FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
zond2
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-22 11:02 pm   Permalink

Aieeeeee!!
My eyes, my eyes!
Oy!
I shot > 1200 pics at TO10 and fried a Metz flash in the process.
As soon as I get them processed and sorted into sets I'll post links to them.

View Profile of zond2 Send a personal message to zond2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-22 11:23 pm   Permalink

Great time again this year.

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-22 11:57 pm   Permalink

Amazing time! Such a wonderful event. A buddy of mine was able to fly out here from North Carolina and was absolutely blown away. I knew some people last year, but that was an event I mostly spent alone. It was truly touching to notice how I couldn't walk 50 feet without saying hi or hugging a dear tiki friend this year. I was trying to tell my friend how crazy it is as we were walking, "Yeah, it's really weird, I... oh, hey buddy, great to see you... I take a few steps and next thing I know... hey, gorgeous, you look amazing... next thing I know there is someone I... hey, you made it, awesome..." I couldn't even finish my conversation with him! So heart warming to be a part of such an amazing group of people. True ohana!

To everyone I met that is a new friend, to all my old friends, and to everyone else who is a friend to be: Thank you for such a great weekend!

Honoring my gods one sip at a time.

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-23 08:29 am   Permalink

Hey there Centralites!

Wow, I had... I mean, wow. This was a real blast from the past for me, and reminded me of my tiki roots, which is to say, hanging out with some fun and fantastic people and having a great time. I moved from NorCal to Portland, OR 4 years ago, and hadn't been back other to California other than for a bar crawl a few years back. I'll just say it's been too damned long that I've been outside of the company of some of my favorite folks on the planet. This was my first Tiki Oasis, and I will definitely be back and involved next year.

A big fat thanks to everyone who stopped by my little ramshackle vending booth too. I'm just trying to do the right thing, and make great drinks accessible for everyone. Thank you all for your support, and I'll keep fighting the good fight and making high quality stuff for all you high quality people.

And since apparently I just can't stop vending, I've posted the
Falernum and Ginger Syrup on the site, so take advantage of your OASIS2010 20% off (over $30) deal before the end of August!

Cheers, and see you next year!

-Blair

TraderTiki.com
Exotic Syrups for Tropical Mixology!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SwinginTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-23 11:18 am   Permalink

Otto & Baby Doe do it AGAIN! Great time guys! Thanks for getting us involved.
Big thanks for having the tiny tot room too - it was great to get the kid(s) out of the sun for a while. Your volunteers in there were super!

View Profile of SwinginTiki Send a personal message to SwinginTiki  Email SwinginTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hulahoney
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-23 12:03 pm   Permalink

This year absolutely blew my tiki-socks off! I had such a great time, an extra special thanks to Otto, Baby Doe and all the support staff and volunteers who pulled off another fantastic event!

I don't know how it's possible that I was able to see and do so many things in two days, but yet miss so many fun and exciting people...

Mahalo for the memories,

xo
Hula

View Profile of hulahoney Send a personal message to hulahoney      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-23 12:33 pm   Permalink

A little video from day 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flMWnUilXvA

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Weence
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-23 1:09 pm   Permalink

Fun Fun Fun...can't wait til next year!!
p.s. tees on sale!!! see link below if interested

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=37589&forum=17

View Profile of Weence Send a personal message to Weence  Email Weence Goto the website of Weence     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-23 1:38 pm   Permalink

Had an amazing time again. Thank you Otto and Baby Doe.

View Profile of Jetson Send a personal message to Jetson  Email Jetson Goto the website of Jetson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-23 2:03 pm   Permalink

So sorry I missed it this year...sounds like it was awesome (as usual). I am thrilled that Wendy & Dan are giving me their Oasis Mug as a gift...all that kindness will come back at ya!!!

I did make it to the Bali Hai with the Mother Unit and my niece and her husband. We got there pretty early so only got to listen to the DJ (missed the Hawaiian/Exotcia venue though), but was hoping to hear some Tikiyaki Orchestra, however Mom gave out just as they came on, so didn't get to stay. (insert picture of me crying here)

I did link up with 4WDtiki at the Bali Hai Sunday morning to pick up my Tiki, so just being in the parking lot of the "Hanalei" felt good...LOL.

Looking forward to seeing all the great pictures and videos.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-23 2:54 pm   Permalink

Otto and Doe it was a hell of a weekend! Thanks for all you do to make this happen.

It was a pretty awesome weekend all around -- from the vendors to the entertainment to the room parties to the after hours room parties--never have I had so much fun with so many people with so little drama.

Thanks for doing what you do when you do it so us folks can act like drunk fools and party our asses off.

Looking forward to next year already!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-23 4:17 pm   Permalink

This Oasis was a total blast, thanks you Otto, Baby Doe and all the volunteers and performers who made this great.
I guess this is a thread where people will give some feedabck, so I thought I would mention two things I found that were much improved:
The line for wrist bands on Thursday was really fast compared to previous years (even though my name wasn't on the list, when I found Baby Doe she immedietly knew what to do, but that was unrelated to the fast check-in process).
Also - the Hanalei BBQ shack or whatever it was called (next to the remodeled section of the conference center) provided a great FAST food option - essential for those about to imbibe alocohol at symposiums (for educational purposes, of course). Thanks for that!

Also thanks to Otto for straigtening out the security clamp-down situation at Tiki Heaven room party on Friday night. The fact there was a problem was a bummer, but Tikitastic Mark said Otto handled it with swift action, that sent the security guys appologizing.

And mentioning the room parties - it was great to serve drinks again for my friends at Tiki Underground (Tiki Heaven) as warm-up for my friend Martin Cate (and wife Rebecca) from Smuggler's Cove. It was quite the challange to do that then strap on the guitar and play two sets with my band The Sand Devils, but it sure was fun.
Thanks again for my friends Tikitastic, Tai Won On, Paul, Kim, Kevin and all. Thanks for the help with preparation Kevin, Tai Won On and Kim, thanks for my impromptu bar backs Big Tiki Dude and Sabu.
The following night, I got to experience Chum rocking Tiki Heaven, Martin Cate rocking the Pineapple drinks, and then in Frankie's room, Thee Swank Bastards raising the roof of the hotel with special guests like Squid and APE members.

I was really happy to see my dear friend Marie King being able to enjoy Oasis (not trivial), and Jonpaul not only playing on Thursday night at one of Tikiyaki's best shows ever, but also subbing in Project Pimento and doing a great job. Happy Birthday Jonpaul!

Sunday afternoon, it was great to relax by the pool and hear a mix of my favorite surf and exotica tunes spun by Big Tiki Dude and Tiki Tena, that is always a nice conclusion to the wild weekend.

It was great seeing many old friends again, but I realized how many new friends I have made over the last couple of years. That's a great part of Oasis for me.

I'm still not 100% focused (as evident by this post), so I appologize to whoever I forgot to mention...

Anyway, looking forward to next year.

Ran

[ This Message was edited by: kick_the_reverb 2010-08-23 16:47 ]

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-23 4:49 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Baby Doe, Otto and all involved in bringing this together. The bbq stand was a great addition, the hotel staff and security were friendly and helpful. A sold out event and smooth sailing all the way. We had a great time and can't wait for next year.

View Profile of TNT Send a personal message to TNT  Email TNT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-23 5:11 pm   Permalink

Thanks to Otto, Baby Doe, all the volunteers and everyone who worked tirelessly this weekend to make everything go so smoothy--and making it such a fun weekend (do I really have to wait 365 whole days to do it again)?

And the Ding Dong Devils want to thank everyone who attended the DDD/Hell on Heels room party Saturday night, especially since audience-participation turned out to be a key element in the fun (unfortunately, I missed, and only heard later about somebody drinking champagne from Jolie Goodnight's metal washtub after she finished her champagne bath--a true Tallulah Bankhead x100 moment)! Huge thank yous to Martini BombsHELL and Hell on Heels, for everything they did to raise the energy to a higher level, to Michelle for the great Montanya Rum, and to our busy bartenders Christine, Rita and Leslie. We formed our band after being inspired by Tiki Oasis a couple of years ago, and a room party like this was something we only dreamed about!

Caltiki Brent

[ This Message was edited by: congawa 2010-08-23 17:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: congawa 2010-08-23 17:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: congawa 2010-08-23 17:12 ]

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-23 5:40 pm   Permalink

We had a great time. Getting wristbands was much smoother and I never saw many people in line because of this. BBQ Shack also made it easy to get a quick bite (important for vendors). Great bands, people, and room parties. There was an incredible amount of art and swag to be had. Thanks to all that bought our stuff and no thanks to whoever swiped one of the Cook Islands carved pearl shell necklaces (that was Sunday when the event was open to the public) Hope to see everyone again soon!

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation