FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Is there a Beachbum Berry Remixed Update?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Is there a Beachbum Berry Remixed Update?
Trader Magnus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-11 11:10 am   Permalink

I cancelled my Amazon order today and ordered directly from SLG...

View Profile of Trader Magnus Send a personal message to Trader Magnus  Goto the website of Trader Magnus ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aloha.taboo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 11:47 am   Permalink

Me too.

View Profile of aloha.taboo Send a personal message to aloha.taboo  Email aloha.taboo Goto the website of aloha.taboo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TeeKeeMan
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-11 11:51 am   Permalink

I think I'm with you guys...

View Profile of TeeKeeMan Send a personal message to TeeKeeMan  Email TeeKeeMan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 11:53 am   Permalink

I am very tempted. Is it worth $13 more to wait...

It will be a few weeks before the new Grogalizer is ready to be unveiled. I will have the new book and it's recipes in it regardless, so I will wait... Impatiently.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TeeKeeMan

Posted: 2010-03-11 12:10 pm   Permalink

Placed my SLG order. Total $34.51 with CA sales tax and UPS ground shipping (SLG is in CA, it'll arrive in 2 days anyhow...). The good news for everyone else is that since I've now cancelled the Amazon order and paid nearly double, Amazon will probably start shipping them tomorrow.

View Profile of TeeKeeMan Send a personal message to TeeKeeMan  Email TeeKeeMan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brice

Posted: 2010-03-11 12:43 pm   Permalink

Tried to order off of SLG....and none available. What a huge disappointment. I think it is really unprofessional when a publisher can't do its job. If I did this I would be terminated! They are squandering good will as well as losing money and fan base. At this point we still have our order in at amazon and are gonna play the waiting game, for a great book it is worth the wait but it's upsetting that some people can get the book and others(like me damn it!) have to play the lottery to get it. Either the book is out or it isn't. I am tired of playing whack a mole on web sites to try and find a book I preordered before Christmas!

View Profile of Brice Send a personal message to Brice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 8:21 pm   Permalink

I had a pre-order for this book in at Amazon. Early this week, I got a notice from Amazon that they had oversold on the pre-orders & there weren't enough books available to fill them all so my order was being canceled. But they also gave me a $25 credit on my account to be used on my next order. We order from Amazon a lot so that seemed ok with me. Now I just need to find somewhere else to order it. & I'm still in search of "Taboo Table" also.
~Kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-12 01:57 am   Permalink

I heard today that a technical glitch at Amazon has finally been sorted out and that REMIXED will begin shipping this week. I hope thats true.

[ This Message was edited by: swizzle 2010-03-12 01:57 ]

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danslave

Posted: 2010-03-12 2:09 pm   Permalink

HI All

To update you on the issue with Amazon, whatever problem they are having has NOT been sorted out so the books will not start shipping from them soon. If you go to the Amazon.com listing for the book you will see it available directly from us as a third party vendor, orders placed that way will ship right away.

Better though would be to go to our comics site at
www.slgcomic.com and search for the book using the term remixed. If you order there you will get 10% off your entire order and free shipping (in the US only via media mail). Worth doing because we also have Taboo Table back in print. This offer only goes to the end of this week (3/19).

If you ordered from us between Tuesday and now and paid shipping on the books, I will refund you the cost of the freight next week.

The issue with Amazon is not of our making, and sadly we are caught in the middle since the distributor who caused the problem is not one who sells our books to Amazon.

My advice, if you are willing to wait, is to wait out your Amazon order. You will pay less for the book, possibly get free shipping and ultimately be happy you waited.

Thanks and sorry.

Dan Vado
SLG Publishing/ Club Tiki Press

View Profile of danslave Send a personal message to danslave  Email danslave Goto the website of danslave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-12 4:17 pm   Permalink

just picked up a copy of TABOO TABLE and RE MIXED from you ....shipping seemed a little high but ya got me over a (RUM) barrel!lol

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TeeKeeMan

Posted: 2010-03-13 12:27 pm   Permalink

SLG came through for me. Ordered it two days ago and got it today. I'd have liked to have saved a few shekels from Amazon, but having the book in hand makes it all worth it, even with the extra money spent. Only thing to do now is decide which drink to make first!

rangda
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-13 9:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Only thing to do now is decide which drink to make first!

As a friend of mine would say, why choose, make all of them. Beware of Hell in the Pacific, I just had one of those; quite tasty but aptly named. I couldn't finish it.

I too ordered from SLG. Last time I paid strong attention to Beachbum Berry books there was only one of them; SLG had Sippin Safari & Taboo Table in stock as well. As Amazon had none of any of them it made more sense to get all 3 from SLG.

View Profile of rangda Send a personal message to rangda      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Moto
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-14 06:38 am   Permalink

I ordered Taboo Table from SLG yesterday myself...

I'm about a dozen drinks into BBR so far and haven't made one I didn't like. Among my favorites so far are Colonel Beach's Plantation Punch (the ginger beer in this is brilliant), the Samoan Fog Cutter (a new blender version of TV's original recipe that I like even better), the Sidewinder's Fang, Doctor Funk (a different version than the one originally printed in Intoxica!, apparently), and the Puka Punch.

I did find what seems to be a mistake, though, in the recipe for the Volcano House Hot Buttered Rum on page 152. The list of ingredients does not include the type or amount of rum (or rums) that's supposed to go into the drink. Can anyone with a copy of the original Intoxica! provide this information?

View Profile of Mr. Moto Send a personal message to Mr. Moto      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-14 11:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-14 06:38, Mr. Moto wrote:
...the recipe for the Volcano House Hot Buttered Rum on page 152. The list of ingredients does not include the type or amount of rum (or rums) that's supposed to go into the drink. Can anyone with a copy of the original Intoxica! provide this information?

Actually, the drink appears in the Grog Log (p86). It calls for 1.5 ounces of Myers rum. Coruba would also work.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Moto
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-14 1:23 pm   Permalink

Huh. That's interesting. Just double-checked: the recipe definitely appears in the Intoxica! section of BBR. Wonder what else has been moved around. Anyway, thanks for the information, leisure master!

View Profile of Mr. Moto Send a personal message to Mr. Moto      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation