FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge I Am Tired Of...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
I Am Tired Of...
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-28 4:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-28 10:18, woofmutt wrote:
News and talk shows telling us we can follow them on Twitter or be their friends on Facebook.

We know. We have computers. Also, you're really not as important in our lives as you think you are. And you don't have to tell us we can follow you on Twitter at the end of every friggin show. Once a week is fine. Never is even better.

nice. i DO NOT GET TWITTER. twitter is very conceited and just plain dumb to me.

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-28 5:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-28 16:14, talo ka wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-04-28 10:18, woofmutt wrote:
News and talk shows telling us we can follow them on Twitter or be their friends on Facebook.

We know. We have computers. Also, you're really not as important in our lives as you think you are. And you don't have to tell us we can follow you on Twitter at the end of every friggin show. Once a week is fine. Never is even better.

nice. i DO NOT GET TWITTER. twitter is very conceited and just plain dumb to me.

And further - who CARES what people are doing that you don't know or care about?! Good grief - is there NOTHING private left in this world?!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-04-28 6:09 pm   Permalink

I am sick and tired of people that complain.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-28 6:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-28 18:09, Hakalugi wrote:
I am sick and tired of people that complain.

lol

I am sick and tired of people on forums who post -then post to answer their own post--then bump their own post--then post on that post some more....seriously no one gave a shit at post #1 so no one cares when you post 9 more times on the same thread.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-28 10:03 pm   Permalink

I am sick and tired of people on forums who post -then post to answer their own post--then bump their own post--then post on that post some more....seriously no one gave a shit at post #1 so no one cares when you post 9 more times on the same thread.

I disagree. Threads get lost, people miss them the first time, sometimes the person posing a question finds the answer elsewhere and wants to share, other people read them but really don't have anything to say and they don't want to be one of those "Ha-ha! Yes!" posters.

There are a lot of threads I'm glad the authors bumped up cuz I missed them the first time.

Sure, sometimes there are no comments cuz people really do think some amateur's recipe for a "Big Island Thunder Punch" made with Cool Whip, Kahlua, dark rum, coconut rum, and Coca-Cola* sounds disgusting.

But a lot of times there's just nothing to add. Does everyone who reads a newspaper write letters to the editor? No, most of them complain about the paper to their coworkers or their drinking buddies.

And that's why I say "Bump away!"

THE END

*I completely made this up, if it's similar to an actual drink I did not mean to suggest that someone who thought it up must have no sense of what goes into a good drink or has a rare disease which makes really horrid things taste yummy. That said, here's the recipe:

Big Island Thunder Punch

3 cups of
Cool Whip
1/2 cup Kahlua
1 cup of dark rum
1 cup of coconut flavored rum
20 oz of Coca-Cola
Ice

Put the Cool Whip, Kahlua, dark rum, and coconut rum in a punch bowl or pitcher. Use a wire whisk and mix until smooth and creamy. Slowly add the Coca-Cola, carefully stirring with the whisk to blend. Add ice and serve.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-29 12:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-28 22:03, woofmutt wrote:

I disagree. Threads get lost, people miss them the first time, sometimes the person posing a question finds the answer elsewhere and wants to share, other people read them but really don't have anything to say and they don't want to be one of those "Ha-ha! Yes!" posters.

There are a lot of threads I'm glad the authors bumped up cuz I missed them the first time.

Sure, sometimes there are no comments cuz people really do think some amateur's recipe for a "Big Island Thunder Punch" made with Cool Whip, Kahlua, dark rum, coconut rum, and Coca-Cola* sounds disgusting.

But a lot of times there's just nothing to add. Does everyone who reads a newspaper write letters to the editor? No, most of them complain about the paper to their coworkers or their drinking buddies.

And that's why I say "Bump away!"

THE END

Thanks Woofy,
and for those that don't like my posts.
do yourself a favor.
don't look at them.
simple.

I get thanks from people about posting events.
that makes it worth my and their while.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-29 12:48 pm   Permalink

GROG tired of not winning the lottery. Mega Millions is now at $224,000,000.

Come on baby!! GROG need a new pair of shoes!

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-29 2:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-29 12:48, GROG wrote:
GROG need a new pair of $224,000,000 shoes!

Damn! How big are your feet? Are they like super extra wide or something?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-02 10:49 am   Permalink

I am tired of so-called Street Art. I cancelled my Juxtapoz subscription because of this. Enough!

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-02 4:13 pm   Permalink

People going on and on about how bizarre Kentucky Fried Chicken's
Double Down "sandwich" is.

Oh my gawd! It's two pieces of boneless chicken and bacon and cheese! THAT'S INSANE!!! Unless it's served on a plate with a side of vegetables, potatoes, and a roll. Then it's called "the dinner special" and no one goes running around screaming about it.

But for all those who do like to freak out:

Oh my gawd! It's a hot dog...WITHOUT A BUN!!!

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-02 11:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-02 16:13, woofmutt wrote:

People going on and on about how bizarre Kentucky Fried Chicken's Double Down "sandwich" is.

Oh my gawd! It's two pieces of boneless chicken and bacon and cheese! THAT'S INSANE!!! Unless it's served on a plate with a side of vegetables, potatoes, and a roll. Then it's called "the dinner special" and no one goes running around screaming about it.

But for all those who do like to freak out:

Oh my gawd! It's a hot dog...WITHOUT A BUN!!!

Are they really complaining about the lack of buns or is it that it just looks disgusting - you actually have to look at what you're eating that has been nicely hidden between two dried out pieces of seedy-ass bread?

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-03 04:52 am   Permalink

I'm tired of commuting and monogrammed towels.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-03 06:53 am   Permalink

mmmmmmmm... meat inna tube ona stick. how can that be bad? may i have 1 please?

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-08 10:21 pm   Permalink

tired of the word EXTREME

and Ranch dressing
It's like a crutch for people
who can't just enjoy a food's flavor all by itself....
spoiled brats...

I'm also tired of lazy artists
who don't do the research
don't put in the time
don't make a point to inspire and help others
and expect great rewards for little input...
The trick is to expect NO reward
except the joy of creating....
You have a wonderful gift
push it to the fullest
Evolve your talent
start a wildfire....

That's all for now...

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-08 11:25 pm   Permalink

Agreed!

And I'm tired of whining artists who think the government owes them a cheap studio space and fat checks for crappy public art.

If you can't afford the rent wherever you happen to be do what tens of thousands of other artists have done in the past...Move somewhere else! Or friggin paint on your kitchen table. Or on the sidewalk.

If you can't make art because you aren't getting an incredibly underpriced studio space or selling giant yawns to City Hall for $30,000 please go work at McDonalds or Walmart cuz there are plenty of artists in the world.

Contrary to what the whiners and lamenters claim art is not an endangered and rare delicate flower which will die outside a government funded hothouse. ART HAPPENS!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation