FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-20 5:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-19 18:59, vintagegirl wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a way to walk from one side of the freeway to the other side from the Crowne Plaza. Like is there a pedestrian underpass or overpass somewhere? Or is driving the only way to get from one side to the other?

We stayed at the Vagabond Inn last year, at the Southeast end of the circle.

It was a bit of a walk from the Vagabond, anywhere from 20 -30 minutes each way. We used the underpass on the East end.

Like others have mentioned, there is an overpass on the West end. At least one side of Hotel Circle has a sidewalk.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-20 6:43 pm   Permalink

YEAHHHHH!
After missing Oasis last year, I jumped on the chance to book our room already! Room crawls here we come!!

See ya!
Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-20 6:58 pm   Permalink

Im not sure if it was already asked, But is there a planned car show this year??

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-20 8:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-20 12:14, congawa wrote:

as for liver in Training,
I was just at Kick the Reverb's place this weekend,
and helping him with a new drink for this year.
The '151 Lashes' is a ass kicker for sure.

who wants to get whipped?
Jeff(btd)
[/quote]

BTD - We're still getting the booking finalized, but we are planning to do several Ding Dong Devils suite parties again--and "Yes Master" by the Whips is definitely going to be on the set list again (complete with Nepheria wielding her whip). If KTR is up for it, maybe we could coordinate a special brewing of 151 Lashes in conjunction!

Caltiki Brent
[/quote]

Brent, I will let him know.
Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-20 10:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-20 17:12, Lake Surfer wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-04-19 18:59, vintagegirl wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a way to walk from one side of the freeway to the other side from the Crowne Plaza. Like is there a pedestrian underpass or overpass somewhere? Or is driving the only way to get from one side to the other?

We stayed at the Vagabond Inn last year, at the Southeast end of the circle.

It was a bit of a walk from the Vagabond, anywhere from 20 -30 minutes each way. We used the underpass on the East end.

Like others have mentioned, there is an overpass on the West end. At least one side of Hotel Circle has a sidewalk.

Every year we partner with the Kings Inn across the Freeway. This is maybe a 15 min walk? or two minute drive, but many other Tiki Oasis guests stay there so you can either carpool with them or catch cabs together. kings Inn has a great coffeeshop called The Waffle Stop.
We also partner with the Comfort Inn which is just past the Hungry Hunter steakhouse (highly recommended for old school eating). This is on the same side as Crowne Plaza and would be less than a ten minute walk to Crowne Plaza.

I highly recommend staying at these hotels as I can vouch for the quality and the service. Some of the other hotels that are cheaper are real dives like the Motel 6 and the Super 8.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-21 12:47 am   Permalink

Got my plane tickets today, no turning back now. I've been trying to get some booth space, but they tell me booths are all sold out. Anyone need help manning their booth? I just need a small corner for some Tiki mugs and a few other items.
PLEASE!

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-21 12:54 pm   Permalink

Good times are a coming .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-21 3:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-20 18:58, kirby wrote:
Im not sure if it was already asked, But is there a planned car show this year??

I believe there is a car show on Saturday only this year. You may want to contact the organizers using the form on the "contact" page on the website. There is an option to select "Car Show" in the drop down menu so the message goes to the correct person.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-21 7:45 pm   Permalink

See you soon, Wendy and Dan

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-04-22 08:14 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-21 11:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-21 19:45, danlovestikis wrote:
Hey MauiTiki, here's how it's been done in the past. Take a color photo of your mug. Put the price on there with your room number and what time and day you will be there to sell. Hang the notice in the elevator. So take tape with you.

Sorry folks, vending out of your room is a violation of your hotel room rental agreement and a violation of my vending agreement with the hotel. If you post a flyer as mentioned above we will track you down and shut you down and we have the right to cancel your hotel room booking based on that violation.

If you wish to sell at Tiki Oasis you must have an official vending space.

If you wish to sell mugs to Wendy and Dan please contact them directly or publicly here and make private arrangements.

thanks for your understanding.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-22 6:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-21 23:11, Otto wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-04-21 19:45, danlovestikis wrote:
Hey MauiTiki, here's how it's been done in the past. Take a color photo of your mug. Put the price on there with your room number and what time and day you will be there to sell. Hang the notice in the elevator. So take tape with you.

Sorry folks, vending out of your room is a violation of your hotel room rental agreement and a violation of my vending agreement with the hotel. If you post a flyer as mentioned above we will track you down and shut you down and we have the right to cancel your hotel room booking based on that violation.

If you wish to sell at Tiki Oasis you must have an official vending space.

If you wish to sell mugs to Wendy and Dan please contact them directly or publicly here and make private arrangements.

thanks for your understanding.

Otto, thanks for your note. Sign me up for an official vending space! I don't need much room and am happy to share. Traveling from Maui is expensive so I hope to sell some cool Tiki items to help pay for my trip. Looking forward to meeting you.
-Rob

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-22 8:24 pm   Permalink

Well, I am booked and trying to work out all the details to make yet another trek to Oasis. I have only missed one and I soooooo regretted that year.

Should I say that nothing can keep me away for this two digit event?

10 years! Will this be the dawning of a new beginning?

Hummmmmm . . . .

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-22 8:46 pm   Permalink

OASIS 10 ~ Booked and ready to party! Can't wait to meet all you crazy people, Drink some great concoctions, listen to some awesome music, drink some more great concoctions....... C-ya In August!

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-23 3:47 pm   Permalink

Just a reminder to those who have already booked rooms and gotten tickets...

If you plan on having dinner at the Bali Hai restaurant on Thursday (Aug 19) before the official Tiki Oasis Event (which starts around 7pm), be sure to make dinner reservations directly with the Bali Hai. Their phone number is 619.222.1181. From our past TO experience, when you get the Bali Hai full of us Tiki Oasis goers, the kitchen and (especially) the bar gets bogged down, and dinner can easily take 1.5 hours for a party of 4. So be sure to give yourself enough time to drink, eat, and drink some more, before you join the Event downstairs.

We have our table booked for 5:15pm, party of 8!!

YeeHaw!
Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-23 6:01 pm   Permalink

is there going to be a shuttle bus option to Bali Hai this year? I kinda want to get that straightened out before I make my dinner reservations.

Any sketches of the official mug yet?

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation