FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-11 5:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-11 11:12, stuckieshaft wrote:
For all those who did not get a Munktiki Tiki Oasis 10 event mug don't fret!
There will be plenty available for sale on Friday night Aug 20th. Buy as many as you want. If you cant make it to the event get your friends to pick you up a mug/chalice. There will be absolutely NO mail order though. Its only available at the event!

Whoo! I'll be in line Friday night!

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-11 5:08 pm   Permalink

Baby Doe, could you please post a vendor map?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-11 5:12 pm   Permalink

"Here's a question to ponder--if you're too blotto to show up for a drinking symposium, the chances are when you wake up the next morning you'll probably assume you indeed did attend the symposium anyway (or a facsimile thereof)."

Or - you could just get blotto at a cheap fleabag hotel local to you and pretend you went to the entire Oasis and had a great time.

But believe me, it ain't the same. This is gonna be a BIG %#@*&%! Oasis.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jdseeks
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-11 9:01 pm   Permalink

Just cancelled a Thursday 8/19 thru Monday 8/23 reservation at Comfort Inn across the street (hwy) from Crowne Plaza. We're staying at the Plaza.

Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel Circle SeaWorld Area 2201 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, CA
Phone: (619) 881-6800

View Profile of jdseeks Send a personal message to jdseeks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
burleyque
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-12 3:59 pm   Permalink

What are the themes for Friday and Saturday? I'm picking out my outfits!

View Profile of burleyque Send a personal message to burleyque  Email burleyque Goto the website of burleyque     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greenfire

Posted: 2010-08-13 11:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-12 15:59, burleyque wrote:
What are the themes for Friday and Saturday? I'm picking out my outfits!

I would think that Friday = Tiki outfit and Saturday = Tiki outfit; if there are such things, but in general, there's not....so, I would guess that it means that anything applies. Therefore, that would mean, Fri. and Sat., are a Tiki-based themes, and that it is that, and you wear accordingly, Tiki accoutrements, carry an empty container, and also, you party and tour around and drink. I think that about covers it for Fri. and Sat. Dig?

View Profile of greenfire Send a personal message to greenfire      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-13 11:14 pm   Permalink

In terms of dress... really anything works at Tiki Oasis!

ON Saturday night we are encouraging folks to dress up - we will have our annual costume contest and we have awards for: Most Swanky Dressed and Best Tiki Style outfit... so if you want to go all out that can be an option for you!!

Hope that helps!
XO Baby DOe

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-14 2:20 pm   Permalink

Aloha! Here's a sneak peek at some of the items I'll be selling in Artist's Alley:

These are all one of a kind mugs, so if ya see one you like ya better
grab it before it's gone!

Shaken, Not Stirred mug. Limited edition of 25. Only got a few left!

Pendants and earrings!

Go here
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=37290&forum=21&10 to my gallery thread for more.

See ya at the big bash!

Bowie

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-15 10:27 am   Permalink

Psst... hey kid, wanna TIki Oasis ticket? for free....?

You don't need to sell your soul or be sacrificed to a Tiki God in some crazy ritual, just...

Volunteer at Tiki Oasis!

Every year about this time the tropical winds blow some of our volunteers off course and there are cancellations, changes and sometimes new volunteer opportunities just appear out of nowhere!

The Volunteer Hut just has new shifts available and volunteers get a free weekend pass!

TIKI OASIS! Where else can you work a few hours a day, meet everyone at the party and drink on the job! For those that remember last year, YOU NO DRINK E'NUF MAI TAI, BRAH! I think we all had fun.

Every year volunteers tell me they had even a better time volunteering because of all the cool people you meet. First come first served!

Volunteer for Tiki Oasis ONE SHIFT and get in for FREE ($50 value). All volunteers receive free admission to the Tiki Oasis event as well as a thank you gift from Tiki Oasis. Total volunteer time on average is about 5 hours.

Here's what to do:
(hey, it might seem like there's a bunch of flaming hoops to jump through, but it's worth it. With over 80 volunteers this year, we gotta make da computah' do most of the work so we can drink mo da mai tai)

here's what to do:

1. join our facebook group. that's how we communicate with all the volunteers.
http://bit.ly/TOVolunteers

2. go see the positions available on our Volunteer Schedule
http://bit.ly/TO10VolunteerSchedule
(look for the tab at the bottom "AVAILABLE SHIFTS"

3. take the Volunteer survey, so we can have all your info handy:
http://bit.ly/TikiOasisVolunteerSurvey

4. And because we're down to the last week, message HukilauBrown at facebook
facebook.com/hukilau.brown
or
Email: hukilaubrown@gmail.com
and let him know you've completed the steps and you want to volunteer!

Mahalo and see you at the Oasis!

*CLASSIFIED*
Room Crawl Veteran
"I survived 135"

Palu Ohana, Hale Ka'ahele
Pacific Palisades, CA

Home of "Palu, the Wonder Tiki"

View Profile of Hukilau Brown Send a personal message to Hukilau Brown  Email Hukilau Brown Goto the website of Hukilau Brown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-15 11:58 am   Permalink

Did you guys see Thor's banners?
they are pretty cool

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=37493&forum=17&hilite=thor

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thestoked1
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-15 7:54 pm   Permalink

Coming soon to a Tiki Oasis near you: Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid.
(Note-If you want to be surprised, don't click)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rG-yzH6_Bw

View Profile of thestoked1 Send a personal message to thestoked1      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-15 11:11 pm   Permalink

Limited edition, had pulled, screen printed posters, featuring cover model, Miss Dinah DeRosa, for Tiki Oasis 10!

Two color; cyan and metallic silver on black card stock. $20 at Oasis, or purchase them on
www.thehulagirlsband.com after Oasis!

You have to see them in person, the silver really jumps! Get one at The Hula Girls merch table on Friday night, in the Grand Ballroom, for the swing dance party at 10:00, or on Saturday after we play the main stage at 5:30!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kontiki Kym

Posted: 2010-08-16 10:41 am   Permalink

Help. I can't find my ticket. What can I do?

Never mind. If you do lose your ticket the fine people at Tiki Oasis will get back to you and all you need is your ID to get in. Whew!! Let the party begin!

[ This Message was edited by: Kontiki Kym 2010-08-16 14:03 ]

View Profile of Kontiki Kym Send a personal message to Kontiki Kym      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-16 11:03 am   Permalink

Volunteering is the way to go. Listen to Hukilau - he is wise and just.

It isn't really that hard or time-consuming and we really need more people this year. You get swag, free entry, I've been a volunteer every year and have had adventures beyond your imagination...

try it, you'll love it!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beelzebozo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-16 11:08 am   Permalink

Almost time for Tiki Oasis. Thee Swank Bastards will be Playing the Main Stage on Saturday at 7pm. Thee Swank Bastards will also be playing Frankie's Room room party on Friday night after the main Stage goes dark and we will be playing the room Saturday afternoon 3 to 4pm. We are also talking about having a jam session Saturday after the main stage goes dark. Email shaun.w.coleman@gmail if you are interested in playing/jamming some traditional surf tunes with Thee Swank Bastards and other random people.

View Profile of beelzebozo Send a personal message to beelzebozo  Email beelzebozo Goto the website of beelzebozo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation