FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-21 08:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-21 07:05, Cammo wrote:
Yes, if you aren't going it really sucks.

Oh...that helps...I feel much better now.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nkash001
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-22 02:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-21 07:05, Cammo wrote:
Just to let everybody know, Oasis is really great this year. It's like living in a giant breathing Tiki Paradise, only better beyond your imagination. Everybody is happy all day long and carrying around mugs that slosh around with yummy-smelling liquids.

The sushi bar in the middle of the hotel is fantastic. Try the Big Kahuna Roll or the Spider Roll.

Yes, if you aren't going it really sucks.

Couldn't agree more about Oasis, but I wholeheartedly disagree about the sushi bar. It's quite mediocre compared to what I've had in the past, and I eat sushi at least once a week. That said, the fact that the hotel even offers it is impressive!

View Profile of nkash001 Send a personal message to nkash001      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Tim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-22 09:03 am   Permalink

Tiki Oasis was a great time...Thanks Otto & Baby Doe.See you next year

View Profile of Tiki-Tim Send a personal message to Tiki-Tim  Email Tiki-Tim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-22 10:00 am   Permalink

So what was up with the guy in the King Kamehameha outfit Saturday night? I had to leave early so I didn't see if he was he a paid performer or if he was just struttin' it Anyone get a picture?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-22 10:10 am   Permalink

Just got home. I had a blast! Some highlights for me were, seeing Squid play drums with the swank bastards in a room party, having a nice conversation about lounge music with the vibist Frank Marsico, ejoying the mai kai gent's rythem section in the elevator (and seeing them on the stage) and above all, seeing APE in all it's glory delivering an outatanding set! Oh, and the room party with the band, CHUM was excellent!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Easter Island Elvis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-22 5:31 pm   Permalink

This was a GREAT oasis! It was awesome to see old friends and make a ton of new ones. Hope to see you all again soon at the next tiki event!

View Profile of Easter Island Elvis Send a personal message to Easter Island Elvis  Email Easter Island Elvis Goto the website of Easter Island Elvis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-22 7:05 pm   Permalink

had another wonderful Tiki Oasis. This was our 4th and we got the best room we have ever had on the 5th floor with a perfect view of the stage. If you were there we were the ones with the Tiki oasis surfboard on the balcony Will download my pictures tomorrow.

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-22 7:29 pm   Permalink

Nevermind.

[ This Message was edited by: coco loco 2010-08-24 21:41 ]

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-22 7:47 pm   Permalink

AWESOME.

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-22 8:21 pm   Permalink

pictures, pictures, PICTURES!!!!

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-22 8:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-22 10:00, MadDogMike wrote:
So what was up with the guy in the King Kamehameha outfit Saturday night? I had to leave early so I didn't see if he was he a paid performer or if he was just struttin' it Anyone get a picture?

He was in the costume contest, and he told King Kukulele that he made the costume himself. King Kukulele then made up a song on the spot about how he made the costume himself and didn't buy it. He didn't win the costume contest, though.

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-22 8:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks TikiSan. It was a great costume (I bought some fabric last week to make me one but I won't have the 'nads to wear it with a Speedo! )

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-22 9:19 pm   Permalink

Thank you and congratulations to Otto and Baby Doe for a fantastically fun Oasis.

Best of Oasis:

Seeing APE live: Amazingly tight musicians. Crazy Al is so talented - singer, dancer, tiki carver (all three at the same time while performing with APE), songwriter, MC, mug sculptor, business owner, and more.

The Lampshades: Kate Flannery (Meredith on The Office) and Scot Robinson (Anchorman) were hilarious! I hope they are back next year.

Martin Cate's Persuasive Power of Punch Cocktail Symposium and the Notch designed 40 gallon flaming volcano bowl. The Cocktail Symposium is always a highlight for me because I always like to improve my mixology skills.

Thee Swank Bastards: Excellent music and Szandora had choreographed moves for every song. (Otto and Baby Doe, please have them back again next year)

Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid in the hotel pool: Impressive portrayal of a mermaid

Trader Tiki's syrups and mixology skills: I believe he served a Nui Nui out of a vendor's Lanai room. Excellent drink, and I hope you do well with the syrups.

Lots of fantastic Bosko art at friendly prices!

Violetta Baretta

The room parties (of course)

Johnny Johnny (Tiki Bar TV): always good to see him

Next year: please have Tikiyaki Orchestra on the main stage Saturday night. It is time, and has been since 2007!

Is next year's theme really old Mexico??? Because when I think Polynesian Pop, Mexico is usually what comes to mind....or not. I'm sure there are some better themes, like focusing on a specific region in Polynesia. Plus, I much prefer rum to tequila.

Otto and Baby Doe: congratulations on ten years!

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
closettiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-22 10:37 pm   Permalink

Billy the Crud being Billy......until the security guy showed up

View Profile of closettiki Send a personal message to closettiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-22 10:57 pm   Permalink

HA!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation