FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The South Pacific Room-Vista,CA-updated 05/04/14
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
The South Pacific Room-Vista,CA-updated 05/04/14
ashman_atl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-07 12:31 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman- looks like you're making progress with the demo... great direction taking out the FP. Who needs it when you have such a smokin' hot view of that pool! Keep those kids busy and the updates coming!

View Profile of ashman_atl Send a personal message to ashman_atl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 10:43 am   Permalink

The Pro's arrived this morning... its amazing how fast they work..

The faux chimney is coming down and windows were being removed

Fingers crossed that it doesnt rain today

Future view through the spot the old fireplace was in.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 7:19 pm   Permalink

More Progress-

The concrete slab underneath the chimney was built like Fort Knox... the concrete was about 20 inches thick... CRAZY. This poor guy worked a FULL day with a jackhammer to get it out.

You can see that even with a jackhammer only small chips of it would come off.

When it was fully removed it left a big hole in the ground right outside the doors.. I need to get some dirt from the yard to fill it before someone falls into it.

Looking Southwest.. New Windows and Doors installed

Southeast

Due South

The drywall went up today and they worked on the electrical for some new switches.. fan controls, and power strips at the peak of the ceiling for all the tiki lamps that will eventually hang there...

progress....

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 7:27 pm   Permalink

Looking good mate. Cant wait to see what you come up with

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 7:27 pm   Permalink

Damn Derek you are doing a serious demo or what.I know you have great plans in the
grand scheme of things.You always have a great eye for detail.I can't wait to see
what the outcome is.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-15 8:18 pm   Permalink

Drywall work is done. Sprayed and mudded over the weekend.

They made my center beam wider so that they could fit my new electrical wiring in the ceiling.
Now its ready for my power strip and ceiling fan.

Back wall

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-15 11:51 pm   Permalink

What a difference that makes already!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-20 6:03 pm   Permalink

Supplies

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2010-03-20 18:04 ]

Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-20 6:22 pm   Permalink

lookin real good derek! Can't wait to see what magic you'll do with all that bamboo (and what type of MM lights will be hanging from the ceiling too!)

I have to admit - Fireplace demolition looked like fun

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-21 11:22 am   Permalink

Man, getting the chimney foundation out must have been a real b*tch. They pour those super thick to keep them from settling under the weight of the chimney. The doors look sweet.
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-21 1:02 pm   Permalink

Those doors were a damn good idea...great view indeed.

Never knew that about chimney foundations...makes sense. My back hurt just look at that demolition.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-27 09:00 am   Permalink

Updates- The new drywall and texturing has been painted with two coats of primer. Essentially bringing me back to ground zero (a finished room with no holes in the walls)

The Ceiling was then painted brown. I will be using some reed fencing as a ceiling treatment and I wanted to avoid see the white paint through the small openings in that material. The olive brown will fill in the gaps between each reed.

The window trim wont go all the way over the sill so I painted them for easier dusting/cleaning etc.

UGGHH!!!! this is what your kitchen looks like when you've been living in "remodeling mode" for 8 months.... Its gets on your nerves after awhile...

SDshirtman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-27 2:48 pm   Permalink

Cant wait to see how this turns out. Keep the pictures and updates coming.

View Profile of SDshirtman Send a personal message to SDshirtman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 10:02 pm   Permalink

These 1x2's will be attached to the beams in the ceiling and will actually secure the matting and reed fencing to the underside of the drywall.

The beams were straight from Home Depot and I shaped and distressed them with a grinder. Stain and Semi Gloss.

My brother has been an excellent "second set of hands" throughout all of my remodeling. He is a huge help.

The ceiling is starting to take shape. We will be attaching big bamboo perpendicular to the wooden supports.

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-30 12:47 am   Permalink

A helluva a start monkeydude. GROG looking forward to seeing what you do to the room.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation