FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-25 8:16 pm   Permalink

As a long-time Oasis attendee, I can honestly say Otto and Baby Doe truly put on the biggest Tiki extravaganza I have ever witnessed. It was so great to see old friends and make new ones too. And it was a lot of fun to have participated in a number of activities including pin-up modeling, the costume contest, go-go dancing for APE, and especially the Keep-a-Breast art show. A special thank you to my friend, Atomikitty, for joining me in most of these.

But most of all, I wanted to thank my sweetie-pie (Atomic Cocktail) for making me the loveliest costume I have ever had the pleasure to wear. It brought tears to my eyes when I first saw it put together. (Or as Charles Phoenix would say, "It made my spirit soar!")

We call it "The Look of Lava."

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-25 9:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-25 20:16, vintagegirl wrote:
As a long-time Oasis attendee, I can honestly say Otto and Baby Doe truly put on the biggest Tiki extravaganza I have ever witnessed. It was so great to see old friends and make new ones too. And it was a lot of fun to have participated in a number of activities including pin-up modeling, the costume contest, go-go dancing for APE, and especially the Keep-a-Breast art show. A special thank you to my friend, Atomikitty, for joining me in most of these.

But most of all, I wanted to thank my sweetie-pie (Atomic Cocktail) for making me the loveliest costume I have ever had the pleasure to wear. It brought tears to my eyes when I first saw it put together. (Or as Charles Phoenix would say, "It made my spirit soar!")

We call it "The Look of Lava."

Marsha, Chaz
You are truly fabulous
Thanks!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-25 9:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-23 17:11, congawa wrote:
Thanks to Otto, Baby Doe, all the volunteers and everyone who worked tirelessly this weekend to make everything go so smoothy--and making it such a fun weekend (do I really have to wait 365 whole days to do it again)?

And the Ding Dong Devils want to thank everyone who attended the DDD/Hell on Heels room party Saturday night, especially since audience-participation turned out to be a key element in the fun (unfortunately, I missed, and only heard later about somebody drinking champagne from Jolie Goodnight's metal washtub after she finished her champagne bath--a true Tallulah Bankhead x100 moment)! Huge thank yous to Martini BombsHELL and Hell on Heels, for everything they did to raise the energy to a higher level, to Michelle for the great Montanya Rum, and to our busy bartenders Christine, Rita and Leslie. We formed our band after being inspired by Tiki Oasis a couple of years ago, and a room party like this was something we only dreamed about!

Caltiki Brent

[ This Message was edited by: congawa 2010-08-23 17:11 ]

Brent
thanks for the totally rockin room party
ding dong devils delivered the goods!
and had the sexiest bartenders too! Who is that loveley Rita? OMG, every guy at the bar was vying for her attention, she must have been overwhelmed with conversation, but no, she was taking it all in stride!

[ This Message was edited by: congawa 2010-08-23 17:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: congawa 2010-08-23 17:12 ]

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vintage Roadside
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-25 11:58 pm   Permalink

Huge thanks to Otto & Baby Doe for all the hard work putting the shindig on! We had a blast again this year.

We also wanted to thank everyone that came to see us, along with our guest Marina, at our Aquarama symposium. We're honored to share these materials that haven't been seen and heard in over 40 years.

And thank you so much to everyone that came by our booth and took home a Vintage Roadside t-shirt or two!

Jeff & Kelly
Vintage Roadside

View Profile of Vintage Roadside Send a personal message to Vintage Roadside  Goto the website of Vintage Roadside     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-26 12:05 am   Permalink

Huge Mahalo's to Otto and Baby Doe, and all their helpers and volunteers.
I was prepared for it to be a huge turn out, and knew what to expect.
and I had a great time, and made as many events and bands as possible.

Thanks to those who hung out on Sunday for Tiki Tena's and My DJ set.
and thanks for the Kudos.
I will be back for sure next year.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-27 1:15 pm   Permalink

What a phenomenal weekend! Thanks to ALL of the folks who put the time and effort into the making of this spectacular. King Kukulele has proven his name and himself as the undisputed King of tiki entertainers, keeping the fest entertaining and on track for 10 years. Best bands, best room parties, best vending... I'm just in awe of the grand scale and smooth sailing of it all. Looking forward to next year.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-27 4:37 pm   Permalink

Finally back home!

I'd like to join everyone else in giving a HUGE mahalo to Otto and Baby Doe for a spectacular weekend. We've been pondering an Oasis trip for years, but the logistics of crossing the Pacific we so daunting that we were afraid the effort would be too great. Welp, it was worth it %1000! SO much fun, SO many great people, SO much aloha, and enough amazing art/artists to charge my creative batteries for the next 10 years (or at least until we head out to Oasis 11)!

My only complaint is that it was over so soon!
Cant wait to see everyone again next year -

Aloha -
Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-27 4:38 pm   Permalink

Loved meeting both of you. And LOVE the dress.

Quote:

On 2010-08-25 20:16, vintagegirl wrote:

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-27 9:05 pm   Permalink

Great great great time. I got to introduce 8 new people to the awesomeness that is Tiki Oasis. Thank you to all the organizers and volunteers. I think next year we're venturing into room parties.

There are too many highlights to mention, but a few were:
- Going to the Bali Hai for the first time (and 2nd on Sunday night).
- 2 sets by Tikiyaki
- Both of Martin Cate's symposiums
- Finally getting a Tiki tOny bird!
- Seeing APE perform
- and like 100 other things

It's been a week and I can still barely process it all. What I do know is I'm drinking from my Tiki Oasis 10 mug and remembering what a great time it was.

Assorted photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/heylownine/sets/72157624631272517/

I can't wait for next year,

kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-30 11:59 am   Permalink

Huge mahalos to Otto and Baby Doe for such a great weekend. Every year this thing just keeps getting better and more fun. I would also like to thank Heath for help with the go-go stages and Jim Giddings for his tireless work keeping the stage show running smooth. My family and I had a blast. Oh yeah, a personally fun highlight for me was DJ Lee stopping by the Finkniks booth with his Uke' where Lee, Sleestak and myself busted out some Black Flag covers. It's the little things that happen between people all weekend long that makes Tiki Oasis so perfect. I usually have at least one moment during the event where I get emotional thinking about how you can wedge 2000+ people into an event and 2000+ people can all be smiling and enjoying themselves. This was also my first chance to see Marie since the crash and if I had missed every single thing else that went on seeing her up and moving around with a smile would have been enough. Aloha to all.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 09:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-30 11:59, Matt Reese wrote:
This was also my first chance to see Marie since the crash and if I had missed every single thing else that went on seeing her up and moving around with a smile would have been enough. Aloha to all.

Hell Yeah!!

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 09:48 am   Permalink

LOOKING FOR THE WINNER.
If you picked up the magic post card somehwere at Oasis 10 then you are the winner of a Sophista-tiki Original.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 10:04 am   Permalink

Just reading through some of the previous posts on the page above me. I have to agree with so many things that were said. Seeing Marie out and about and in good spirits was heartwarming. Marsha's lava outfit was the tops of fabulousness. Seeing old friends and making a few new ones, the bands, the room parties. I enjoyed being able to participate in special events with contributions of art like The Keep a Breast Show ( Marsha was my model) and Tiki Kates auction. I especially love the fact that the winner of my piece from Kates auction was my neighbor Paul. I hand carried the print all the way down there on the plane and Paul carried it back up to Seattle just 2 blocks from its original location.
I would also like to add that although I did not vend this year, with all the great comments I recieved in person I will be vending next year.
Tiki Oasis is such a high of goodness it will take me through many months of gloomy winter here in Seattle. I cant wait for next year. Dawn

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Troll
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 11:30 am   Permalink

It was our first year (and first time west of the Mississippi) and it was an amazing event that we are so thankful we are a part of. Many thanks and appreciation to all of our new friends, and all of our customers that made a dream a reality.
DeTiki will be back next year- bigger and better! And with a whole new wardrobe the way I have been burning up Ebay.

We miss Cali already!

View Profile of Tiki-Troll Send a personal message to Tiki-Troll  Email Tiki-Troll     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-31 6:21 pm   Permalink

Tiki Oasis listening party tomorrow night!!
Wed, Sept 1
8pm til 1am
Forbidden Island

Featuring music I scored at Tiki Oasis. Kim Tsoy, and live music from Tiki Oasis 10!!

Live, in-person, Bob the Sound Wizard

Be the first to hear these live recordings!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation