FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery Eric October's insane tiki art. Update 04.14.13 Page 6. Ceramics, black paper drawings & nuttiness!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Eric October's insane tiki art. Update 04.14.13 Page 6. Ceramics, black paper drawings & nuttiness!
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-19 3:26 pm   Permalink

Your awesome Eric...the diversity, and craziness in your portfolio blows me away.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-19 10:11 pm   Permalink

Amazing work. So versatile. You do it all.
I really like the fact that you can work in 2D and 3D.

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-21 07:44 am   Permalink

i bet tobunga can work in 4 and 5-D as well!
He's that talented!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-21 08:10 am   Permalink

Well, we know he can work in 36-C,

so 4-D and 5-D should be no problem for him.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-03 10:13 pm   Permalink

HA HA! 36-C!
Thanks fer the kind words!

Since the 4th dimension is time, I'm already working in that!

Boy, am I ever!

Any speculations about what the 5th dimension could be? I mean one that does not reference Marylin McCoo?

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-03 10:20 pm   Permalink

love all the Lush Goes Latin stuff...and the Tiki Bob keychains (did you doubt I wouldn't?) and the bday cards are great!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-04 07:45 am   Permalink

great to see you and manuel on Sunday!
i hope you cheered up all those goths at Disneyland that evening!
fifth dimension?
Here you go!
Can't wait to see you play art in the fifth dimension!
Quote:

from Wikipedia
Abstract five-dimensional space occurs frequently in mathematics, and is a legitimate construct. Whether or not the real universe in which we live is somehow five-dimensional is a topic that is debated and explored in several branches of physics, including astrophysics and particle physics.

In physics, the fifth dimension is a hypothetical extra dimension beyond the usual three spatial dimensions and one time dimension of Relativity. The Kaluza-Klein theory used the fifth dimension to unify gravity with the electromagnetic force; e.g. Minkowski space and Maxwell's equations in vacuum can be embedded in a 5-dimensional Riemann curvature tensor . Kaluza-Klein theory now is seen as essentially a gauge theory with gauge group the circle group. M-theory suggests that space-time has eleven dimensions, seven of which are "rolled up" to below the subatomic level. Physicists have speculated that the graviton, a particle thought to carry the force of gravity, may "leak" into the fifth or higher dimensions which would explain how gravity is significantly weaker than the other three fundamental forces.

In 1993 the physicist Gerard 't Hooft put forward the holographic principle, which explains that the information about an extra dimension is visible as a curvature in a spacetime with one fewer dimensions. For example, holograms are three-dimensional pictures placed on a two-dimensional surface, which gives the image a curvature when the observer moves. Similarly, in general relativity, the fourth dimension is manifested in observable three dimensions as the curvature of path of a moving infinitesimal (test) particle. Hooft has speculated that the fifth dimension is really the spacetime fabric.

There ya go!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tropical_Icebergs
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-01 2:22 pm   Permalink

W O W....this has got to be my favorite.....

View Profile of Tropical_Icebergs Send a personal message to Tropical_Icebergs  Email Tropical_Icebergs     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 7:13 pm   Permalink

Hey Kids!

New work FINALLY posted on 09.03.10... top of first page, first post!

Mahalo fer lookin'!
Yer Pal,
EricOctober

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 7:43 pm   Permalink

The new stuff looks great,Eric!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-03 10:17 pm   Permalink

Eric I love the black paper work, you have really nailed that style.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-10 6:35 pm   Permalink

New work posted, top of page 1! I've finally BECOME my obsession!

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-10 6:40 pm   Permalink

I think I gave you that shirt you are wearing as The Islander am I right? Your costumes get better every year and next Oasis Manuel MUST wear the Bali Hai TO the Bali Hai

Awesome additions to your thread!

So glad to own the Tiki Bob black paper drawing -its my favorite piece of art on my walls actually.

Excellent stuff my friend!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-10 6:55 pm   Permalink

Love the new works, Eric - but the evening Islander really spins me! Frickin' awesome! Thanks for posting. G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-10 7:24 pm   Permalink

Holy crap, Eric! Do you sleep?
I'm not gonna be a brown-nose & tell you I love all of your stuff, just 99.9% of it!
I hope to get a chance to meet you guys when I come out to SoCal in January.
Mahalo,
Rick

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation