FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » I Am Tired Of...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
I Am Tired Of...
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-11 12:18 am   Permalink

Am Tired Of...

Bong farting in the elevaters right before he gets out.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-17 09:28 am   Permalink

"Combined!"

When advertisers say their product is proven better in some way than Competitor #1, Competitor #2, Competitor #3, Competitor #4, and Competitor #N ... COMBINED!

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-18 12:03 am   Permalink

A question is asked in an ad or speech...

What really makes a house a home?

Then multiple answers are suggested...

Is it security? Acceptance? Warmth? Laughter?

Then this answer is given:

We think it's all of these things.

Wha-? The answer is "All of the above"??? I totally did not see that coming! I thought you were about to reveal the one true thing that makes that thing you were talking about the thing that it is! But you cleverly showed me it's not just one thing...It's many things all at once! Brilliant! Bravo! Call the Nobel Prize committee!

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trailerpark Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-18 5:46 pm   Permalink

I like White Zombie and Rob Zombie.

I hate banks and credit card companies that lie to you and say that going into debt is "priceless."

I hate politicians that lie straight to your face and think you are too stupid to know the truth.

I like Ron Paul.

I too hate corporate America that makes us all work harder for less pay in the name of a "Recession."

I hate CEO's that make millions while the poor saps on the front lines take pay cuts and now have to do the job of three people.

I love my backyard tiki bar that I can escape all of this crap!

[ This Message was edited by: Trailerpark Tiki 2011-05-18 17:48 ]

View Profile of Trailerpark Tiki Send a personal message to Trailerpark Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-19 3:27 pm   Permalink

“The Wrecking Crew”

Or, that’s at least MY name for them.

These are the muscle heads at the gym who all have very fresh tatts going up and down their huge arms, some vague sort of Asian writing or letters usually….these guys seriously want you to notice them, very badly want you to notice them, feel inadequate if you don’t notice them!

Therefore, they have to slam the weights around. Dropping 300 pounds from 5 feet in the air so the whole gym floor shudders and we are all reminded of their awesome strength and power….

They have to grunt and yell at each repetition, so again, we are reminded of their awesome strength and power!

They spend 3-4 hours in the gym every day. Doesn’t look like they have any job or anything, but they have the time to burn!

They always have the wool cap pulled down low over their foreheads, to look cool I guess….and they strut around in front of the mirror, so proud of utterly devastating the weights. Ear buds are always on their ears, but I wonder what type of music they listen too. Probably not Mozart, but I could be wrong.

I see them out in the parking lot some times. All own very big trucks. 4-wheel drive trucks. Lifters. Cartoon of either a pitbull on the back window or a raider’s sticker.

The wrecking crew never smiles. They always look sort of upset. They like to chew gum. They only wear shirts that say "tap out" or some other MMA type slogan. The wrecking crew always refer to each other as "dawg" and like to use the phrase "You know what I'm saying?" a lot. The wrecking crew wishes they could be on "Jersey Shore", but since they are not eye-talian, they are ineligible.

Everything about these guys is big and noisy. They pass through life generating a very big wake, and all the little boats get tossed around in the currents behind them.

Can someone please explain this to me?

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ This Message was edited by: Lucas Vigor 2011-05-19 15:39 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-20 1:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-19 15:27, lucas vigor wrote:
“The Wrecking Crew”

Everything about these guys is big and noisy. They pass through life generating a very big wake, and all the little boats get tossed around in the currents behind them.

[ This Message was edited by: Lucas Vigor 2011-05-19 15:39 ]

Lucas:

Very, very well put. Happens here where I work out as well.

I do have to disagree about the "big wake". Actually, their wake is kinda small and in the end, they are nothing more than insignificant parts of the faceless masses that make up the back lot of America.

This is the BEST that they can do. This is their high-water mark.

When they are gone, no one will specifically miss them.

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-20 2:35 pm   Permalink

M Modern Gallery....

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2011-05-20 22:26 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-20 5:14 pm   Permalink

I SO HATE TV.

It's become embarrassing to even watch anything new with someone you know. Hi, would you like to watch the show with ugly fat guys yelling at each other or C girls pretending to be hot? No, I don't have any barf bags. And don't get me started on the "music" shows.

BUT -

Here's the thing - anybody seen the 2006 English show "Life On Mars"? It's pretty cool, and designed as a retro-70's show in every way. It's really weird, I take out DVDs of it from a local video store. They only made 2 seasons of it, 8 episodes each!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-20 6:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-20 17:14, Cammo wrote:
I SO HATE TV......anybody seen the 2006 English show "Life On Mars"?

Wife and I watched it Cam. It was good.

I Am Tired Of... good shows being canceled!
The Chicago Code (best cop show since The Shield except no cursing and no tits)
Terriers (took place here in SD, O.B 2B specific)
The Unit (great specops/seal team kinda show)
The Shield, The freakin Shield? That was "bite your nails to your shoulders" action & drama!
I never saw Lie to Me (had Tim Roth).
Shawn Ryan has some bad luck with his shows!!

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-12 12:44 pm   Permalink

Is it just me, or is the world getting more stupid and slow every day?

I just got done at the market. They have an "express" checkout line. Believe me, there is nothing express about it. I was in that line for ten minutes.

I watch the customers, questioning every item's price...even though all the items are marked with their price...I see people slowly pulling out pennies and nickles and painstakingly counting them out, then handing them to the cashier. The cashier looks stupidly at them, they look even more befuddled. Of course, they have not given him the right amount. So, the hand goes back in the wallet or coin purse, and the entire process begins anew.

The checker himself, a young kid, looks like he is frozen in amber. Or at least, he moves like he is. There is no sense of urgency. Watching him get a customer's change is like watching ice freeze.

All in all, it seems like the simplest activities are TOO MUCH for these people. They are content to spend endless amounts of times engaging in processes that should be completely quickly. It's ten minutes of my life I cannot get back. And before you say, "relax Lucas, it's only ten minutes"...I will answer "yes, but you add all the 10 minutes together and 90% of your day is spent waiting in line, or in traffic because that light turns green, and you are at the back of a long train of 10-15 cars...and NO ONE is moving!"

I am starting to really identify with that guy in the movie, "falling down".

For the record, my transaction at that register took about 12 seconds.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-12 1:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-20 13:07, telescopes wrote:
Quote:

“The Wrecking Crew”

Lucas:

I do have to disagree about the "big wake". Actually, their wake is kinda small and in the end, they are nothing more than insignificant parts of the faceless masses that make up the back lot of America.

Guys, that's just hardcore gym culture...

Attitude = Testosterone = Performance = Gains

I work out at Gold's in Venice which is "Meathead" and "Fitness Chick" Central. Most of those people are actually pretty friendly if you chat with them or need a spot.

My favorite places to be are either in the gym or at the bar.

My role models in life are gym rats and bar flys.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-12 7:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-12 12:44, lucas vigor wrote:
All in all, it seems like the simplest activities are TOO MUCH for these people. They are content to spend endless amounts of times engaging in processes that should be completely quickly. It's ten minutes of my life I cannot get back. And before you say, "relax Lucas, it's only ten minutes"...I will answer "yes, but you add all the 10 minutes together and 90% of your day is spent waiting in line, or in traffic because that light turns green, and you are at the back of a long train of 10-15 cars...and NO ONE is moving!"

For the record, my transaction at that register took about 12 seconds.

Henry Rollins mentions simular people in his monologue
Airport Hell. He calls these people Time Murderers.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-12 8:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-12 13:40, JOHN-O wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-05-20 13:07, telescopes wrote:
Quote:

“The Wrecking Crew”

Lucas:

Guys, that's just hardcore gym culture...

Attitude = Testosterone = Performance = Gains

I work out at Gold's in Venice which is "Meathead" and "Fitness Chick" Central. Most of those people are actually pretty friendly if you chat with them or need a spot.

My favorite places to be are either in the gym or at the bar.

My role models in life are gym rats and bar flys.

Like "muscled up Bukowski's" ? a drink for all my Gym friends!

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dewey-surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-13 7:08 pm   Permalink

Today's Country Music. Particulary Toby Keith who has the worst voice on the radio, Tim McGraw who should be delivering pizzas, and Kenny Chesney who has become a younger, balder version of Jimmy Buffett with a twang.

View Profile of dewey-surf Send a personal message to dewey-surf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-13 11:23 pm   Permalink

This seems like a place to post ridiculous quotes from advertising -

"It's a fact that childen who sleep better might perform better in school"

"... is the exclusive dealer for brands that can't be bought anywhere else in the Valley" (yes, that's what I thought "exclusive" meant)

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation