FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-24 2:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys .... I think I'm going to tackle that ten footer that split in two ... after cleaning them up, they are now two seven footers! They were cracked and split in a few places! I'm going to do one of them with faces of the four Hawaiian gods, Kane, Lono, Ku and Kanaloa .... And, Surf ... he is hooked, now if I can just teach him how to scrape the bark off some logs then he would earn his keep!

Have a Great Day!

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-24 4:38 pm   Permalink

You teach him how to do that, and I'll send all my logs out to ya! Charge money, and make a fortune!!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-26 2:51 pm   Permalink

Love the color...nice job!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-29 6:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-01-23 08:45, NIxxon wrote:
That came out great Capt, excellent work on the multicolor stain job too. I know how that can be trying to keep the colors from running into places where you don't want them. Excited to see whats next!

I agree! I really the contrast of color

View Profile of Grand Poobah Send a personal message to Grand Poobah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-30 5:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys for the compliments ... I hit the stains with a tiny brush so it doesn't run so much ... it still tries to bleed sometimes, but the more I do the better I get ...

Finished up another quick one. A two and half footer with the Florida teeth and just burned and poly'd .. no stain on this one .... I'll post the finished tiki tomorrow, it got too dark out there for a final picture!

Thanks for stopping ..... I need to drop the chisels for a week or so and finish writing a novel ... the natives are getting impatient waiting to see how the story ends!! I'll be back!!!

Have a Great Day!

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-31 5:54 pm   Permalink

Finished pics of the big mouth .... and a shot of the last three tikis all together .... I'm anxious to get started on the next one ...(after a week of writing!)

Thanks for stopping and Have a Great Day!

CJ Tropical Tiki FACEBOOK page

openingdaymedia.net

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-17 10:53 am   Permalink

Cool! Finally finished that last book ... now it's tiki carving time!

Started on a couple wall mounts of the four Hawaiian gods ... this first one will be Kane and Kanaloa .... the other one will be Ku and Lono ..

... and if anyone uses a Kindle or a Kindle app on their PC, the first book of my trilogy is free for the next 5 days ..

here is the link ....

http://www.amazon.com/Grinzleville-The-Grullings-Adventure-ebook/dp/B002OHD1SA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329504467&sr=8-2

openingdaymedia.net

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-20 11:50 am   Permalink

Finished up this wall hanging of Kane and Kanaloa, all but the poly coat, (even tried my hand at adding a little hibiscus at the top!). The other half of the set will be Lono and Ku ...

openingdaymedia.net

richie6
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-21 1:53 pm   Permalink

Big Mouth is my favorite. Great Job!

View Profile of richie6 Send a personal message to richie6      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-21 5:45 pm   Permalink

Nice! How much time do have into it?

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-22 6:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-21 13:53, richie6 wrote:
Big Mouth is my favorite. Great Job!

Thanks Richie!! That one was fun to carve!

openingdaymedia.net

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-22 6:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-21 17:45, McTiki wrote:
Nice! How much time do have into it?

Mahalo

McTiki

Hi McTiki ..... the Kanaloa/Kane took around ten hours of chop time, more or less .... I finished up the other half of the set, Lono and Ku, which took about the same amount of time. They are stained and ready for poly. I'm going to mount them on some bamboo pieces so they stand out from the wall. For now, here is where they stand:

openingdaymedia.net

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-22 8:43 pm   Permalink

Capt
Way cool

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-23 11:36 am   Permalink

Thanks Hang10 ..... mounted the bamboo brackets so they will stand out from the wall and put a coat of poly on them so they are finished. Now on to the other half of this log (this is that long sucker that was in the Jeep ... it was split in half)....

openingdaymedia.net

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 11:01 am   Permalink

Well those last two wall tikis sold before the poly was dry! SO I started the next wall tiki ... this is a 5 and half foot triple Tangaroa. Left and right profiles for the top and bottom and a face front tang for the middle. Here's a couple progress shots:

openingdaymedia.net

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation