FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge I Am Tired Of...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
I Am Tired Of...
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-25 9:27 pm   Permalink

http://www.justinbiebermusic.com/

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-04 03:12 am   Permalink

Tiki Jeep! bejesus it's an oxymoron,WTF! if it was carved out of palm,then maybe? just maybe!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-04 06:05 am   Permalink

I'm tired of being awake.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-07 1:11 pm   Permalink

Bright light in restaurants and bars.

I was just pouring over some Yelp reviews of Seattle area joints and the one complaint I kept coming on was "dark" or "basement like" or 'Oh and the lighting is still pretty dim."

Hey all you light seeking hothouse pod people: Over 95% of the restaurants and bars in the world are ablaze with natural and artificial light every hour they're open. If a windowless joint is too dark for you why not head to a Cheesecake Factory or TGI Friday's or Olive Garden? I'm sure you're gonna like them a lot better. (In fact, when you're at the Olive Garden you're family!)

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-07 8:26 pm   Permalink

TV, cell phones and movie camera angles or speakers or scenes changing every 8 seconds or less.

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-07 8:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-07 20:26, Haole Jim wrote:
TV, cell phones and movie camera angles or speakers or scenes changing every 8 seconds or less.

Welcome to the era of Instant gratification,where the kids are not alright,yea! ADD!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-07 9:35 pm   Permalink

The term "Nazi" being used so flippantly.

Call them Tiki Snobs, Tiki Purists, Tiki Bullies, Tiki Douchebags, etc.

"Tiki Nazi" makes me cringe.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-07 9:41 pm   Permalink

I am proud to be called all those things! (except Nazi)

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-08 4:34 pm   Permalink

TVs in stores advertising stuff.

At Albertson's the bastards have TV monitors right at ear and eye level at the checkout stands. Checking out of a grocery store is already annoying enough. Please leave TV blah-blah-blah out of it.

They even have a damned TV in the most peaceful part of the grocery store: The produce section. Now when I'm trying to pick between red, white, or yellow onions I have to hear some TV actor wannabe give me some great ways to use avocados. (Did you know you can slice them and put them on a hamburger? OH MY GAWD!!! SO awesome!)

(This rant was inspired by Ms S's comments below as I moved my fruitcake joke rant to a
more appropriate thread.)

[ This Message was edited by: woofmutt 2010-12-10 22:21 ]

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-08 4:36 pm   Permalink

people who talk on the phone in the grocery store

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-08 5:11 pm   Permalink

(What was here was s'posed to be up there where it now is. It probably doesn't matter that I removed a post I also made in another thread but I like to try and keep things neat and pretty when it comes to my posts.)

[ This Message was edited by: woofmutt 2010-12-10 22:21 ]

drgoat456
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-10 12:29 pm   Permalink

Not being able to watch a movie or show without the TV station logo staring at me the whole time......or advertising what's up next in those cute animated ads that play while you're trying to watch something.

View Profile of drgoat456 Send a personal message to drgoat456  Email drgoat456     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-09 10:53 pm   Permalink

"This isn't your father's/mother's/grandfather's/grandmother's ____________!"

Hey advertisers and news yackers! Just because that tag line worked once doesn't make it the go to phrase for every discussion or selling of a revamped product. It's well worn out and stupid and though it probably could still be kicked in the guts for a few more laughs it's unlikely you're capable of pulling that off.

And if you're trying to sell us something you should keep in mind what product used that line most effectively (Oldsmobile) and where that product is now (dead).

So when I hear "This isn't your father's deep penetrating cuticle relaxer!" I immediately think of Oldsmobile, a brand that never really shook off its association with the ancient past and eventually disappeared into it, and then I assume your product is similar to Oldsmobile and your time is past.

capheind
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-10 5:43 pm   Permalink

Modern Hipsters

PBR is crap
High Life is crap.
That Indie band that only YOU are hip to is unknown because their music is terrible.
its OK to be a nerd, stop pretending its ironic.
You don't have an individual fashion sense, your a grown man who can't dress himself.
The man who put that PBR tattoo on your arm spent the rest of the day laughing at you, not with you, at you.
Planting grass in your living room wasn't an "Art Project" it was stupid.
There is no such thing as an "Art Project" an "Art Experiment" or any other justification for calling some random thing you did while high art.

Stop giving the hipsters of yore a bad name.

View Profile of capheind Send a personal message to capheind      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-10 7:45 pm   Permalink

I am tired of 'There's an App for that.'

One - I don't have a cell phone.
Two - I don't need to know at any and all hours of the day whatever it is your App is supposed to tell me.
Three - When you say "There's an App for that" the only thing I can think of is your selling suppositories.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation