FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tonga Hut Parking Lot Sale with The Hula Girls Sunday, March 28 at 4pm
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Tonga Hut Parking Lot Sale with The Hula Girls Sunday, March 28 at 4pm
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 09:46 am   Permalink

ATTENTION TONGA HUT SHOPPERS!!!

My moving is your gain

This works out great for you...great timing and all that buslliht

Besides my usual selection of paintings for sale (or trade = hint to other vendors)

- I'll have a generous variety of mid-century coolness on tap. Cheap. Be sure to check it out!

See everyone Sunday afternoon. G

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-26 2:19 pm   Permalink

GROG have a couple of hand-built mugs in the kiln bisque firing. Tomorrow GROG do glaze fire, and if all goes well, then GROG will have some Java Bobs, Moai Salt and Pepper Shakers, and a couple of hand-built Moai mugs. Right now GROG just waiting for bro-inlaw to call so GROG can pick up dremel to bore out holes in salt and pepper shakers so that GROG can get them glazed today. Something always happens that things end up coming right down to the wire to get finished in time!

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 2:59 pm   Permalink

I'm so bad about posting stuff, I just don't seem to have the time... but here's something I'll have on hand for the parking lot sale...

I've created a new framed vinyl tiki map. This time it's Rarotonga, "capitol" of the Cook Islands, complete with a tangaroa tiki. Map measures 11"x17".

It's the prize in my Great Rarotonga Raffle.
There are 50 tickets, and each ticket consists of a 4"x 6" numbered, hand-rubbed linoblock print of the map (suitable for framing!) and a 2" resin tangaroa face pendant. Tickets are 10.00 each.

So even if you don't win the map, you still get some fun art fer yer 10 bucks!

I'm working on lots of other stuff, but so far have not even had time to photograph anything else! I'll try to post more stuff soon!

See everybody on Sunday!

http://ericoctober.com

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2010-03-27 23:07 ]

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 6:45 pm   Permalink

Grog,
save money and sunscreen and put on a Hat.

Jeff(btd)

Quote:

On 2010-03-26 00:20, GROG wrote:
It's going to be a nice, mostly sunny day in the mid 80s, so wear your sunscreen.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 6:50 pm   Permalink

Do I have this right....The Hula Girls are an all Dude Band? If so, just wondering if they modeled their name after the "Bare Naked Ladies", not ladies, not naked. Hula Girls, not girls, no hula...

Okay back to shopping...I've been using coupons like mad, eating $1.69 Lean Cuisine dinners for the last 2 weeks for lunch, and broke open a piggy bank for more spending money for this. Get outta my way I've got stuff to buy! Bringing my "big" shopping bag!

Kirby the masks and the new pendants are way cool...Dibs on Grog's most "orangy" Java Bob! If you folks don't own a Bowana Hula Girl mug--you must! The detail is truly amazing.

See ya'll at the hut!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 7:37 pm   Permalink

will Dr. Gene Scott be there?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 8:00 pm   Permalink

Grog I sent you a PM .Interested in selling space.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 8:55 pm   Permalink

Hey Kids!
I am REALLY looking forward to SUNDAY!
Right now I am high as a kite on liquid resin fumes from making awesome DRINK TRAYS featuring my COCONUT MONKEY paintings.
Come buy YOURS at the Tonga Hut tiki parking lot extravaganza THIS SUNDAY! Don't disappoint! I killed braincells for YOU!

In addition I will have ATOMIKITTY Art Prints, Bamboo-Framed Resin Prints, Pencil/Stash Boxes, Pendants, Magnets & Coasters!

But WAIT! There's MORE! . . .
I will also have a fine selection of Tiki and Mid-Century Collectibles for sale~ Including Bar ware, Jewelry & Awesome Vintage Clothing!

AND THAT'S NOT ALL! . . .
For Sunday Only~ I have decided to offer YOU the opportunity to bring a fabulous Coconut Monkey into YOUR home!
My collection has outgrown my living space, so I have decided to bring a few monkeys from my collection to be adopted into tiki loving homes.
How does this work? ~ You buy an Atomikitty art piece, you get a *FREE MONKEY!
*While supplies last

I MUST be high on resin fumes to offer deals like this!
So swing by Crazy Suzy's table on Sunday to get your hands on these amazing deals.

Think I'll go lay down now. . .

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-26 8:58 pm   Permalink

...and don't come alone!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 11:24 pm   Permalink

Hey Suzy, you're not the only one enjoying the lovely aroma of eau de resin... can't tell if I'm woozy from that or the mai tai I just had...

Sounds like you'll have some awesome stuff! Can't wait to see your cool tiki wares!

OH - also, forgot to mention, I have lots more original Stockton Islander Bamboo to distribute, courtesy of Abstractiki... stop by my table and pick up a piece, absolutely free, while they last!

This is indeed going to be one fun event!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 11:29 pm   Permalink

The poster printing has begun.....

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-27 05:58 am   Permalink

Can't wait to see everyone and the artist's cool artwork! I'll have some black velvets, and my wifes midcentury inspired ceramic wall fish. I have some new mid century inspired wood wall fish like The Incredibles had in their living room! see ya!

Alene's Ceramic Fish:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27260473@N08/sets/72157621961656307/

Live like a Beachcomber! www.TikiTony.com www.flickr.com/photos/tikitony

[ This Message was edited by: tikitony 2010-03-27 08:03 ]

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-27 09:35 am   Permalink

Grog check your PMs I have been trying to contact you for two days !

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-27 11:11 am   Permalink

HipHiPaHulA! Aloha!

I'm excited and ready to serve up the most original and best Tiki Cocktails you have ever had the pleasure of sippin' on. Lisa Marie and myself are prepared to take on the wild and crazy Tiki crowd. Much planning went into all the new cocktails and we are prepared to serve you quickly so you have plenty of time to shop!

Speaking of shopping, I plan to do some myself I can't wait to see all the cool art the artists are bringing out to the Hut. This will be the biggest and best Tonga Hut Art Show ever! You won't want to miss it, Art, the Hula Girls Band Live, the DJ Marty Lush Show and more. Cocktails, Mugs, Tiki's, you name it our artists will have it!

It's going to be a beautiful warm spring day so pack up the station wagon but leave plenty of room to bring home some goodies. Bring your favorite Tiki Mug with you and belly up to the bar folks and let us fill it up with something cold, wet and Hipalicious!

Mahalo to all of you! Grog your awesome, Artists your bitchin' Marty Lush your the tops you know that. My boss, Jeremy... (tear In my eye)... You already know. Thanks everyone ahead of time. Now! Let's Tiki! See you tomorrow!! 4:00

Vendors come see me for the vendors cocktail specials.

Missin' you Tiki Kate

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-27 11:47 am   Permalink

And don't forget your fez!

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-03-27 13:08 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation