[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Gilligan's Island Headed To The big screen
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Gilligan's Island Headed To The big screen
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-03 11:45 am   Permalink

'Gilligan's Island' Headed To The Big Screen

Michael Cera (Juno, Superbad) is a candidate to play Gilligan.

Movie studio prop department will probably be making lots of trips to Oceanic Arts in Whittier.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hinano_Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-03 11:52 am   Permalink

YES!

View Profile of Hinano_Paul Send a personal message to Hinano_Paul  Email Hinano_Paul Goto the website of Hinano_Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-03 12:22 pm   Permalink

My boys got us the first two seasons of GI for Valentine's Day (okay I bought it and said it was from them) and we've been watching it over the last couple weeks. It's cool to see that most the humor transcends time and age (the boys are 8 and 11) and the first season is even in B&W. Most evenings, the boys have been asking if we can watch an episode or two.

I just hope that the "modern take" doesn't end up like so many other iconic series have been remade over the years. Otherwise, I think I'd prefer they stay on the island and leave 'em be.

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-03 12:45 pm   Permalink

Surviving Original Cast Members:
Russell Johnson (The Professor)
Tina Louise (Ginger Grant)
Dawn Wells (Mary Ann)

Hope they get a cameo spot in the movie.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-03 1:01 pm   Permalink

I hope Cherry Capri will be on it too.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mashuka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-03 5:11 pm   Permalink

BLOODY WEEEAAAKK!!!

View Profile of Mashuka Send a personal message to Mashuka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-03 6:37 pm   Permalink

Lets start guessing who would make the best characters from todays actors!

I'll start with Lindsey Lohan as Ginger!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-04 02:51 am   Permalink

Jungle Love!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-04 06:53 am   Permalink

Rip Torn as the Skipper!

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Staredge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-04 07:13 am   Permalink

I wonder if they'll close it out.....have them rescued at the end. Might make an interesting movie. Have it take up where the series left off, rather than trying to tell the entire story again.

View Profile of Staredge Send a personal message to Staredge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-04 08:22 am   Permalink

They had a TV movie in the 90's (?) where they DID get rescued.

I vote for John Goodman for the skipper...if Michael Cera is Gilligan tho' Goodman may be too old for the part.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-04 08:42 am   Permalink

I don't know why everyone is getting so excited about this, you know it's going to SUCK !!

Also shouldn't this post be in Bilge ? To bring up a cheesy TV show in a forum that should be reserved for a serious discussion of classic Tiki-style is very inappropriate !! ( )

If they're going to go ahead with this, I suggest they take a 360-degree approach and play it as a serious drama.

Also how about casting a total unknown to bring a stamp of Poly-Pop authenticity to the whole production? I think the Bigbro would make a great professor. Can you imagine him in the scene where the castaways take refuge in the Tiki cave? He won't even have to act !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-04 10:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-04 08:42, JOHN-O wrote:
I don't know why everyone is getting so excited about this, you know it's going to SUCK !!

Also shouldn't this post be in Bilge ? To bring up a cheesy TV show in a forum that should be reserved for a serious discussion of classic Tiki-style is very inappropriate !! ( )

If they're going to go ahead with this, I suggest they take a 360-degree approach and play it as a serious drama.

Also how about casting a total unknown to bring a stamp of Poly-Pop authenticity to the whole production? I think the Bigbro would make a great professor. Can you imagine him in the scene where the castaways take refuge in the Tiki cave? He won't even have to act !!

I think you mean a 180 degree approach.

Well, the tv show was so ridiculous , why should the movie NOT be ? To make it serious would be the worst tragedy of all. Get Jud Apatow to write and produce it, and and give it that wise-ass twist and it would probably be great.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-04 10:54 am   Permalink

I'da know... a serious version might be quite funny.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-04 11:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

Well, the tv show was so ridiculous , why should the movie NOT be ? To make it serious would be the worst tragedy of all. Get Jud Apatow to write and produce it, and and give it that wise-ass twist and it would probably be great.

With Judd Apatow producing, would that mean Seth Rogen as the Skipper, Steve Carell as the Professor, and Jonah Hill as Gilligan? Oh and of course Leslie Mann and Elizabeth Banks as Maryann and Ginger...not sure which one would be which.

(edited because I forgot to suggest Paul Rudd as Mr. Howell...can't have an Apatow flick without Paul Rudd.)

[ This Message was edited by: Jason Wickedly 2010-03-04 11:06 ]

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation