FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge I Am Tired Of...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
I Am Tired Of...
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-25 4:37 pm   Permalink

American flags made in freakin' CHINA!!!!!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fres-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 03:09 am   Permalink

I'm tired of multi-tasking at work, of picking up the slack because of budget cuts, yet being asked to produce "more" in obvious disregard of those very cuts! However, I am not tired of being employed - I like money - so maybe I'll just shut up now.

View Profile of Fres-tiki Send a personal message to Fres-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 05:49 am   Permalink

I am tired of Thread Drift in on-line forums like this one.

If your going to derail a discussion thread, derail it. Do it right or don't do it at all. To just let a discussion drift slowly, ever farther away from the topic at hand is lazy almost to the point of being rude. Like Yoda says, "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

And in contrast to this threads topic, I love a good discussion thread derail. I find a great deal of entertainment when some little seed of a thought gets planted in a discussion, someone else picks up on it, and someone else runs with it in a completely new and apparently random direction...... good times.

What was the question? And who's making the next round?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 08:03 am   Permalink

I am tired of

Corporations updating their mascots
to make them look more "contemporary" or "hipper" or more "extreme"!

I mean...Lucky the Leprechaun used to be full-blown Irish
now he's this homogenized Anglo-lookin dude...

and Wheaties boxes with those stupid sports celebutards on the front
Don't know half of em
Could care less for any of em
I'm just trying to eat my breakfast
Don't shove Sports in my face,please!

What else....what else.....

People talking about LOST
I mean....you're not only wasting an hour or two each time
but add to that
the additional time TALKING and texting about it...
Whatever happened to a good book
At least a classic book won't cram Ads down your throat.....

And lastly...
the Gulf Oil Spill
It seems as if they WANT to kill the Gulf
and a bunch of us while they're at it...
that oil gives off benzene
benzene is bad...
And now they're using a poisonous chemical to
push the oil down below the waves
so everything looks fine and dandy...
It's still down there!
Choking the life out of the ENTIRE ecosystem!
I'm really tired of the incompetence
and subterfuge....

wow! that felt great!

NEXT!

www.KENRUZIC.COM is Open to the Public!
(Which i update every so often)
I'm on FaceBook too-Go cheggitout!)

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sparkle Mark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 08:28 am   Permalink

Big corporations buying up littler companies for their cool and unique products and branding and then crushing them out of existence.

View Profile of Sparkle Mark Send a personal message to Sparkle Mark  Goto the website of Sparkle Mark     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 12:33 pm   Permalink

I'm tired of religious fanatics running the world!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 1:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-26 12:33, beadtiki wrote:
I'm tired of religious fanatics running the world!

Couldn't that just be shortened to 'being tired of religious fanatics'? The ones that aren't running the world can be just as annoying.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 1:45 pm   Permalink

I never get tired of watching
this.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 1:46 pm   Permalink

I'm tired of people getting all self righteous against BP (sponsors of the current oil spill).

Corporations that wanna take the money and duck the blame are highly irritating and fun to laugh at when we see the film of their visits to Congress. But the blame game won't address the underlying issue: We like oil and oil causes problems once you bring it up from its quiet grave. The oil spills and similar crude related events are symptoms of our planet wide thirst for the black stuff.

It might feel good to join the "Boycott BP" Facebook page or start buying your gas at EXXON but unless one uses absolutely no products derived from crude oil it's kinda slightly hypocritical. (I also gotta wonder how long a personal BP boycott would last if fella's tank is on E and he's in a one station town and that station is BP. I can't imagine I'd hear this guy sayin "No, I will walk 50 miles to the next town and carry gas back to my car.")

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 1:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-26 13:45, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:

I never get tired of watching this.

Agreed.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 1:55 pm   Permalink

assholes that steal tiki carvings out of people's yards...

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 2:10 pm   Permalink

Radio stations using music for background or bumpers without giving credit to the artists.

Public radio is particularly bad about this. You'd think they'd be less likely to treat someone else's work as something to just spruce up their show. It wouldn't take much effort or time to just say "The Finches on Morning Edition." or "Belle & Sebastion at 8:20." It'd be fair to the artists and it'd be a service to the listeners who might like the music but don't want to spend 20 minutes navigating a radio website trying to find a credit for the song.

I imagine these radio shows wouldn't be so casual if someone were slicing up their commentaries and pieces to add filler to another show without giving on air credit.

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 2:28 pm   Permalink

The current Miracle Whip ad campaign.

The gist of it: If you use Miracle Whip you're unique, pert near a full blown rebel! You ain't no mayonnaise square...You crack the Whip!

From the Miracle Whip Facebook page...Be the sandwich spread's friend!

Maybe I'm extra annoyed cuz Miracle Whip is running ads on the My Space music player and the ads are loud and of poor sound quality. And really stoopid.

I know products feel they gotta flatter the hell outta their users. But somehow "Doin' the Dew" kinda makes sense, or the "Pepsi Generation," or even the claim that there was more for your life at Sears. But extreme sandwich spread? Maybe if it was Nutella. Miracle Whip? That's like extreme for grammas.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-26 4:27 pm   Permalink

Speaking of ad campaigns, I'm tired of the VW Slugbug campaign where they hit each other every time a Golf or Touareg passes by. The slugbug concept never encompased anything but the Beetle, not the bus, not the 412, not the Karmaan Ghia, not the Thing. Maybe it would traslate to the New Beetle, but saying "Slugbug" and hitting someone when you see a Passat is just stoopid.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 5:28 pm   Permalink

Yes! That VW campaign is...What's that word the kids use? Oh yeah, LAME!

However, I do like the color blind aspect of the white guy hitting the black guy and saying
"Black one!" It's nice that it could make it into an ad and not be an issue. Though I still gotta wonder if this conversation happened...

"We'll have to change the car's color!!!"

"But it's a black car in the ad! Can't we change the guy's color?"

"He's the only black person in the ad! We need to reach that demographic!"

"Maybe we can replace him with an ethnically ambiguos guy?"

"Then it will look like the two non-black guys are talking about black people!"

etc.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation