FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Home Tiki Bars ╗ ╗ The South Pacific Room-Vista,CA-updated 05/04/14
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
The South Pacific Room-Vista,CA-updated 05/04/14
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-10 2:59 pm   Permalink

Great work Monk!
A very talented carver and designer.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-12 6:12 pm   Permalink

Damn Derek! I was waiting for that. Can't wait to see more progress.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 07:23 am   Permalink

Even though you used a router, it still appears to be a chisel because of the high and lower waves of rough marks. I think there is another TCer who found a way to mass produce this kind of work but lost the hands on approach your still has. Its as great as your frames.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 09:49 am   Permalink

Strand Woven Bamboo Flooring installed...

Ceiling Detail (many more lamps to come.. ive only installed a few of what I have)

Curved Sectional and tiki in place. (still need to hang all the artwork)

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hina Bec

Posted: 2010-06-13 10:37 am   Permalink

Your room is amazing!!!

I have to ask, where did you get that nice sectional? I've been looking for something exactly like that.

Kudos - I can't wait to see more pics!

View Profile of Hina Bec Send a personal message to Hina Bec      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 2:45 pm   Permalink

Breathtaking....simply awe inspiring.

More pics, must have more pics. It is looking amazing. I think you have created a room that many of us just dream about.

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-15 06:59 am   Permalink

Wow, MM looking good. Considering the amount of space you've got I can see this thread being a very long one. Can't wait for each and every update.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-11 11:02 am   Permalink

Love that ceiling! Also like my hanging Tuki Tuki Tiki Room bird up there! You're getting me fired up to go finish my beachcomber shack now!

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-11 10:29 pm   Permalink

Beautiful work Derek! I love how it is all coming together.

Some great detail work on the beams, and the color is a really great addition to it all! Great design elements!

I've found that sometimes working the router is more difficult than hand carving. A steady hand and slow cuts come from intense concentration.
But you can't beat it for getting large pieces complete in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks for the progress shots... and congrats!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ashman_atl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-14 10:01 am   Permalink

Place is looking hot!

View Profile of ashman_atl Send a personal message to ashman_atl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-14 10:08 am   Permalink

Can't wait to see it finished... You are a real craftsman! Very inspiring Mr. Monkey!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-14 5:36 pm   Permalink

Any eye-candy-filled updates to drool over? How about some night shots? Oh boy, night shots.....

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bau
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-02 11:03 am   Permalink

wow! I love the beam , that looks amazing! the big tiki is cool too, that is foam?? this gives me ideas... lol

View Profile of Bau Send a personal message to Bau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-05 4:01 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman, your use of color on that central beam is something I've never seen before.
It is absolutely perfect.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-21 2:52 pm   Permalink

Some progress was made this weekend.... thanks to the chop and fellow artists for motivating me.

Some new trim over the archway.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation