FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Inky and Smiley's Vegas home bar Hubert's Huli Huli Haus!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Inky and Smiley's Vegas home bar Hubert's Huli Huli Haus!
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-16 07:45 am   Permalink

The project is really coming along great. Love what you've done so far and the tapa on the walls looks amazing. What's your plans for the wall behind the bar? Bottles and mugs or artwork? Inquiring minds want to know

Thanks for the update on the progress.

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-16 6:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-16 07:45, littlegiles wrote:
The project is really coming along great. Love what you've done so far and the tapa on the walls looks amazing. What's your plans for the wall behind the bar? Bottles and mugs or artwork? Inquiring minds want to know

Thanks for all the great comments.
I plan on adding bottle shelves on the wall behing the bar which will also help disguise the AC unit.
Making the curve cutout for the bar extension was a bit of a trick. I ended up using thick foam weatherstrip to fill in the minor gap between the vintage bar side and the new extension bar top.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-16 7:47 pm   Permalink

bruce, save a spot for a lamp or two from me. i also have a bundle of 2" bamboo for you. i need to move in the next few weeks so i'm thinning the hoard. i'll call you tomorrow. have a meeting at frankie's at 7pm maybe we should get a drink.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-17 09:13 am   Permalink

If you and Inky DO go to O.A., pay me a visit too, I'm in town.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-20 01:27 am   Permalink

OA Road trip coming up!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-17 10:42 pm   Permalink

Ok, I am done with what I call "Phase One". (As is often repeated on TC 'A home tiki bar is NEVER finished!')Now it is time for the decor.
To show off the bar, Inky and I our having a party on July 10.

Here is the info from the OTHER EVENTS thread;
"Hello, It is time for a Vegas Home Tiki Party at our new home bar! The party will be in honor of my Birthday and will be held at Inky and my pad in Las Vegas (near the Strip)and will feature our new home bar, The ......(unknamed at this time)!

Saturday July 10, 2010 at 7pm.

Contact me for directions, etc.

ZAZZ!!!!"

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-18 01:52 am   Permalink

That looks amazin'. Slap some Bamboo Ben Secret Old Timey Sauce on all that business, and MAN, that'll do 'er! Regardless, it's great. NICE work.

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-18 2:25 pm   Permalink

Lookin' ZAZZ! That's so "cool" that it's air conditioned! Wish I could be there for the grand opening and birthday party but I'm going out of town the holiday weekend before and I just can't do both.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-18 10:20 pm   Permalink

Looking sweet Smiley Man!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-18 11:08 pm   Permalink

Time to start decorating!!

OOF!

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-19 08:25 am   Permalink

Looks great! Come a long way from the tiki bar in a closet;

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-19 8:19 pm   Permalink

Can't wait to see after you get all that decor put up.

You have done an amazing job in there. Looks awesome!

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-23 10:40 pm   Permalink

Hubert has recommended this as the name for our home bar "Hubert's Huli Huli Haus"--(Russell S. Monkey is pissed!).
OOF!

Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-24 04:46 am   Permalink

Jeez! That looks like a ton of decoration to have going up. So much fun! The walls look great. Can't wait to see it with all that stuff up.
Decorating has got to be one of the most enjoyable parts of a Tiki bar. Well, then there's also the drinking.

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2010-06-24 04:47 ]

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-24 1:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-23 22:40, mrsmiley wrote:
Hubert has recommended this as the name for our home bar "Hubert's Huli Huli Haus"--(Russell S. Monkey is pissed!).
OOF!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation