FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Lush Goes Latin -Marty Lush LIVE May 1st
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Lush Goes Latin -Marty Lush LIVE May 1st
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-05 10:02 am   Permalink

Damn, I wish I lived closer!!

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FilthyMidget
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-05 2:38 pm   Permalink

I am on pins & needles waiting for all the sleazy pencil mustaches that will be there

View Profile of FilthyMidget Send a personal message to FilthyMidget  Email FilthyMidget     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-05 7:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-04 12:23, lucas vigor wrote:
Yep, he is the guy who replaced Arthur Lyman.

***Then Wechter went on to form The Baja Marimba Band. Latin connection discussion closed!

You gotta wonder how great Marty's new project is going to be! Marty is a great musician, with impeccable taste in music...and he has got SQUID!!!!!

***Actually Lush has CRABS.

But, they should have hired this guy on bass, (talentless hack that he is!)

***Far too edumacated for a Lush gig. He even uses one of them fancy fiddle saws!

***See ya there Lucas

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-05 8:36 pm   Permalink

You know I really think this is the next logical step in the Tiki Revival. As Polynesian-inspired Exotica was winding down by the mid-60's, the "south of the border" craze was picking up steam with Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass and the Baja Marimba Band. Even Martin Denny got into the act with "Latin Village" and "Spanish Village" and Arthur Lyman released "Aloha Amigo".

I think Marty Lush is really on to something here !!

Every new trend needs a buzzword. How about "Mexi-Tiki" ? Can Tiki Fiesta 2011 be far behind ?

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-04-07 18:29 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-05 10:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-05 20:36, JOHN-O wrote:
You know I really think this is the next logical step in the Tiki Revival.

***That would be merely retracing old steps. Lush is a true visionary and certainly no copycat. The next logical step is actually Kosher Hapa Haole. Be on the lookout for Marty's upcoming release (on LP and 8-Track) "Aloha Oy Vey!" featuring Kona Knishes, Gifelte Wahine, Mazeltov Maui and that old favorite You Want I Should Give You a Lei?

I think Marty Lush is really on to something here !!

***John-O, buddy, pal....you got it all wrong. Marty Lush is ON something.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-05 11:28 pm   Permalink

You might be right there Mr. Squid. I hate to see the scene devolve in the wrong way. Remember that classic scene in "Treasure of the Sierra Madre":

"Tikis ?? We ain't got no Tikis. We don't need no Tikis. I don't have to show you any stinkin' Tikis !!"

(Or something like that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ

BUT on the other hand, wasn't Herb Alpert just a nice Jewish boy from L.A.'s Fairfax district ??

I don't think anyone in the TJB was Latino.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-04-07 18:30 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-06 05:14 am   Permalink

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-06 08:41 am   Permalink

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-04-06 09:06 am   Permalink

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-06 09:07 am   Permalink

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FilthyMidget
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-06 12:52 pm   Permalink

and yes Lush is on something...........I can attest for that first hand

View Profile of FilthyMidget Send a personal message to FilthyMidget  Email FilthyMidget     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tonga hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-06 5:27 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Central!
We are pleased to present Marty Lush and his Latin Livers!

Saturday May 1st 2010 Doors open at 8:00PM for theshow

Tickets are $8.00 per person and are available here:
http://itsmartylush.com/
seating is very limited so don't delay.

On hand as well will be Tonga Hut Tiki Cocktail Mixologist "Hiphipahula" who as we speak is whipping up her "South of the Border" Original cocktail menu for this event but no worries folks, The RUM flows!

We look forward to seeing you all here Saturday, May 1st Marty Lush & his Latin Livers!

The Tonga Hut since 1958
12808 Victory Boulevard
North Hollywood, CA 91606-3013
Between Coldwater Canyon Avenue and Goodland Avenue
*Open daily 4pm-2am 7days a week including May 1st

[ This Message was edited by: tonga hut 2010-04-06 17:44 ]

View Profile of tonga hut Send a personal message to tonga hut  Email tonga hut Goto the website of tonga hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Marty Lush
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-06 7:12 pm   Permalink

pencil thin mustache in the house

View Profile of Marty Lush Send a personal message to Marty Lush  Email Marty Lush     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-06 7:47 pm   Permalink

all set to go!
see you kids then!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Marty Lush
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-06 8:08 pm   Permalink

OH MY GOD that is friggin' hilarious!!!!

View Profile of Marty Lush Send a personal message to Marty Lush  Email Marty Lush     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation