FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki pray for Marie...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 )
pray for Marie...
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-03 6:44 pm   Permalink

Thinking of you today Marie and hope you are doing well. Hang in there!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-03 9:36 pm   Permalink

I know, the tick tock of the time this takes must be the hardest to deal with, the patience that requires. Don't get impatient, we will be there when you get out of broken bones jail, Marie! And are now, if you need anything.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-11 8:53 pm   Permalink

Tick tock...how is the patient progressing? Good thoughts heading your way!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-16 11:31 pm   Permalink

Thinking of you Marie and JONPAUL!
Hope everything is going well.
Talk soon.

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike and marie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-06 09:09 am   Permalink

Hey, it's been a year ... any updates??

We looked at the date at the start of the thread and wanted to say that we were in DTB for dinner about a week before this happened (almost to the day). We saw Marie at the bar but we'd left without stopping by to say hi, which we regret because that night she made us the hands-down best mai-tai we've ever had in our life. Seriously! Strong, refined, deeply amber, pointing tartly of lime, just super perfect. And come to think of it, she made the best Jungle Jetsetter we ever had too, but that goes without saying...

(We actually wonder what mai-tai recipe Marie was using because we were in the other night and their mai-tais are nothing at all like how she made 'em.)

View Profile of mike and marie Send a personal message to mike and marie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-03 02:16 am   Permalink

I just saw Marie and Jonpaul....In Hawaii....celebrating Marie's B-day a little R&R

First in line at the collector show

Aloha, Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-03 4:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the image Freddie. You made my day. So glad she's doing well.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JONPAUL
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-07 7:51 pm   Permalink

It's tough to look at this thread, but it has an overwhelmingly wonderful silver lining because of both Marie's survival and the incredible and loving response of support from the Tiki community!!!

It is with great joy that I am able to say that for one special night this coming Sunday, Marie King will once again return behind the bar as special guest mixologist at the Tonga Hut in North Hollywood!

It has been a long, difficult road of recovery, but she is doing amazingly well!
So well, in fact, that she's ready to get back behind the bar and work her magic, both creating and mixing some of the most delicious tropical libations in town!

I know it would really ignite her spirits and boost her progress if there were friends present on this special night for her.

Thanks so much for all of your support along the way, and we hope to see you on Sunday!

Sunday, February 12, 2012
3PM-8PM

The Tonga Hut
12808 Victory Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA 91606

JONPAUL
FIBERGLASS JUNGLE on Luxuria

View Profile of JONPAUL Send a personal message to JONPAUL  Goto the website of JONPAUL     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-07 8:30 pm   Permalink

What great news! maybe its time to change the title of this thread to something more hopeful?

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-02-07 8:45 pm   Permalink

(standing and applauding)

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-07 8:49 pm   Permalink

WOOOOT!!!!!

cheers,

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-07 8:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-06 09:09, mike and marie wrote:
Hey, it's been a year ... any updates??

We looked at the date at the start of the thread and wanted to say that we were in DTB for dinner about a week before this happened (almost to the day). We saw Marie at the bar but we'd left without stopping by to say hi, which we regret because that night---
>
>
she made us the hands-down best mai-tai we've ever had in our life. Seriously! Strong, refined, deeply amber, pointing tartly of lime, just super perfect. And come to think of it, she made the best Jungle Jetsetter we ever had too, but that goes without saying...
(We actually wonder what mai-tai recipe Marie was using because we were in the other night and their mai-tais are nothing at all like how she made 'em.)

Of course we all want to Go to this on Sunday to celebrate Marie's recovery.
But for me the paragraph above says it all,
and is also a great reason to go to the Tonga Hut this Sun.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation