FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Kanaloa Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
The Kanaloa Lounge
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-14 12:29 pm   Permalink

Geeeeeeesus!!! Now that is some insane work. The floor, the whole bar area...just breath-taking. Love your attention to detail with the hinged bamboo socket...LOL. The lighting is wicked. I look forward to seeing more of this...it is very inspiring.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
faztiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-14 6:34 pm   Permalink

amazing, you have a great eye for detail, especially hiding that outlet behind the bamboo. it can take a lot of time and planning to get details like that just right. Most visitors would never even know what they're seeing (or not seeing), but those details elevate the quality of the whole room.
love the rock shelf and the lighting, too.
great work! i mean, great play!!

View Profile of faztiki Send a personal message to faztiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-14 6:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-13 23:10, Brandomoai wrote:
Everything looks great! I think the important question is... when do we get to see it in person??

Soon! Essentially, it's ready now for entertaining...but I still have 6 major things to do:

1) Finish the ceiling (along with adding all the lamps, floats, nets and shells).
2) Finish the shipwreck wood on the walls
3) Get the aquarium up and started
4) Finish the A-frame at the entrance
5) Make/change the support post into a palm tree
6) Add speakers

Let's face it, I'll never be DONE, but I'm not comfortable calling it even "ready for serious entertaining" until those 6 things are completed.

Thanks for all the kind feedback folks!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-15 07:14 am   Permalink

Lookin' really good! You've taken some real risks with your ideas, but you've brought them through successfully! Congrats!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-15 7:00 pm   Permalink

Anything I can do to help? I'm made of time these days. I'd feel better about drinking your hooch if I had some sweat equity.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
always on the beach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-03 04:59 am   Permalink

Totally amazing!!

View Profile of always on the beach Send a personal message to always on the beach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-20 7:56 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for the compliments folks!

Here's a few more progress shots:

Port Hole mirror on the door:

Horrible flash photo (so you can see the detail) of the "nautical wall" aquarium area:

Ahh...that's better:

No fish yet (hell, there's no water either)...but there's some (slow) progress being made.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ashman_atl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-21 08:26 am   Permalink

Lookin' sweet Slacks! The details are coming along quite nicely!

View Profile of ashman_atl Send a personal message to ashman_atl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thetmaxx
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-21 4:54 pm   Permalink

Amazing!!! Very inspirational!!!

View Profile of thetmaxx Send a personal message to thetmaxx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-25 05:49 am   Permalink

Coming along very nicely

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mada1
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-28 3:31 pm   Permalink

Very nice.
Now you need one of our custom Tiki Bar signs.
Check us out at Tiki Market place "Tiki Bar Signs" or through our web site
www.madasigns.com

View Profile of mada1 Send a personal message to mada1  Email mada1 Goto the website of mada1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-29 2:06 pm   Permalink

To suggest that someone who has built his own bar from scratch like this (with details like hand-painted Tapa and self-made tile) would need someone else's Tiki Bar sign -which would obviously be redundant!- goes beyond thoughtless spamming and borders on an insult!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-29 2:37 pm   Permalink

Very very nice work. Enjoying watching the progress on this one. I really like the aquarium, even without fish and water. That looks like a shot from Smuggler's Cove!

EDIT... By the way, good move on installing a sink and fridge. I had to have plumbing installed for my bar sink (kaaa-ching!!), but I don't regret it a bit. It goes from a simple mixing bar to a full functioning, working bar where you can do just about anything.

[ This Message was edited by: GatorRob 2010-07-29 14:54 ]

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bau
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-01 7:28 pm   Permalink

that some realy wonderful artwork! that mural is outstanding, I like the way it blends with the rock wall , so cool.

View Profile of Bau Send a personal message to Bau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs.TikiMan

Posted: 2010-08-01 8:55 pm   Permalink

Holy Mother of TIKI GODS!!!! The ONLY thing i woulda done different is instead of a stainless bar sink I woulda gone with a brown porcelain with brass faucet/handles....but damn the volcanic lit up wall/shelves....my mouth is agape...i cant speak this is just too amazing....and me a self taught interiour designer and soon to be student...wow...you get #1 in my book of Tiki Bars...hands down!

View Profile of Mrs.TikiMan Send a personal message to Mrs.TikiMan  Email Mrs.TikiMan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation