FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Tiki Tribe - back in Paris for 2 months - Page 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Tribe - back in Paris for 2 months - Page 3
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-09 08:41 am   Permalink

It's a good thing Bai was there to add some class (and good looks).

Let's see some of that fabulous art you guys have on display.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-09 09:16 am   Permalink

They look just as scruffy and stoned as Californians. So much for the myth of the French sophisticate.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-09 10:08 pm   Permalink

Here are some images, mine and those of a friend:

Front of the coolest record store in Paris, transformed for the occasion in a Luau place:

Inside,after two good afternoon of work to decorate and install a small hundreds of original works:

Some stuff:

Some people:

A very qualified cool guy for the music:

and for the drink service... Thank you one more time Jimmy!

An other cool guy on this pics (who hand stuck in the machine to crush ice) Ivan the boss of the Born Bad Shop. A big thank to him for his trust! and sorry for your fingers.

Here's what you can do with some clay, few hunk of wood and after 322 mails (I counted!), many hours on the phone and especially seven people who had never met(or almost)nine months before.

THE TIKI TRIBE PARIS CHEERS TO YOU!

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-10 02:08 am   Permalink

Sorry, I was already heading home on the streets with the Cheekytikis while this last photo has been shot... (although, I would have added a lot of french class and sophistication

Anyway, we had a fantastic time at the opening of the exhibition, lots of great friends, fantastic tikis, great cocktails by the Alsacians... I had the pleasure to DJed and make the cocktails at the same time (thanks god I prepared a music mix on my computer !!!).

Here are some pictures by me and madame virani :

And lastly, my favorite Bai's piece, of course, as a snail slurper :

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-05-10 03:09 am   Permalink

Yay! Looks like a fun time and some awesome Tiki art.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-10 04:03 am   Permalink

Just got back from a great weekend in Paris, with a great tiki event, Tiki Tribe, which is what we had planned to go for, and it turned out to be a good night. Met up with Bai, which was great seeing her and seeing her fantastic art, one very clever lady! And the other artists who are very talented too, some great stuff to buy there, and I think quite alot was sold on the night. Met up with Jamie and Anjy from Cheekytiki too, good to see them there. Thanks go to Virani for ordering our drinks in French, as we we're all useless at speaking the lingo!! And had a good time at the pub/club afterwards with some great music but unfortuantely the eyes would not stay open any longer, a very long day!
Thanks to everyone for a great night and lovely to meet some great people. Did take some photos, but almost the same as others already posted!

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-10 09:23 am   Permalink

The "tiki-style" awarded dude/mixologist enlighted by a spacial vessel from the outer space :

A few works:

A few dudes:

Lots of fun meeting all those nice tikiphiles.

Mahalo,

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-23 2:38 pm   Permalink

Where's the pics of the Elsass Crew Tiki carver?

Wake Up Akuae!!!

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-03 05:51 am   Permalink

Well, other people's photos will come later , when he will be back from vacation, or they have finished the work in their home ...

Meanwhile the exhibition at BornBad / Exotica Paris continues all the month of June for our great pleasure!

Alongside, this exhibition will also be presented in Metz (eastern France) in the
Garageland store :

At Metz or Paris, come on meet the french tiki carvers!

laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-16 8:10 pm   Permalink

Random pics of the first Tiki event at Garageland ,Metz, France.

Eve, boss of the shop, happy with his new Tikimug by Baļ.

More pics on facebook

Thank's for looking!

Tiki Baļ
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-28 12:38 am   Permalink

Aloha,
here is the tikitribe stand I made for the born bad festival. I don't know how i've done to make all fit in this little stand

View Profile of Tiki Baļ Send a personal message to Tiki Baļ  Goto the website of Tiki Baļ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-28 04:40 am   Permalink

looks like i will be in Paris for work this weekend (fri 2nd July - Sun 4th), will there still be anything on show at Born Bad?

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-28 08:00 am   Permalink

Excellent!
We now officially have a Strong french Tiki Scene!
Excellent pictures,art,tikis,and items!
Congrats Parisians!

i wanna party with this crew...

www.KENRUZIC.COM is Open to the Public!
(Which i update every so often)
I'm on FaceBook too-Go cheggitout!)

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-06-28 09:51 am   Permalink

Yay!!! Tiki art is MORE than well-represented in France. Aweome stuff. GROG like.

Tiki Baļ
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-30 09:50 am   Permalink

thanks my buddies sorry harro... the exposition is over now... at born bad.now we are travelling all around france... by the way I have to find a canoe now... and try to come in the US

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Baļ 2010-06-30 09:51 ]

View Profile of Tiki Baļ Send a personal message to Tiki Baļ  Goto the website of Tiki Baļ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation