FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tonga Hut Parking Lot Sale with The Hula Girls Sunday, March 28 at 4pm
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Tonga Hut Parking Lot Sale with The Hula Girls Sunday, March 28 at 4pm
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 11:58 am   Permalink

OK? WTF!?... for a guy who lives at the beach and bitches about it never being 'Hot' and sunny at the beach....? Today? IT"S HOT AND SUNNY!!! and where an i going?? a Parking Lot in the Valley!!!!??? (Mr. Yaki? how do you like dem Apples? Oh'! welcome to the neighborhood)

Hmmm? good thing a like it hot and sunny anywhere...less clothes more fun!
I'm bringing sun-screen and the usual....
but these up i'm getting down to the last of them
http://tikimania.com/docs/BP_mugs.html
and these too
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/ALmug_APE-3.html
bring your worn out 8 year old APE CD and get one for $7 w/ purchase of Shot Mug

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 7:52 pm   Permalink

Kelly,
sorry I was planning on coming up,
but between having a rough morning(Hangover from Dons last night)
getting 5 hours sleep,
and then walking around at a Car show in the Hot sun in HB.
I am too pooped to come up.

Spike Great flyers,

Hope all had a great time.
I raise a toast of vitamin water
(very rare for me) to you all.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 9:27 pm   Permalink

Three cheers and loads of aloha to GROG for putting on a GREAT AFTERNOON/EVENING! Okay, how many of you LOVED that the vending was outdoors where it was light enough so we could really see the great artwork and goods for sale? And the Hula Girls were fantastic! Yummy cocktails, wonderful people... and I went home with a vintage James Bond 007 underwater adventure set! Why? Because it was just too campy cool. I mean, who doesn't need a really cheap snorkle (with "007" on it), that claims it doubles as a weapon? (I will put someone's eye out with it eventually, I'm sure.) Oh, oh, oh! And the free coconut monkey adoptions from Susannah Mosher!? How sweet was that?!

It was so good to see so many, and what a FUN way to jumpstart us all into a Tiki Spring! Thank you, Grog, Jeremy, Hiphipahula, and all the artists and sellers!

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-28 9:35 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone involved in putting this event together. My wife and I had a great time browsing, enjoying a Tonga Hut cocktail, and picking up some items from Tiki Tony and Tikiyaki!

kevin

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keola
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-28 9:45 pm   Permalink

I walked away with this little pincushion today...

View Profile of keola Send a personal message to keola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melekalikimaka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-29 06:20 am   Permalink

Warm!

What a terrific time! Hiphipahula and Lisa Marie serving up the most blood-cooling libations helped us all deal with the summer-like temperature. The Hula Girls sounded fabulous!

Thanks Jeremy for holding this fab event. Pictures to follow once I get out to unload the car. I scored some fabulous etched glasses as well as a swell vintage mug.

I saw quite a few makamaka that have been hiding in their winter caves... gotta love the warmth, eh?

Aloha!

View Profile of Melekalikimaka Send a personal message to Melekalikimaka  Email Melekalikimaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 06:24 am   Permalink

Thanks Grog for organizing, and thanks Jeremy and the awesome Tonga Hut for hosting. HeyLowNine, thanks for the Lekookoo purchase! good seeing Kingstiedye and Crazy Al Pachino, Nuclear atomic kitty, fez master of the head coverage, Eric Mr Month of October, 1960's surfaholic, Tiki G meisters moving service, fuzzy buzzy, Marty Lushsicle, Pineapple Chicken Tikiyaki, Menehuene Meiko, papa Kirbs, Dr z outta the wood work, and all of you others I talked with that the morning fog has not recovered your name to me yet!

tOny

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 08:11 am   Permalink

Great times! Thank you, Grog. for inviting the Hula Girls! Sorry if I did not get a chance to talk to more people. Getting all our equiptment into such a tight space was a little tricky, and took up all my concentration. But it all worked out, and I hope people were digging the Hula Girl's sound!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 08:19 am   Permalink

Cheers! to Grog, Jeremy, Hiphipahula & Lisa Marie, the Hula Girls and all of the artists and vendors yesterday - this event was pretty damn cool

It was a nice afternoon weather wise, I think we all got some sun - I did for sure.

Thanks to everyone who purchased something from me - I sold five TikiG paintings during the course of a couple hours as well as a few old model kits and a few cool vintage board games. Enjoy the treasures...I know each sale left in the hands of a loving new owner.

I just snapped a couple pics, way less than I wanted to, but hey! I know TongaTom snapped tons...TongaTom...please download some pics when you get a chance
Aloha, G

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2010-03-29 08:20 ]

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 08:55 am   Permalink

Great to see everyone yesterday.Special thanks to Grog and all those they came by my
booth and bought some vintage tiki goods.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RoseRed
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 09:33 am   Permalink

[/quote]

GREAT show guys! I had fun dancing to "Longboard Baby". Can't wait to see you play again.

Grog did a KICK A** job and deserves kudos. SUCH a successful event - one of the best at the Hut so far

- Rosered

View Profile of RoseRed Send a personal message to RoseRed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melekalikimaka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-29 09:44 am   Permalink

As promised, photos from yesterday's successful parking lot sale!

enjoy!!!

View Profile of Melekalikimaka Send a personal message to Melekalikimaka  Email Melekalikimaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 10:19 am   Permalink

The Tonga Hut Art Show posters are available for purchase through paypal now... We still have a few left! All posters are designed by me, hand screened, and signed and numbered. I'm going to try and do a new poster for just about every show that we play. Get one of my first ones today!

Email me at
mmarble949@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invoice. They will be packaged in a mailing tube and sent out asap... It'll be $20 for the poster and $5 for shipping. Thanks! Please specify the colorway that you're interested in.

And now for the pictures! Thanks again to the Tonga Hut and to Grog for having The Hula Girls out to play. We had an absolute BLAST!! Best crowd that we've played to in a while!!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 10:34 am   Permalink

I'm glad it went well...I had a prior commitment at my father-in-law's 30th wedding anniversary dinner party (after the late night at Don's) so couldn't make it, but hope to on a future Tonga Hut event.

Caltiki

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 11:07 am   Permalink

Good times !

Great to see the peeps I haven't seen much of since I moved to the seaside. Al, I hear ya, but hey, I ain't complainin'...I'm still adjusting to beach climates, so it felt nice to get a little HEAT !

Good thing I'm an early bird, so I got the shady spot next to the wall...i KNEW that would be the spot to be in.

Hula Goils....I only saw 1 1/2 songs (had to mind the store) but it sounded nice ! VOL-CAAA-NO ! Reminded me of the Blue Hawaiians a lil' bit...not a bad thing in my book.

Marty Lush....Thanx for the Gilligan Island episodes ! made for great parking lot entertainment.

Tiki Season has officially BEGUN ! Here's to another great sumer of PolyPop madness !

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a....YEEA BITCH !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-bWf2QD4vw

Do you have your TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA CD YET ?
http://www.myspace.com/tikiyaki
http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2010-03-29 11:14 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation