FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The home bar sound system
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
The home bar sound system
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 10:49 am   Permalink

I also have my computer directly connected to my amplifier and speaker system. As I have a 2500 sq ft room it is necessary to have good sound. I have 4 large speakers in each corner of the room. I have created playlists on my computer and play music according to the event/guests in my art studio/lounge.

I have over 4,000 tracks loaded onto my computer and still get tired of the 'sameold stuff' Ha! My solution to that is Live365.com - love it! Live streaming music by type of music. I of course frequently have "Javas Bachelor Pad" playing but also enjoy "The Green Lounge" and "Vegas Vics Tiki Lounge" or "Vegas Vics Rat Pack" another great station I found there is "Sunset Boulevard Mellow"

I have been a member of Live365 for over 10 years and love the uninterrupted, ad free streaming music. I know , I sound like an ad, but I really do enjoy the setup.

The computer to amp system allows me to really "crank up" the music, when I have a large group and in the late night hours, when they're in that dancing mood!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 2:12 pm   Permalink

I have a Seeburg SS 160 jukebox in my home tiki bar. I recently came across this web site:

http://www.johnjeanantiqueradio.com/juke.htm

If you scroll down to the SS160, you'll see the owner of this one installed an AM transmitter on his jukebox. Since I have the same model, I'm inspired to do the same. That way the music on the jukebox is playing on the stereo throughout the house. One of my summer projects, hopefully.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-06 5:00 pm   Permalink

anybody have some ideas for a outside hut? The ipod dock sound just dosn't cut it outside well. I did find a old drive-in speaker that I think I'll gut and re-do for that theme park look, but it's the system that has me stumped. Outside stuff is damm exspensive

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-06 5:50 pm   Permalink

I bought a pair of these on ebay for $70.00 and they look and sound great. (Indoor/Outdoor)

http://tikitoonz.com/

Here are a couple auctions (not mine):

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Pair-160W-Indoor-Outdoor-Tiki-Bar-Party-Speakers-NR-/120578452154?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c13092aba
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-320W-Pair-Weather-Resistant-Outdoor-Home-Speakers-/120577541975?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item1c12fb4757

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Pupu Pants 2010-06-06 17:55 ]

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-07 09:40 am   Permalink

But you get what you pay for. I shelled out some pretty good money when I bought all-weather speakers for my tiki deck, but after 3 Florida summers and a half-dozen hurricanes, they still are going strong and sound great.

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-07 12:04 pm   Permalink

True dat, Bop
The ones I bought are still going strong but I would recommend that, unless your speakers are under cover, it's best to bring them indoors during the winter months anyway.
What kind did you get Bop? They sound indestructable

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Pupu Pants 2010-06-07 12:06 ]

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lodge 9
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-07 4:17 pm   Permalink

I replaced some old patio speakers around 5 years ago with some bose all weather speakers, and they sound great. Worth the extra cash and will play loud or low...

View Profile of Lodge 9 Send a personal message to Lodge 9  Email Lodge 9     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-07 8:25 pm   Permalink

Took a couple of big ol' speakers I've had since 7th grade (graduated HS in 1986) and built little huts over the tops of them. I wrapped the speakers in that black weed prevent material. I got a big spool of cheap wire and just ran it. The wire should be in pipe or heavy duty but it lasted 5 years before I accidentally broke one wire and had to replace a section of it. These are speakers for a loop of jungle noises. The bar stereo system is newer and nicer but still not as fancy as most stuff I've seen mentioned here. I will probably tear it out eventually and get something smaller one day.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-07 8:50 pm   Permalink

Here's my sound system...reproduction, but reminds me of a HiFi my Dad gave me when I was a kid. It is a Crosley and they have good sound. Lift the lid for turn-table and CD does have repeat option, which is very handy when you are a little sloshed and forget to change the CD.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-08 09:41 am   Permalink

PuPu Pants: I've got a pair of Onkyo speakers. They were recommended to me by someone else who has an outdoor system for his pool. Looks like they've gotten out of the outdoor speaker business, though.

Make sure that you run the highest quality speaker wire out there (thick gauge and good insulation) and some waterproofing around where the wires attach to the speakers. I shrink-wrapped the wire/terminal connection and covered the whole area with duct tape (they are wall-mounted, so it doesn't show). Ask somebody with salt-water boat experience -- the harshest environment imaginable for electronics.

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-09 2:48 pm   Permalink

At the moment this is my sound system - soon to be added to with a Valve Ipod dock...

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-09 4:03 pm   Permalink

I got this behemoth from 1964 living in the basement lounge. Not conducive to the escapist vibe at all. I thought at one time of having transparencies made for it to make it fit in but now I think it's time for it to go. Almost looks like a control station in the engine room of the U.S.S. Enterprise.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rudy

Posted: 2010-06-09 6:51 pm   Permalink

Hi guys, first post, although I read the forum often. Here is my stereo set up:

View Profile of Rudy Send a personal message to Rudy  Email Rudy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-09 8:11 pm   Permalink

Great first post Rudy...welcome to TC!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-10 2:51 pm   Permalink

Nice velvet Elvis. I'm a believer in at least one Elvis item should exist in every home tiki bar. Nice sound system too.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation