FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Is there a Beachbum Berry Remixed Update?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Is there a Beachbum Berry Remixed Update?
Hearn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-01 07:53 am   Permalink

...just curious if anyone knows about when this puppy is going to ship?

I keep getting "Do You Want To Cancel Order?" emails from AMAZON?

Mahalo,
Hearn

View Profile of Hearn Send a personal message to Hearn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-03-01 09:29 am   Permalink

The only update I've seen is this trailer for Remixed on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7LgVfZAlMk&feature=player_embedded

Still, no release date mentioned.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CinciTiki

Posted: 2010-03-01 4:34 pm   Permalink

The interesting thing is, Remixed has shown as In Stock on the SLG Publishing web site for a while.

Remixed-A-Gallery-of-Tiki-Drinks_p_1413.html" target="_blank">http://www.slgcomic.com/Beachbum-Berry-Remixed-A-Gallery-of-Tiki-Drinks_p_1413.html

Guess we will just have to keep waiting until Amazon figures it out

View Profile of CinciTiki Send a personal message to CinciTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Magnus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-03 05:08 am   Permalink

Info from Club Tiki Press says:

"The new Beach Bum Berry book which was originally due out in November has been sent to the printer and will now be available in mid-February. Those of you who pre-ordered the book on Amazon should not have to do anything unless you would like to cancel your order."

Also some news about Taboo Table:

"But, have no fear, Tabboo Table is indeed going to be back in print, but the new ship date for the second printing is now the last week of February, so we should start seeing copies out to Amazon the first week of March. Our apologies for the delay, unforeseen holiday issues and some other stuff just got in the way.

So, DO NOT pay $75 for this thing on eBay or Amazon. Unless, of course, you need it now."

[ This Message was edited by: Trader Magnus 2010-03-03 05:09 ]

View Profile of Trader Magnus Send a personal message to Trader Magnus  Goto the website of Trader Magnus ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-03 05:34 am   Permalink

Just this past weekend a couple of copies were seen in the Mai Kai gift shop so they are out there.... don't cancel your Amazon order just yet.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dood
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-03 10:24 am   Permalink

Last I heard from Jeff was "some time in early March" so it should be out really really really really soon.

View Profile of Dood Send a personal message to Dood  Goto the website of Dood     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-03 12:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-03 10:24, Dood wrote:
Last I heard from Jeff was "some time in early March" so it should be out really really really really soon.

Last I heard from him was "mid-February", so...

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nate

Posted: 2010-03-03 2:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-03 05:08, Trader Magnus wrote:

Also some news about Taboo Table:

"But, have no fear, Tabboo Table is indeed going to be back in print, but the new ship date for the second printing is now the last week of February, so we should start seeing copies out to Amazon the first week of March. Our apologies for the delay, unforeseen holiday issues and some other stuff just got in the way.

Nice! I didn't even know they were putting Taboo Table back into print. Of course Amazon has no indication of that...

View Profile of nate Send a personal message to nate      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danslave

Posted: 2010-03-03 3:56 pm   Permalink

HI there

Kust so you know, the copies of the Beachbum Berry Remixed book are going to be delivered to our warehouse tomorrow. We will ship them out either Friday or Monday to our distributor, it might take a couple of weeks for the books to find their way to Amazon, but keep your preorder there as it is the best price you are going to find on them.

We did have some copies that were put into inventory at SLGCOMIC.COM, they were part of the advance copies we got from the printer and were not meant for sale.

Taboo Table will be arriving in our warehouse next week and we will be putting up our copies in our Amazon third party seller central store then.

We will update our Club Tiki Press website (www.clubtiki.com) as things develop.

Thanks very much.

Dan Vado

View Profile of danslave Send a personal message to danslave  Email danslave Goto the website of danslave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hearn

Posted: 2010-03-03 5:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the update Dan!
Really looking forward to it!

View Profile of Hearn Send a personal message to Hearn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls

Posted: 2010-03-04 06:55 am   Permalink

Danslave, is it best to order through Amazon, or can we order directly through SLG? I try to order stuff as close to the "source" as possible to support artists, musicians, etc.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CucamongaChango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-05 9:22 pm   Permalink

WOO!

View Profile of CucamongaChango Send a personal message to CucamongaChango      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Moto
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-10 06:01 am   Permalink

Hi,

Just thought I'd let everyone know that it's possible to order Beachbum Berry Remixed directly from SLG Publishing here:

Remixed-A-Gallery-of-Tiki-Drinks_p_1413.html" target="_blank">http://www.slgcomic.com/Beachbum-Berry-Remixed-A-Gallery-of-Tiki-Drinks_p_1413.html

(sorry--new here and haven't quite figured out how to hyperlink yet)

After seeing it on pre-order on Amazon last month, I went to the publisher's website to find the release date and saw that it was listed as in stock there; I immediately ordered it and received my copy about a week later. Only downside was that I paid full price plus shipping (it came to a little over $30), but this book is worth every penny. I've read it cover to cover a few times already. Surfin' Safari is what really got me into tiki culture and exotic drinks, so I missed out on Grog Log and Intoxica. It's great to have them both in one book, plus the appendices with the new recipes from Berry and the tiki revival. Great, great stuff.

BTW, one of the new recipes in Appendix 2 is the Reverb Crash--the winning drink from the TC contest!

View Profile of Mr. Moto Send a personal message to Mr. Moto      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TeeKeeMan

Posted: 2010-03-11 02:06 am   Permalink

I hope this is all true. 'remixed' isn't even available for pre-order anymore at Amazon. There's now just a button to click if you'd like to be emailed if it becomes available again. It's been my experience with other things on Amazon that this is the kiss of death - there's none now and no real prospect of gettin any more of them. I don't know if this just means all pre-order copies are sold out and they won't be getting any additional, or what. I checked and my pre-order is still there in the system, it's not been cancelled and I haven't received any emails from Amazon one way or the other... Keeping my fingers crossed.

View Profile of TeeKeeMan Send a personal message to TeeKeeMan  Email TeeKeeMan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 06:07 am   Permalink

Yeah, I don't know what's going on at Amazon. I originally ordered 2 copies back in August, but when I checked the status the other day it said only 1 copy and no release date. Whatever.

Out of frustration I also ordered one from SLG directly - yes it was like $30, but after about a week it arrived yesterday...there was much joy in the Rhum Rhum Room last night.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation