FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-01 6:04 pm   Permalink

Unfortunately the Corona Contessa and I are not going to be able to make Oasis this year (insert picture of me with tears streaming down my face), but I am going to be in San Diego during that time doing family things...AND will definitely be at the Bali Hai on Thursday night.

Looking forward to a Polynesian feast at the Bali Hai and drinking to the tunes of the Tikiyaki Orchestra!!! I'll be bringing my niece and her husband and the Mother Unit. Maybe I can talk Crazy Al into taking my Mom for a swing on the dance floor. You can't miss her...she will be the oldest attendee (91 years) in Hawaiian garb. She can slam back a couple of drinks and still shake her bootay at that age!!!

That mug is AWESOME...I guess it will be eBay for me this year if I want one.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-03 5:36 pm   Permalink

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9061&id=100001142975893&l=e471807b44

hope to have ten of these.. but that may just not happen.

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 9:14 pm   Permalink

getting stoked! ill be joining the rest of the SD crew in the choppers circle again this year

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vintage Roadside
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-05 3:44 pm   Permalink

We just got back from our screen printer and look what we're bringing to Tiki Oasis - Hidden Harbor! One of the 3 new designs we're breaking out at Tiki Oasis. Can't wait!!

View Profile of Vintage Roadside Send a personal message to Vintage Roadside  Goto the website of Vintage Roadside     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-05 9:14 pm   Permalink

Just to give everyone from out of the area a warning, San Diego just had it's coldest June and July in a 100 years. The high tomorrow is only supposed to be 65 degrees. Though I'm hoping things finally heat up by the end of the month, this summer we've been having is insane. Please be sure and check the weather before coming out here. You may need to bring jackets!

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-07 12:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-05 21:14, Tiki Shaker wrote:
Just to give everyone from out of the area a warning, San Diego just had it's coldest June and July in a 100 years. The high tomorrow is only supposed to be 65 degrees. Though I'm hoping things finally heat up by the end of the month, this summer we've been having is insane. Please be sure and check the weather before coming out here. You may need to bring jackets!

What summer... it isn't even warm enough to call it spring yet.

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-07 11:57 pm   Permalink

Anyone here interested in a last minute advertisement opportunity with Tiki Oasis? We are printing up a special gift for Oasis hotel guests a Tiki Oasis Pin-Up Calendar!

Only $100 clams for your logo and link in the calendar!

Deadline end of weekend sooo let me know if you are interested and I will send you details E-ME direct as I am not always on TC:
babydoe@babydoe.net

XO Baby Doe

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-08 12:05 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Dr.TikiMojo 2010-08-10 16:15 ]

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-08 9:45 pm   Permalink

Don't know if I can help ya out...but sent ya email Dave.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2010-08-09 12:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-03 17:36, crazy al wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9061&id=100001142975893&l=e471807b44

hope to have ten of these.. but that may just not happen.

Nice one Al! Be looking for this one..

"TikiPop" On Instagram

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-09 02:07 am   Permalink

TOWER SUITE AVAILABLE AT TIKI OASIS

Through a mix up I just discovered that we have a tower suite available on sixth floor! Even if you do not want to host a big room party you might want to get this with a few friends:

2 standard rooms flank a large party room with large balcony facing golf course, one fully private room on each side. Suite has its own bathroom and can sleep 2-6 people

Minimum booking is Fri and Sat nights. Price is $550 night, or $183 per room?

If you want to stay at the Crowne Plaza you gotta book this
contact me directly at
otto@tikinews.com or call me
415-335-1624

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-09 09:26 am   Permalink

Aloha friends!

On Saturday night, immediately after our main stage performance, The Hula Girls will be celebrating the release of our brand new record (and we can REALLY say record - we're offering CD's, download cards, AND VINYL!) �Curse of the Tiki� with a meet-and-greet session in the Skinny Dog Designs Lanai Suite, adjacent to the pool.

You can buy your copy in your favorite format (sorry, no 8-tracks or cassettes) and get the band members, dancers and even the gorgeous cover model, Miss Dinah DeRosa, to personalize it for you. For those who don't want to fight the crowds, "Curse of the Tiki" will be also available throughout the weekend at the Entertainer's Vendor booth in the main hall."

Looking forward to OASIS!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2010-08-09 09:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: luckydesigns 2010-08-31 12:46 ]

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-09 5:50 pm   Permalink

THRILLVILLE MOVIE NITE AT TIKI OASIS
Saturday, August 21, 10PM

Two short films:

MARTINI KINGS: THE BUDDY GRECO SESSIONS
(10:33 minutes run time)
Director - Joshua Dragotta
Take a peek inside the los angeles recording studio as brothers frank and tony marsico of the Martini Kings team up with lounge legend Buddy Greco for the recording of the Kings 13th album, sure to be a lounge classic!

PLUS!

SEPY DOBRONYI presents:
RAPA NUI
(Easter Island)
EXPEDITION

In 1968, Baron Joseph “Sepy” Dobronyi joined the New York Explorers Club for a trip to one of the world’s most remote islands, Rapa Nui (Easter Island.) He brought with him his 16mm camera to capture the mysterious stone monuments that litter the barren, volcanic landscape. Part documentary, and part travelogue, this films covers the entire island’s topography.

Dobronyi’s interview with Father Sebastian, the Franciscan Monk who lived on and studied the culture of Rapa Nui from 1935 until his death in 1969, gives keen insight into the life and demise of the amazing culture that chiseled, moved and erected 10 ton statues from volcanic rock. Father Sebastian catalogued the 700 statues on the island and is credited as having provided the technical details for this film.

Dobronyi narrates the expedition and the background soundtrack is wonderful field recordings of native music, and features performances of traditional dance.

Color, 32 minutes.
Digital transfer from the original 16mm print.

PLUS!
"A TRIBUTE TO TIKI TV"
Be there. Aloha.

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki from the Black Lagoon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-09 8:24 pm   Permalink

Hi Everybody - Tiki Oasis is just about here and we are looking for anyone that can play a horn - trumpet, trombone, tuba or flute that can help us out with a number for about 10-15 minutes on Friday. If you can, and you are interested in having a blast and being part of a history making moment please get hold of me through this thread.

Thanks,

Jim Giddings
Stage Manager - Tiki Oasis

View Profile of Tiki from the Black Lagoon Send a personal message to Tiki from the Black Lagoon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Tiki

Posted: 2010-08-09 8:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-09 20:24, Tiki from the Black Lagoon wrote:
Hi Everybody - Tiki Oasis is just about here and we are looking for anyone that can play a horn - trumpet, trombone, tuba or flute that can help us out with a number for about 10-15 minutes on Friday. If you can, and you are interested in having a blast and being part of a history making moment please get hold of me through this thread.

Thanks,

Jim Giddings
Stage Manager - Tiki Oasis

Jim,
I know a few gals that do a good job at blowing a skin flute. Probably no help at all.

Personal Goal:
I'm working toards the need for a liver transplant.

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation