FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Is there a Beachbum Berry Remixed Update?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Is there a Beachbum Berry Remixed Update?
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-14 1:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Beware of Hell in the Pacific, I just had one of those; quite tasty but aptly named. I couldn't finish it.

No kidding on that. I made my first one last night and it's a killer. Don't make it your *fourth* drink of the night.

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rangda
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-14 2:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-14 13:30, heylownine wrote:
Quote:

Beware of Hell in the Pacific, I just had one of those; quite tasty but aptly named. I couldn't finish it.

No kidding on that. I made my first one last night and it's a killer. Don't make it your *fourth* drink of the night.

That's amusing as it was my fourth when I made it.

View Profile of rangda Send a personal message to rangda      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TeeKeeMan

Posted: 2010-03-14 3:29 pm   Permalink

I noticed that some of the recipes in the 'Intoxica' section of the BBR were in the Grog Log as well. Being that I'd never owned Intoxica, I just thought maybe it was originally in both.. And a few recipes had changed. The Blue Hawaii for example, a drink which I love. The change isn't anything major - sweet and sour mix replaced with lemon juice+simple syrup which is essentially the same thing - but a change nonetheless.

Hell in the Pacific. Yes very potent. That is the drink the replaced the Long Island Iced Tea for me as my 'get ripped as quickly as possible' drink of choice.

The one thing I miss is the icons accompanying each recipe with the guy in various states of wobbliness.

[ This Message was edited by: TeeKeeMan 2010-03-14 15:35 ]

View Profile of TeeKeeMan Send a personal message to TeeKeeMan  Email TeeKeeMan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-03-14 3:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-14 15:29, TeeKeeMan wrote:
Hell in the Pacific. Yes very potent. That is the drink the replaced the Long Island Iced Tea for me as my 'get ripped as quickly as possible' drink of choice.

Yes, that Hell in the Pacific is a great one. It has replaced a number of my drinks of choice too! Such as my morning orange juice and my post workout water.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hearn

Posted: 2010-03-15 10:33 am   Permalink

Cancelled one of my (2) Amazon Orders on Friday and ordered through Manufacturer.

It arrived in Virginia today! Looking forward to reading it tonight!

View Profile of Hearn Send a personal message to Hearn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Magnus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-16 03:48 am   Permalink

Great to find that Taboo Table is finally back in print!

View Profile of Trader Magnus Send a personal message to Trader Magnus  Goto the website of Trader Magnus ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hep
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-17 05:06 am   Permalink

Canceled my Amazon order and instead ordered through SLG. With the discount and free shipping, it was within $2 or $3 of what I would have paid at Amazon with shipping. Best of all, it's on its way.

Mahalo, Dan!

View Profile of Hep Send a personal message to Hep      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
M.T. Zombie, Esq.

Posted: 2010-03-17 06:28 am   Permalink

Cancelled Amazon order, ordered through SLG, and now my book is in!

...but USPS is making someone sign for it

Won't be getting it until I can make it to the post office on Saturday...grrrrrrr...

[ This Message was edited by: M.T. Zombie, Esq. 2010-03-17 06:29 ]

View Profile of M.T. Zombie, Esq. Send a personal message to M.T. Zombie, Esq.      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 06:36 am   Permalink

When it rains, it pours.

I got mine from SLG last week, and last night I get home and the one I drunkenly ordered at the Mai Kai a couple of weeks ago was there! I wasn't expecting that one anytime soon.

...already picked out a good home for it where it will be loved and stained and dog-eared and just generally beat to crap like most of ours will be.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 08:34 am   Permalink

Savvy business move by SLG. Withhold the book from Amazon (from which SLG receives less royalty) and only offer it on its own web site for now. The diehard tiki cocktail fans won't be able to wait and will pay full price to have it immediately. Then as orders begin to slow, put it on Amazon for the masses. Genius, really.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danslave

Posted: 2010-03-17 09:31 am   Permalink

I take strong exception to the quote below. There is no evill plot nor underhanded marketing scheme behind the availability of the book through Amazon. To suggest it is wrong and quite frankly a little insulting.

For those of you who do not know, SLG Publishing has been in thebusiness of producing comic books and graphic novels for 24 years. We have done business with Amazon since that company was founded. In no way would I jeopardize my compny's standing with Amazon to make a couple of bucks. Even with the hefty discount we give Amazon the money we make selling direct to consumer a lot more since we have to isn't really that much since we have to factor in the cost of packaging and handling dozens of single copy orders as opposed to shipping whole boxes off to Amazon (or any retailer).

Trust me, it was in my advantage to fill all of the Amazon orders, the fact that the buy buttons for our product on Amazon were disabled and orders were cancelled was beyond my control. The lateness of the shipping of the book, while regrettable, could not be helped as the issues with printing in China and the time spent designing a superior product all created issues.

So, once again, I am sorry everyone here has had such a horrible experience with this, but the book will be a resource you will use for a lifetime, the week or two lapse in getting it to you should hardly compare to the enjoyment you get from the book years down the line

Dan Vado

Quote:

On 2010-03-17 08:34, arriano wrote:
Savvy business move by SLG. Withhold the book from Amazon (from which SLG receives less royalty) and only offer it on its own web site for now. The diehard tiki cocktail fans won't be able to wait and will pay full price to have it immediately. Then as orders begin to slow, put it on Amazon for the masses. Genius, really.

View Profile of danslave Send a personal message to danslave  Email danslave Goto the website of danslave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-17 10:36 am   Permalink

Dan, I think most of us just really appreciate SLG putting this fine book out for us to purchase. I've been waiting for this one for a while, but realize there are almost always delays and most of them are caused by forces beyond the publisher's control. I'm just gonna be patient.
ALSO, thank you for putting out Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. It has been useful for many evil laughs throughout the years!

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-17 1:14 pm   Permalink

Dan,

Any chance of getting SLG to produce versions of the Bum's books for those of us who really use them? I mean wire/ring bound and printed on water-proof(read booze-proof) paper? I hate trashing my copies and I'd rather pay more for one I know won't get trashed in a year. Mahalo for listening.

Matt

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danslave

Posted: 2010-03-17 2:03 pm   Permalink

Possible. We went away from the spiral bound books because most bookstores do not want that kind of product.

Might be possible to do something on a limited basis, maybe a stripped down version of the books with only recipes in a encyclopedic style on paper that is coated and durable.

DV

Quote:

On 2010-03-17 13:14, rugbymatt wrote:
Dan,

Any chance of getting SLG to produce versions of the Bum's books for those of us who really use them? I mean wire/ring bound and printed on water-proof(read booze-proof) paper? I hate trashing my copies and I'd rather pay more for one I know won't get trashed in a year. Mahalo for listening.

Matt

View Profile of danslave Send a personal message to danslave  Email danslave Goto the website of danslave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 4:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-17 14:03, danslave wrote:
Possible. We went away from the spiral bound books because most bookstores do not want that kind of product.

Might be possible to do something on a limited basis, maybe a stripped down version of the books with only recipes in a encyclopedic style on paper that is coated and durable.

DV

Dan - you'll find a very receptive crowd for spiral-bound here - count me in for 3.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation