FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 1:47 pm   Permalink

WooHoo!! Banner is here! .... and the T-shirts are here too! Time to carve some tikis!

Thanks for stopping and Have a Great Day!

CJ Tropical Tiki FACEBOOK page

openingdaymedia.net

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-25 1:42 pm   Permalink

Strong work Capt...those all look fantastic.

The sign looks great as well

View Profile of NIxxon Send a personal message to NIxxon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-27 11:34 am   Permalink

Thanks NIxxon ..... I got some more carving done on the Tang trio ....

Thanks for Stopping and Have a Great Day!

The whole thing:

The top Tang:

The middle Tang:

... and the bottom Tang:

openingdaymedia.net

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-27 1:54 pm   Permalink

yeah man, I'm likin' it!

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-27 3:24 pm   Permalink

Great idea capt. That's gona be a good one

View Profile of NIxxon Send a personal message to NIxxon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-27 5:05 pm   Permalink

Oh my goodness....will these be full 360 or as we see them now? Awesome endeavor sir. Very nice concept. Diggin it fully!

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-27 7:58 pm   Permalink

Thanks Guys!

This one is only half of the log .... this is the other half of the two wall pieces I did earlier. I found that big old log and was very disappointed to find it was split down the middle after I de-fronded it. But it did turn out three decent pieces so that was cool. The Tang trio would look great as a full 360 log, maybe I'll do one like that some day ...

Thanks again and Have a Great Day!

openingdaymedia.net

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-29 11:33 am   Permalink

Just about done with this trio ... pulled out the soldering iron and did some tattoo work ... I swear all three of them cringed when I got to burning their you-know-whats!

the three Tangs:

... and the whole wall tiki after the dark stain behind the Tangs:

I'm just leaving the Tangs natural but for the tattoo burns ... the poly coat will bring out some color .. Just the poly and the bamboo hanging brackets left to do and this one is done!

openingdaymedia.net

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-29 12:16 pm   Permalink

Tang tang tang
Like like like

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-29 6:20 pm   Permalink

Thanks Hang10 ..... I'm calling this bad boy done! Now time to knock out some bone pendants!

openingdaymedia.net

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-01 7:56 pm   Permalink

Finished up this bone pendant .... started a Lono to work on tomorrow ...

openingdaymedia.net

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-11 07:31 am   Permalink

Took a break and went to watch some spring training ..... now it's back to work!

Finished up this little Lono pendant ... still have a few bones to do but am stoked about some new logs I found so might just jump back into some bigger stuff!

openingdaymedia.net

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-11 09:31 am   Permalink

I guess the project for today is to build a new carving horse! This 6 footer was just a bit too much for the rickety old thing!

openingdaymedia.net

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-11 10:31 am   Permalink

Whoa! Haha, that sucks. I think you can rebuild it. Better. Faster. Stronger.. Great new sign too.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-11 3:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks 'T' .... for you or anyone else who is thinking of marketing your work, I got that banner from Vistaprint ... the wife got a Groupon deal for $70 worth of goods for $17 ... so I went for it and got that and the T-shirts .... for $17.00!!!

...The rebuild of the carving horse lost momentum when the Ryobi batteries went dead .... so I finished up a shorty version of the BIG MOUTH .... for some reason that tiki has become a favorite so I'm making a few smaller versions ... this is 12 inches high ...

openingdaymedia.net

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation