FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Beachcomber (May Fair Hotel), London, England (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Beachcomber (May Fair Hotel), London, England (restaurant)
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-10 9:02 pm   Permalink

Ah, The Beachcomber and criminals, it's my cherished hope to find a picture of the Kray Twins in the Beachcomber as they claimed Mayfair as part of their criminal empire in the sixties.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dylanesq

Posted: 2012-03-01 5:29 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: dylanesq 2014-04-10 18:19 ]

View Profile of dylanesq Send a personal message to dylanesq      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dylanesq

Posted: 2012-03-01 5:33 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: dylanesq 2014-04-10 18:20 ]

View Profile of dylanesq Send a personal message to dylanesq      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom

Posted: 2012-07-06 11:29 pm   Permalink

Just picked up this dish off of e-Bay:

I think I see this particular dish being served to a table in one of the earlier posted video links, but hard to tell what's in it. Maybe wontons or eggrolls?

More on these here on a previous thread:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=41251&forum=5&hilite=restaurant%20ware

Here is the info I found on the maker:

Tuscan China
Production years: 1898 - 1970
The Tuscan China Plant was a manufacturing plant in Staffordshire County in west-central England. Because of its "Tuscan" name, it is sometimes mistakenly thought to be china made in the Tuscany section of northern Italy. After extensive research, Tuscan Works developed products for hotels called Metallised Hotel China; it was strong enough to resist plate fracturing and better than anything then available. When Wedgwood acquired R.H. & S.L. Plant Ltd. in 1970, it changed the name from Tuscan China to Royal Tuscan Fine Bone China. It was Tuscan Works' line of Metallised Hotel China that had especially attracted Wedgwood. The Tuscan Works plant closed in 2006.

[ This Message was edited by: Trader Tom 2012-07-07 02:20 ]

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-09 04:39 am   Permalink

That is a really nice find. Congratulations.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-07-01 06:10 am   Permalink

This week I had the luck of the devil...

"Unusual vintage cruet set - 3.99"

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-01 06:53 am   Permalink

you lucky devil

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-01 06:53 am   Permalink

you lucky devil

54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-07-02 05:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-12-10 21:02, atomictonytiki wrote:
Ah, The Beachcomber and criminals, it's my cherished hope to find a picture of the Kray Twins in the Beachcomber as they claimed Mayfair as part of their criminal empire in the sixties.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/patsy-kensit-life-run-gangster-2348637

Patsy Kensit's dad, Jimmy The Dip Kensit and mum Margie (left) with friends.

I remembered this still from the TV show "Who do you think you are?" Finally tracked it down on the Internet. It's possible there's a picture, given the Kensit connection to them...

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 23 days ago; 07:01 am   Permalink

I finally picked up a matchbook from the Beachcomber restaurant at the Mayfair Hotel.

The logo Tikis

Advertising music and dancing to the Paradise Islanders.

The inside features these printed matchsticks proclaiming it to be Europe's only authentic Polynesian Restaurant.

Also advertises the Castaways corner and the Aloha Bar.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation