, Washington, I came across something new amid the flotsam and jetsam.

I was about to pick up Mr. Tiki II but one of those big and ornery and hungry late season mosquitoes we get in West Seattle grabbed him and flew off.

Fortunately Mr Tiki II wiggled out of the mosquito's clutches and landed in Sparky's neighbor's yard. The neighbor is a real nice mountain gal who makes organic juice or something like that in a shack at the back of her property. She gave Mr Tiki II a sample.

I took Mr Tiki II inside Sparky's where I have my "studio" in the basement. I showed him a bunch of unfinished Woofmutt Stuff & Junk like that.

Then I took him into Sparky's Grotto West and gave him a place of honor to check out the joint. Tiki Bar Rat (an old war buddy of Sparky's childhood pet rabbit Thumper) came in and I introduced them. Tiki Bar Rat traveled a lot during the war and I figured the two of them could go over places they'd been. I left the travelers to shoot the ship and headed back to the studio to do some procrastinating. That was a mistake.

Tiki Bar Rat offered Mr. Tiki II a Coconaut, but it was a trap!

Apparently a rum induced flashback had Tiki Bar Rat convinced that Mr. Tiki II was the enemy. Things got pretty weird and dark real fast.

Holy crap! Tiki Bar Rat has really gone off the deep end! Who will save Mr. Tiki II?

(I'm too busy posting useless crap on Tiki Central and can't really help him out.)

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-23 10:55 pm   Permalink

Holy Crap is right! Our only hope is that you can renew the prescription for Tiki Bar Rat's psych meds before it's too late!

Map on page 1 updated

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-24 07:18 am   Permalink

Mr tiki showed up at my house yesterday after his escape from that rat thing.
We will be going on an adventure around the hood tomorow and then back to the Bamboo Grove of Westwood for an art jam and then dinner and cocktails.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-24 08:07 am   Permalink

How convenient for him that he came for a visit after all your recent construction work was done.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-26 11:41 am   Permalink

Mr Tiki has been at my house for a couple of days now. We are still waiting for a break in the weather so we can go on neighborhood adventure.
while hes here I'm letting him stay in my studio, look at him trying to blend in with the other art,

I let him try his hand at watercolor. I don't think its his favorite medium, he has a tendency to over work it.
My two pieces of advice were, "leave the white spaces, they are your highlights" and " you should be able to paint your smallest details with your biggest brush" needless to say he thinks I'm full of it.

My dad was just here to help me put new french doors in the dining room. Of course Mr Tiki successfully avoided helping with the construction but was on hand for the furniture arranging critique.

I suggested cocktails and he said he would play bartender

I was a little nervous having him dig around in the bar its where I keep a lot of my super cool mid century glassware.

while he did manage to make a fine round of drinks he was really distracted by the fact that i had a large taxidermy game fish on my couch.
whatever dude!

It only took the one cocktail and he was drunk enough to tell Rufus some off color joke

It must have been really bad judging by the look on Rufus' face.

Mr Tiki is currently looking out waiting for the crappy weather to clear up enough for him to go outside. He didn't bring a raincoat OR an umbrella.
So as soon as it clears a bit we will be going down to the beach for a dogventure, maybe a ferry ride across Puget Sound.

[ This Message was edited by: Sophista-tiki 2010-10-26 11:45 ]

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-26 12:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-26 11:41, Sophista-tiki wrote:
Mr Tiki is currently looking out waiting for the crappy weather to clear up enough for him to go outside.

Oh crap - That NW weather may have caused the fist Mr. Tiki to commit tikicide. Get him out of there quick - I hear that the Great Lakes are having some better weather

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-26 1:29 pm   Permalink

The first Mr Tiki dissappeared in the NW? I did not know that.

Theres a reason Mr Tiki #2 ended up at my house. Its always a swanky tropical mid century paradise here regarldess of the weather.

and BY THE WAY.... didn't the news this morning say that the midwest was poised to get the worst weather in 70 yrs. ?

any way doesnt matter, hes headed south like a snowbird.

But not before we go down the street to the beach and see eagles, baby seals and Orcas, and maybe dig a hole in the sand play on the swings by the ferry dock and have a really good neighborhood espresso.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-26 3:54 pm   Permalink

Great story and pics, thanks Dawn

Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 03:18 am   Permalink

We always have the worst weather on 70 years... every year! That's the Midwest.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-21 09:40 am   Permalink

Have we lost another one?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-21 09:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-21 09:40, Big Kahuna wrote:
Have we lost another one?

Nope, he just arrived in Nebraska yesterday. More to come I hope.....

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-21 09:55 am   Permalink

Excellent! Careful, don't let him corrupt the rugrat!

[ This Message was edited by: Big Kahuna 2010-11-21 09:55 ]

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-22 01:50 am   Permalink

Mr Tiki had a hard time getting out of Seattle. he had a little dramma with his first destination pick So he had to pick again. I'm so glad he made it to his next host!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation