FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Tiki Events ╗ ╗ California Events ╗ ╗ Lush Goes Latin -Marty Lush LIVE May 1st
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Lush Goes Latin -Marty Lush LIVE May 1st
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-03 11:01 am   Permalink

Here is a pretty heavy dose of the fantastic evening we all had at Tonga Hut with Marty Lush & His Latin Livers. This, coupled with the Garage Sale at Ben's made for quite the weekend...

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Danno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-03 11:32 am   Permalink

ENCORE!! ENCORE!! Awesome show!! Want more!!

View Profile of Danno Send a personal message to Danno      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-03 11:35 am   Permalink

Great Snaps Tonga Tom!
You are the WeeGee of Tiki!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-03 12:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-02 10:25, JOHN-O wrote:
This was an AMAZING evening !!

To cap off the perfection of the evening was Hiphipalhula's amazing Tequila-based cocktails. They were all really really good. I'm not really a tequila person but if she puts those drinks into the regular rotation, I may be switching to a new alcohol.

Thanks for the kudos John. I just wanted to make a correction to the above. Not all drinks were Tequila, I worked very hard to produce a small menu for this event that included many Latin flavor Rums and liqueurs. The drink bases in general were Brazilian Cachaša, premium Tequila's, Premium Mexican Rum.
John was disappointed when he asked me for one of my cocktails off my regular menu, sorry about that John. In spirit of the evening I only used my "South of the Border" Menu. I'm not sure why his was a surprise we have been posting that a Latin themed menu was coming for weeks. Of course upon request we were happy to mix up a T.V. Mai Tai and a DTB '34 Zombie And a Dark and Stormy only three drinks out of the couple hundred cocktails sold. I'm very proud of the menu and it's quality and originality I believe most patrons agreed. Look for my "South of the Border" section coming to my menu soon! Thank You all for coming out and enjoying this evening with us.

P. S. " No, I did not use any Grenadine" before you think about slapping me down

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-05-03 12:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-05-03 19:23 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bewitched By Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-03 12:51 pm   Permalink

Yes, please, yes do another show for those of us who were unable to attend. I also heard all the rave reviews around the garage sale about how fantastic the show was. I would love to see you go Latin you crazy man! Lush goes Latin! Lush goes Latin!

View Profile of Bewitched By Tiki Send a personal message to Bewitched By Tiki  Email Bewitched By Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-03 12:59 pm   Permalink

Aloha!
On behalf of the Tonga Hut and myself I want to thank all of you great fans of Marty Lush, the Tonga Hut and Great Cocktails for joining us for the One night only, "Lush Goes Latin" Another "First" here at the "TH"
I personally would like to thank Jeremy Fleener for giving me the opportunity I am so grateful to you Sir for this, Marty Lush, Thank You! Manuel without you I would not have finished my prep work thanks for helping me. Eric. Your menu art. table tents and center pieces were so awesome! Grog for the great posters, post bumps and support. Tonga Tom & Sherriyaki, for the luscious mint, fern & Bougainvillea not to mention all the support you give on a regular basis. Thank you all! Great Photos!
Marty do it again! It's too good not to!

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-05-03 13:34 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64

Posted: 2010-05-03 4:15 pm   Permalink

Just thought I'd parrot all the previous comments and say it was another great night at the TH. How can you miss with Kelly's mixin' magic coupled with Muy Caliente Marty & The Livers? We had a blast so thanks to all for a wonderful time!

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-03 5:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-03 12:21, Hiphipahula wrote:

Not all drinks were Tequila, I worked very hard to produce a small menu for this event that included many Latin flavor Rums and liqueurs. The drink bases in general were Brazilian Cacasa, premium Tequila's, Premium Mexican Rum.

Cacasa ?? I don't even know what that is. I just assumed it was Tequila. If Kelly puts a drink in front of me, I just drink it. It's always good or GREAT !!

Who needs the Grog Log at the Tonga Hut? Not me.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2010-05-03 5:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Cacasa ?? I don't even know what that is. I just assumed it was Tequila. If Kelly puts a drink in front of me, I just drink it. It's always good or GREAT !!

I think she meant Cachaša

It's a liquor made from fermented sugarcane. It is the most popular distilled alcoholic beverage in Brazil. It is also known as aguardente (aguardiente), pinga, caninha or other names. Cachaša is mostly produced in Brazil, where, according to 2007 figures, 1.5 billion liters (390 million gallons) are consumed annually, compared with 15 million liters (4.0 million gallons) outside the country.[1] Cachaša is, "...the product of the distillation of fermented sugarcane juice, with its alcohol strength anywhere from 38% to 80% by volume. When it is homemade it can be as strong as the distiller wants. Up to six grams per liter of sugar may be added."[2] Cachaša differs from rum in that most rum is made from molasses.[3] Use of molasses allows for the use of the byproduct of sugar production and a smaller still but has the taste affected by heating. Cachaca can be classified as a "rhum agricole" which is rum produced directly from cane juice.

Figures from 2003 indicate 1.3 billion liters of cachaša are produced each year though only 1% of this production is exported (mainly to Germany).[4] Outside Brazil, cachaša is used almost exclusively as an ingredient in tropical drinks, with the caipirinha being the most famous cocktail.

Check it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cacha%C3%A7a

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-03 7:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tom yes, I did mean Cachaša. I'm blaming it on the damn auto correction on my
iPhone I didn't even notice it was wrong. I will correct my post. In the meantime, I guess I'm kind of bugged that my menu clearly said "Cachaša" and I was critiqued on serving up a bunch of Tequila drinks as though I was in Margaritaville. There was a time I to did not know what Cachaca was however, I was not critiquing ones cocktails either.

Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-03 11:04 pm   Permalink

I am seriously heartbroken that I couldn't make it there that evening. It looks like it was a spectacular performance & night.

Congratulations, Marty! From what I hear, you were in top form and put on a superb show.

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-03 11:11 pm   Permalink

Sorry - it became a double-post. Perhaps even the TC reply button wanted to emphasize what a great show it was?!

[ This Message was edited by: Capt. R.H. Falernum 2010-05-03 23:13 ]

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-04 05:37 am   Permalink

You So-Cal folks do it up right!!! Looks like an awesome time was had by all. Beautiful cocktails Kelly. And Marty...you are looking so Rico Suave in that outfit. I am sorry I missed this one...I do hope an encore can happen...maybe a CD? Would love to hear "Girl from Emphysema"...LOL

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-04 07:45 am   Permalink

Excellent documentation, Tom! I like the way your flash just concentrates on the center of the image and leaves the edges dark, that saves it from destroying the mood.

I wish I could have seen that band, Martin Denny started out as Latin musician after all, but I had three nights of boozing with the Bum (at La Cana, Vic's and the Ti twice) behind me, which dragged out my voice-cold to become a full blown one, so I was out.

The two most popular tropical cocktails in Germany have been the Cuban Mojito, (which we all know is made with white rum, sugar, soda, lime and LOTS of muddled mint), and its counterpart, the Brazilian Caipirinha, which is made from Cachassa (spelled for pronunciation), and uses sugar and LOTS of muddled limes. Very yummy. I was on a bender once at a wrap party and made it to 14 Caipies. It is much tougher to muddle limes than mint, so mixologists use sturdy glasses, and wooden muddlers such as this one:

So Cachassa was the perfect choice for a Latin evening, but it is not surprising that non-Europeans don't know it and would think it would be Tequila -another good choice for a Latin party.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Marty Lush
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-04 10:24 am   Permalink

Wow thank you guys again for the wonderful comments. It really was a special evening. Kelly's drinks were sublime. I personally think that she is pouring some of the finest tasting original exotics in LA.

Thanks John O for the glowing review!!!! Your check is in the mail
big wet sloppy thanks to Tonga Tom fornthose great pix!!!!

View Profile of Marty Lush Send a personal message to Marty Lush  Email Marty Lush     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation