FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Is there a Beachbum Berry Remixed Update?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Is there a Beachbum Berry Remixed Update?
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 10:00 am   Permalink

Thanks everyone - I am really happy with how it came out.

I did take the book apart myself - I didn't want to leave it to someone else, but you probably could. One thing I can tell you for sure - your book is NOT going to fall apart on you any time soon. It is glued, stitched and welded together.

The following is probably standard for how books are put together, but I never took one apart before so this was new to me. Inside the book are actually a number of I guess you could call them "pamphlets" of about 10 pages each that are each glued and then stitched to the inside spine of the cover. You have to open the book real wide to find the stitching.

Once you cut the stitching you find within every 10 pages or so, you can remove all the "inside" pages of each pamphlet, but then the "cover" page of each pamphlet is what is glued to the spine - this was a bit of a pain, pulling out these pages without ripping them - it wasn't too difficult but you just have to go slow.

Then I used a paper cutter to cut the pages, since each piece of paper I pulled out actually had 4 pages on it. That wasn't so bad, but I think if I had to use scissors to cut them all it would have been a total mess since I am not steady of hand and patient of spirit.

Then I took the whole pile down to Staples and they put the spiral bind on for $4.

[ This Message was edited by: leisure master 2010-03-26 10:15 ]

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 10:10 am   Permalink

Wonderful. Leisure Master, I'll buy you a copy please !!!

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 11:08 am   Permalink

My copy just shipped from Amazon today, so apparently whatever was clogging up their pipes has been flushed away.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-26 2:53 pm   Permalink

Mine too!

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 5:09 pm   Permalink

I ordered it in February from Amazon. This Wednesday I got an email asking if I wanted to cancel, and when I didn't it said estimated arrival would be the second week in April. I hope this is true and isn't just another automatic Amazon estimated date push-out (I'm optimistically going with the concept that everybody who pre-ordered before I did is getting books now and I'll get mine down the line).

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 5:15 pm   Permalink

I agree on the more usefulness of the spiral bound concept. I have various heavy things on the kitchen counter that routinely get placed on both sides of Sippin' Safari when I'm mixing from it (and its various pages have the requisite amount of stains from rum, 5 or 6 kinds of juice, falernum, allspice dram, syrups, etc--still waiting for the opportunity to leave my first oke stain on it, however).

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-26 5:40 pm   Permalink

I received a notice today from Amazon saying mine shipped.

Great idea to make a spiral bound!
Mostly I copy the recipe onto a handy file card or back of business card and then it lingers around the bar area
like a cheat sheet. With notes, stains, and maybe some cartoons added along the way.

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2010-03-27 11:25 am   Permalink

The issue Jeff had with the spiral bound books is that the major retailers like Borders would not carry the book with a spiral binding. They need to sell books sideways too. A binder style cover with a spiral would work, but I gather was cost prohibitive.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2010-03-27 1:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-26 17:15, congawa wrote:
I agree on the more usefulness of the spiral bound concept. I have various heavy things on the kitchen counter that routinely get placed on both sides of Sippin' Safari when I'm mixing from it (and its various pages have the requisite amount of stains from rum, 5 or 6 kinds of juice, falernum, allspice dram, syrups, etc--still waiting for the opportunity to leave my first oke stain on it, however).

The "badge of honor" of a well-used book.

My copy is arriving Monday from amazon, so all I need to do is reset the start of the weekend to Monday...

kevin

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-27 3:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-26 17:09, congawa wrote:
I ordered it in February from Amazon. This Wednesday I got an email asking if I wanted to cancel, and when I didn't it said estimated arrival would be the second week in April. I hope this is true and isn't just another automatic Amazon estimated date push-out (I'm optimistically going with the concept that everybody who pre-ordered before I did is getting books now and I'll get mine down the line).

If it doesn't come within the next day or two, I would cancel it and order it direct from SLG. I got mine literally the next day after I ordered it from them. Plus it came with some strange free comic book that I can't recall the name of at the moment. See you kids tonight at Don's.

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 10:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-27 15:24, Jason Wickedly wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-26 17:09, congawa wrote:

If it doesn't come within the next day or two, I would cancel it and order it direct from SLG. I got mine literally the next day after I ordered it from them. Plus it came with some strange free comic book that I can't recall the name of at the moment. See you kids tonight at Don's.

Jason, thanks for coming to Don's on Saturday! Yesterday I got an email from Amazon that Remixed shipped, and I should be getting it 3/31. Yahoo! I'm going to stick to bourbon, rye or scotch if I make a drink in the next couple of days, for balance--because after that I have a feeling there is going to be a heavy dose of new rum-based cocktails being constructed in our household.

Caltiki Brent

Tonga Tom

Posted: 2010-03-29 4:25 pm   Permalink

UPS just dropped off my copy from Amazon!

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean

Posted: 2010-03-29 7:27 pm   Permalink

I received mine today from Amazon. Looks completely delish.

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brice

Posted: 2010-03-29 8:17 pm   Permalink

Amazon shipped on Sat. the 27th! My copy I ordered on the 13th from SLG hasn't arrived yet. Wonder which one will be here first.

View Profile of Brice Send a personal message to Brice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2010-03-29 8:29 pm   Permalink

When is Monday like a Friday? When UPS delivers this.

Thank you to Jeff Berry...the book looks simply incredible.

kevin

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation