FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Is there a Beachbum Berry Remixed Update?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Is there a Beachbum Berry Remixed Update?
Brice
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-30 2:34 pm   Permalink

It looks glorious!!!!!! I bet it looks better with bitters and rum spilled on it. I am very excited to see what pleasures Beachbum as made and or discovered. Do we start a new thread on which one is our favorite out of the book? I am still in waiting but stocked up and mixes made to experiment!

View Profile of Brice Send a personal message to Brice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Tiki

Posted: 2010-03-30 2:54 pm   Permalink

Nestled between my two favorite mugs is my newest treasure. Remixed by Beachbum Berry a gallery of tiki drinks. It came today and real excited about it.

I'm asking for your favorite recipes from it.

[ This Message was edited by: Savage Tiki 2010-03-31 05:23 ]

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-03-30 3:16 pm   Permalink

Savage Tiki, based on that photo, it looks like you've already indulged in a few of the recipes.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hearn

Posted: 2010-03-30 3:47 pm   Permalink

I've been experimenting with the book for around a week now. It took a little while to track down CHERRY HEERING and BENEDICTINE here in DC (The Liquor Store on M and 31st in G-Town has everything!)

The Singapore Slings and Suffering Bastards have been-a-flowin'

View Profile of Hearn Send a personal message to Hearn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bewarethe151
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-30 7:26 pm   Permalink

Got my copy spiral bound at Kinkos. It came out exactly like Leisure Master's. It took one day and $11.39. They took mine apart. All I had to do was drop off the book.

View Profile of bewarethe151 Send a personal message to bewarethe151      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Tiki

Posted: 2010-03-31 04:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-30 19:26, bewarethe151 wrote:
Got my copy spiral bound at Kinkos. It came out exactly like Leisure Master's. It took one day and $11.39. They took mine apart. All I had to do was drop off the book.

B-ware151,
Did you give them any specific specifications?
Can you post a pic of your newly bound copy?
If you had it to do again would you do it the same way or tweek it a certain way?

Inebriated minds want to know,

Personal Goal:
I'm working toards the need for a liver transplant.

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 10:49 am   Permalink

Yee-haw! I received my copy from Amazon yesterday, and have already made two drinks from it! Beautiful work, and I love all the "update" codings. It's amazing how affordable this book is considering all the work the Bum put into the original versions and this update (as much as he claims to avoid work). Now comes the expensive part--deciding which $20-30 bottles of specialty liquors and liqueurs for recipes that call for only a few drops (and don't come in 50ML bottles) to slowly invest in.

Caltiki Brent

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 11:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-31 04:58, Savage Tiki wrote:
Quote:

B-ware151,
If you had it to do again would you do it the same way or tweek it a certain way?

Yes, I am curious to know also, my local shop says they can do it quick and cheap but would need to take off about inch cutting the binding.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bewarethe151
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-31 1:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-31 11:12, rev_thumper wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-31 04:58, Savage Tiki wrote:
Quote:

B-ware151,

Yes, I am curious to know also, my local shop says they can do it quick and cheap but would need to take off about inch cutting the binding.

I asked them to cut the binding as close as possible. That's all. I compared mine to an un-altered copy and it lost 3/16" of the total width. So, looking more carefully at Leisure Master's picture, I see that the spirals of mine edge pretty close to the text (within 1/16", but never touch or intrude) while his has a little more clearance. Otherwise, it looks exactly like his picture.

I would not change a thing. It looks as though it came this way from the publisher. They do offer the option of puttng some sort of protective covers on the front and back. I declined since it is a kitchen/bar copy that should show its battle scars, IMO.

[ This Message was edited by: bewarethe151 2010-03-31 13:06 ]

View Profile of bewarethe151 Send a personal message to bewarethe151      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VeroTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-31 4:08 pm   Permalink

Got mine today too!! What a great book--the new drink recipes look awesome. I've already ordered the St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram and in reading this thread, found out that Taboo Table is finally back, so I ordered that too. Thanks to all for spreading the word on Table, I've been waiting for months to get it! Now to the drink making.

View Profile of VeroTiki Send a personal message to VeroTiki  Email VeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shaun of theTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 7:52 pm   Permalink

I just got my copy today and I'm a little overwhelmed by the invaluable information and vintage tiki imagery. There's even the recipe for the notorious Mai Tai 3000 (it's time to make some damn rum jello!). If only Dr. Funks still sold for $1.25 at bars.

View Profile of Shaun of theTiki Send a personal message to Shaun of theTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-01 12:55 am   Permalink

I haven't received mine yet. What's a Mai Tai 3000? Stop it! You're freaking me out!!!

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-01 2:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-01 00:55, swizzle wrote:
I haven't received mine yet. What's a Mai Tai 3000? Stop it! You're freaking me out!!!

http://spiritsandcocktails.wordpress.com/2008/07/13/mai-tai-3000/

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-01 6:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks arriano, but that just freaked me out even more.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-01 9:42 pm   Permalink

Hey, has anyone else noticed missing recipes in Remixed? I just got my copy today and noticed three recipes in a row from Intoxica are not there: Coconut Willie, Del Coronado and Demerara Dry Float.

I'd planned to give my Grog Log and Intoxica to a friend, but now I realize I'm going to have to go through them with a fine toothed comb to see if any other recipes have been left out.

It'd be interesting to know if this was an error or if the Bum meant to do this.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation