FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Kanaloa Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
The Kanaloa Lounge
kahalakruzer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-04 08:41 am   Permalink

Once again, I've been completely re-blown away by your bar. The overall feel of the place has one of the most put-together, cohesive vibes of any home bar I've seen on TC, and that says A LOT! I'd pinpoint something nice to say, but it all just looks so damn good...
With the entertaining, why don't you just choose one drink,make a mix prior to the party with all of the juices and sweeteners, and then add the alcohol per drink. I've done that any time I know that I'll be serving loads of people, and it always works out well. If they don't want the particular drink you're serving, tell them the ice chest is in the garage!

View Profile of kahalakruzer Send a personal message to kahalakruzer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creature from the Slack Lagoon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-04 09:45 am   Permalink

Your bar is astounding. It looks truly like a labor of love. My hat is off to you, sir!

View Profile of Creature from the Slack Lagoon Send a personal message to Creature from the Slack Lagoon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-04 10:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-12-04 08:41, kahalakruzer wrote:
Once again, I've been completely re-blown away by your bar. The overall feel of the place has one of the most put-together, cohesive vibes of any home bar I've seen on TC, and that says A LOT! I'd pinpoint something nice to say, but it all just looks so damn good...
With the entertaining, why don't you just choose one drink,make a mix prior to the party with all of the juices and sweeteners, and then add the alcohol per drink. I've done that any time I know that I'll be serving loads of people, and it always works out well. If they don't want the particular drink you're serving, tell them the ice chest is in the garage!

Thanks again Kahalakruzer...that IS saying a lot. You're invited to come by for a (one mixed tropical) drink anytime...just kidding. I might mix ya 2 or 3. BTW: That's a good idea about preparing some mix beforehand...and I've thought of doing that before, but I just didn't get around to it that night since I wasn't sure if I'd have more than 2 folks showing up...

Anyway, I want to thank the others too for your nice compliments. Brandomoai, just let me know when you 'Chuck boys plan to come down, we'll try to make it work.

Here's some other images that my friend gave to me from the other night (her camera trumps mine):

Shanks fer Lookin'!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-11 11:48 pm   Permalink

I had the great pleasure of seeing the Kanaloa Lounge for the first time this week. What a fabulous basement hideaway Slacks has crafted for himself. I took a few dozen photos - here are my favorites:

Slacks behind the bar.

Lava bar shelves.

Signature mug - the Kanaloa Cannibal (also the name of the bar's signature cocktail). This is an early glaze experiment.

Aquarium.

Thanks for letting me stop by so late on a weeknight, Slacks. Next time I come over I'll take some shots with the tripod and do manual exposures (and we'll remember to close the back door).

blog

[ This Message was edited by: Sweet Daddy Tiki 2011-03-11 23:52 ]

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-12 05:43 am   Permalink

It's people like you that keep me from posting pics of my bar! That is amazing!!!!!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-12 07:58 am   Permalink

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Thanks for more pictures.

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lucky Jackson
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-12 08:36 am   Permalink

Amazing, incredible, breathtaking!!! I am completely in love with your bar!

View Profile of Lucky Jackson Send a personal message to Lucky Jackson  Goto the website of Lucky Jackson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-12 09:09 am   Permalink

Now everyone knows my dirty little secret: I wear those fugly (but comfy) plastic shoes around the house.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trailerpark Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-12 11:25 am   Permalink

That is so awesome. Inspires me to get to work on my bar. Your bar is one of the ones on this site that really got me started on my bar. I've got a long way to go though...

View Profile of Trailerpark Tiki Send a personal message to Trailerpark Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-12 6:25 pm   Permalink

Nice! I love basement bars and yours is most excellent! I dig that abelum mask/lamp in your last pic post. Did you make it? Congratulations on your bar as a work of art. I have never been to Canada, but this would be on my wishlist of places to visit. Aloha

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-12 8:09 pm   Permalink

Came out so nice, really like that moon, now I need a mural more than ever.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-13 4:32 pm   Permalink

Wonderful! Terrific attention to details. I've been following your build out and it has turned out a gem. Looks to me like you have all the essential elements for a great Tiki bar. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come as I have mine. Aloha!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-14 05:48 am   Permalink

Amazing bar. Love all the great detail. Thanks for sharing.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-14 10:02 am   Permalink

A true inspiration!

Darilyn

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-14 8:50 pm   Permalink

Very, very, very impressive. Very. There's tons to look at in the pics. I can only imagine what it's like in person.

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation