FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Lush Goes Latin -Marty Lush LIVE May 1st
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Lush Goes Latin -Marty Lush LIVE May 1st
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-06 8:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-06 19:12, Marty Lush wrote:

pencil thin mustache in the house

Is that really you, Marty?

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-06 11:28 pm   Permalink

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 12:40 am   Permalink

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 08:43 am   Permalink

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FilthyMidget
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 10:38 am   Permalink

I thought the Boarder Crossing signs had the little girl holding a Teddy Bear?

aka The Filthy Midget

View Profile of FilthyMidget Send a personal message to FilthyMidget  Email FilthyMidget     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-07 11:51 am   Permalink

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FilthyMidget
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 12:02 pm   Permalink

Sleazy Pencil Stache <3 swoon~~~~

aka The Filthy Midget

View Profile of FilthyMidget Send a personal message to FilthyMidget  Email FilthyMidget     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 12:21 pm   Permalink

I know everyone's treating this like a big joke but personally I'm looking forward to seeing a live performance of how Exotica evolved (devolved?) in the latter part of the 1960's.

Even though the "Latin" music of that time was as inauthentic as Poly-Pop Exotica, it did make for some ultra-cool mid-century sounds. Most people just associate that time frame with hippie music so this is a refreshing change.

Hopefully this isn't a one off.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 12:28 pm   Permalink

It isn't a true tonga hut event unless you have photoshops of ridiculousness...
I truly miss those old days, and am glad to see that we are having more of it!

So don't be put off by the flyers JOHN-O, we are just uber excited!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 12:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-07 12:21, JOHN-O wrote:
I know everyone's treating this like a big joke but personally I'm looking forward to seeing a live performance of how Exotica evolved (devolved?) in the latter part of the 1960's.

Even though the "Latin" music of that time was as inauthentic as Poly-Pop Exotica, it did make for some ultra-cool mid-century sounds. Most people just associate that time frame with hippie music so this is a refreshing change.

This is no joke...this is the future!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-07 12:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-07 12:21, JOHN-O wrote:

Aloha John,
No, please have no misunderstandings, making Photoshop posters that are funny are just part of an old tradition that stems back to the old Tonga Hut Thread Tiki "Winter Wonderland" Days a couple years ago. It was a very popular thread and making light was a way to up enthusiasm or to "Bump" the post. Maybe you had to be there?
Marty, Squid and all the guys are very accomplished musicians indeed and we are
very excited to partake in a great evening as this.
As far as Latin Music and Exotica? Well
I'll leave that to the experts. Hope to
see you for the event it's going to be an event not to miss.

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 6:57 pm   Permalink

No no, I didn't want to put a damper on things or spoil any of the fun. It's just very interesting to me how the popular "Latin" sound of the mid-60's had roots in earlier Exotica music.

There IS a Tiki connection here !!

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-04-07 19:29 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-08 12:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-07 11:51, GROG wrote:

OK, THIS is frikken funny !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-08 12:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-07 18:57, JOHN-O wrote:
No no, I didn't want to put a damper on things or spoil any of the fun. It's just very interesting to me how the popular "Latin" sound of the mid-60's had roots in earlier Exotica music.

There IS a Tiki connection here !!

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-04-07 19:29 ]

Yeah, yeah... leave the tikilectual crap for them egghead threads. We're doin' this show to offend and annoy as many people as possible (approximately 50 per Los Angeles Fire Code)... but mostly to get their 8 bucks! Just think of it: 400 bucks divided by 7 guys, minus Lush's bar tab........ We're freakin' rich!!!!!

And by the way...thanks for YOUR 8 bucks JOHN-O! Lush already squandered it on a new pair of lime green spandex tights.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-08 01:03 am   Permalink

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation