FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-17 09:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-16 12:35, Otto wrote:
dang, that is too good to pass up!
Jim, I want one of these, find me at Tiki Oasis, I'm the bald guy wearing a Aloha shirt and I have sideburns

I look sort of like this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thrillville.net/beat/Images/jan_feb2k5/ottochicken.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thrillville.net/archives/jan_feb2k5.htm&usg=__ByHWwEToM1ypsP8wGUasTMW0dfs=&h=480&w=640&sz=170&hl=en&start=21&sig2=Pa-TL9_u-Gv4vKAgrSj3oA&tbnid=tlJc-hh6quxZPM:&tbnh=136&tbnw=175&ei=vpJpTL6mMYTmsQO5h72xBw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dotto%2Bvon%2Bstroheim%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1076%26bih%3D787%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C608&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=778&vpy=492&dur=5929&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=218&ty=110&oei=pZJpTMC1BZHSsAOkpv3mBQ&esq=2&page=2&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:21&biw=1076&bih=787

Otto, I tried to look at your pic and my firewall at work said "DENIED!!! - Sexually Explicit!:

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
burleyque
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-17 09:41 am   Permalink

Vivienne VaVoom will be at Tiki Oasis! I won't be doing burlesque this year (unless I have too many mai tais and do something impromptu in the Heel on Heels/Ding Dong Devils party room...) but I'm the new brand ambassador for Colorado's Montanya Rum and we're sponsoring a few events at Tiki Oasis!

On Friday a couple cutie retro pinups and I'll be serving a super yummy cocktail called the Freestyle and offering straight tastes of our Platino & Oro rums at the poolside Sip'n'Shop, 4-6pm.

Plus San Diego's Hell on Heels Burlesque and Polynesian twist punk band Ding Dong Devils have invited me to be part of their suite party! They will be serving Montanya Oro gold rum in their Headshrinkers and Ding Dong Devil cocktails, Friday 2:30-4pm and Saturday starting at 10:30pm in suite 1649.

I'll also be in the Friday night fashion show and then gogo dancing with my Burlesque As It Was pal, Dew Licious on Saturday alongside some of the bands:
Saturday 5:30 - 6:00 The Hula Girls
Saturday 7:20 – 8pm Thee Swank Bastards
(if anyone from these bands are on this list and have outfit requests- let me know! I've got a ton of costumes)

See you there!

-Vivienne VaVoom

View Profile of burleyque Send a personal message to burleyque  Email burleyque Goto the website of burleyque     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
burleyque
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-17 09:47 am   Permalink

Also If anyone finds themselves with extra tix to the Cocktail Symposium or garnish class, I'd love to buy them! viviennevavoom@gmail.com

View Profile of burleyque Send a personal message to burleyque  Email burleyque Goto the website of burleyque     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-17 10:27 am   Permalink

Baby Doe presents....
Keep A Breast Art Show at Tiki Oasis 10
Benefitting the Keep A Breast Foundation

Reception for the Artists:
1:00PM - 2:30PM, Saturday Aug. 21
Artists and castees will be in attendance at the reception

The Keep A Breast Gallery will be open 11 AM - 4 PM on Friday - Sunday, August 20 – 22 - Free and open to the public

Crowne Plaza Hotel, Lahaina Room
2270 Hotel Circle North
San Diego, CA 92108

The Keep A Breast Foundation Breast Casts™ are part of Keep A Breast’s unique campaigns to use art and artistic expression to inform young people about methods of prevention, early detection, coping and support. This awareness campaign is like no other, harnessing the power of art to communicate complex feelings and thoughts about health, the female form and ultimately about breast cancer.

The breast casts will be sold at the exhibition to raise funds for Keep A Breast's early detection, prevention, and support programs. Through these programs Keep A Breast strives to eradicate breast cancer by inspiring young people to adopt lifestyle choices that have long-term health benefits

Please check out the full gallery at:
www.keep-a-breast.org/art

+++++++++

Look for Baby Doe and a few of the other castees Friday at registration and Saturday at the Keep A Breast reception selling raffle tickets to raise money to buy their casts. Check out some of the fun prizes that will be raffled off! Do not need to be present to win!

* Orbit In Hotel Palm Springs - weekend getaway ($600 value) leave your worries behind as you lounge in luxurious mid-century style. Breathtaking mountain views, poolside breakfast, cocktails, cruiser bikes and spa services - all served up at a small boutique hotel called the Orbit In, where vintage modernism meets the 21st century - www.orbitin.com
* Don The Beachcomber gift certificates
* Special gift from Fluff *

++++++++++++

Artists
Atomikitty, Bosko, Claudette Barjoud aka Miss Fluff, Crazy Al Evans, Danny Gallardo, Dave "Squid" Cohen, Dave Krys, David C. Wong, Dawn Frasier Sophista-Tiki, Derek Yaniger, Eric October, Erin Joy, Heather Watts, Isabel Samaras, Jason Rodgers, Ken Ruzic/Little Lost Tiki, Mark Mothersbaugh, Maya Rodgers, Michael Fleming aka Tweedlebop, Mitch O'Connell, MP, Rex "!", Tiki King, Tim Biskup, Velvet Glass.

Castees
Amber Ray, Angel Baby, Atomikitty, Audrey Moorhead, Baby Doe, Becky Ebenkamp, Evie, Lovelle, Fifi, Giddle Partridge, Kari French, Kathleen O'Malley, Kitty Diggins, Lady Borgia, Lili VonSchtupp, Megan Mayham, Mimi Le Meaux, Penny Starr, Jr., Red Snapper, Tana the Tattooed Lady, The Assassin, Tura Satana, Vintage Girl, Violetta Beretta

+++++++++++++++++++++

great article here on the KAB show: http://seminal.firedoglake.com/diary/65125

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HapaLove

Posted: 2010-08-17 10:53 am   Permalink

I have one extra ticket. If anyone wants to buy it ($50 for Fri/Sat ticket), let me know. 858-205-3211.

View Profile of HapaLove Send a personal message to HapaLove      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-17 3:49 pm   Permalink

Just a little post to let the fine folks coming to Tiki Oasis know that I have shipped a whole pallet of syrups down to San Diego for my vending booth.

I've got....

- Orgeat (Almond-based syrup, for use in your Mai Tai!)
- Cinnamon (Nui Nui, Jet Pilot)
- Vanilla (great with a bit of light rum and bubbles, and for cooking!)
- Don's Mix (Donga Punch, early Zombie)
- Don's Spices #2 (Nui Nui, Opaka Raka)
- Passion Fruit Syrup (Hurricane, Cobra's Fang)
- Hibiscus Grenadine (China cocktail, Hell in the Pacific)

AND a few bottles (seriously, only a few) of my upcoming releases Ginger Syrup and Falernum!

and they'll be available for a mighty fine price, cheaper than online, so stock up! Credit cards accepted.

Okole Maluna!

TraderTiki.com
Exotic Syrups for Tropical Mixology!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-17 7:12 pm   Permalink

Pssst.... need a ticket? Here's two great options to still make it to the party

Book a room at the Crowne Plaza and you can purchase up to 4 weekend passes.

Sold out, you say? Bosh!

I have an extra room Thurs, Fri, Sat $170 clams a night.

email me at
hukilaubrown@gmail.com.

First come, first to party!

And listen to Cammo- you can still volunteer and get in for free! He is fair and just and I owe him 10 bucks. And he's the one person left in the modern world that won't sell out to facebook. I respect that.

TIKI OASIS VOLUNTEERS
Every year about this time the tropical winds blow some of our volunteers off course and there are cancellations, changes and sometimes new volunteer opportunities just appear out of nowhere!

The Volunteer Hut just has new shifts available and volunteers get a free weekend pass!

TIKI OASIS! Where else can you work a few hours a day, meet everyone at the party and drink on the job! For those that remember last year, YOU NO DRINK E'NUF MAI TAI, BRAH! I think we all had fun.

Every year volunteers tell me they had even a better time volunteering because of all the cool people you meet. First come first served!

Volunteer for Tiki Oasis ONE SHIFT and get in for FREE ($50 value). All volunteers receive free admission to the Tiki Oasis event as well as a thank you gift from Tiki Oasis. Total volunteer time on average is about 5 hours.

Here's what to do:
(hey, it might seem like there's a bunch of flaming hoops to jump through, but it's worth it. With over 80 volunteers this year, we gotta make da computah' do most of the work so we can drink mo da mai tai)

here's what to do:

1. join our facebook group. that's how we communicate with all the volunteers.
http://bit.ly/TOVolunteers

2. go see the positions available on our Volunteer Schedule
http://bit.ly/TO10VolunteerSchedule
(look for the tab at the bottom "AVAILABLE SHIFTS"

3. take the Volunteer survey, so we can have all your info handy:
http://bit.ly/TikiOasisVolunteerSurvey

4. And because we're down to the last week, message HukilauBrown at facebook
facebook.com/hukilau.brown
or
Email: hukilaubrown@gmail.com
and let him know you've completed the

*CLASSIFIED*
Room Crawl Veteran
"I survived 135"

Palu Ohana, Hale Ka'ahele
Pacific Palisades, CA

Home of "Palu, the Wonder Tiki"

View Profile of Hukilau Brown Send a personal message to Hukilau Brown  Email Hukilau Brown Goto the website of Hukilau Brown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-17 8:03 pm   Permalink

Brenda and I will hitting ground in San Diego tomorrow (Wednesday) morning at 10 AM.

Should be in room 1728 again this year.

Can't wait to see all the Tiki Oasis X Ohana!

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-17 10:25 pm   Permalink

Stop by our spot and say hello.....

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=37556&forum=18&0

We are near the TikiToNy beachcomber hut

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-17 11:42 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-19 4:14 pm   Permalink

WILL THE THRILL will be showing the MARTINI KINGS new short film at 10pm saturday evening at TIKI OASIS.

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-19 11:34 pm   Permalink

Aaaaaaw, it really looks like I am gonna miss a great one!
Well, even though I cannot be in attendance, congratulations to Otto and family for pulling off the BIG TEN of this grand festival of Tiki.
Who would have thought ten years ago that this fun get-together would get this big!
I will be hoisting one for you at the Rum Trader (with James Teitelbaum, who is in town).
Okole Maluna! Your Sven

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPanda
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-20 1:29 pm   Permalink

I booked a shuttle from the San Diego train station to the Kings Inn tonight at 8pm. If anyone wants to share the ride, text me at 626-818-2348.

For anyone else who may be travelling by train, the shuttle company says it's $16 for one person or $5 a person for a group from the SAN train station to the three participating hotels. The shuttle number is (619)-646-8629.

View Profile of TikiPanda Send a personal message to TikiPanda  Goto the website of TikiPanda     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-21 07:05 am   Permalink

Just to let everybody know, Oasis is really great this year. It's like living in a giant breathing Tiki Paradise, only better beyond your imagination. Everybody is happy all day long and carrying around mugs that slosh around with yummy-smelling liquids.

The sushi bar in the middle of the hotel is fantastic. Try the Big Kahuna Roll or the Spider Roll.

Yes, if you aren't going it really sucks.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-21 07:46 am   Permalink

"Yes, if you aren't going it really sucks."

Thanks for that.
Now I hope you run out of fresh mint.

Well, that might be a bit harsh.

Ya'll have fun now!

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation