FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-12 08:19 am   Permalink

You're killing me with the big white Chicklets.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-13 8:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-12 08:19, AlohaStation wrote:
You're killing me with the big white Chicklets.

It's funny how the most obnoxious tikis are the ones people want the most .... oh well, gotta do what the customer's want!

.....so, not much carving the last few days ... had a guy call with a few freshly cut logs ... very heavy (damn near killed me loading them), so I pushed the Jeep to get them home .... ended up with 5 nice 5 to 6 foot logs and 3 end table size logs ....

... and as I was driving away .... slowly as to not blow the shocks and snap the springs, I glanced at the field to my right and saw a pile of palms down the hill ... Upon further investigation, .... A GOLDMINE of nicely dried logs!

.... My 50 year old bones could only snag seven logs before screaming for ibuprofen, but they are a nice lot .... can't wait to get choppin! .... (oh, and I promised the Jeep a fresh change of oil for all the "heavy lifting" the last couple of days....

CJ Tropical Tiki FACEBOOK page

openingdaymedia.net

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-15 12:42 pm   Permalink

NICE SCORE! It is strange how most people do love the big, goofy white smiles and yet the more "knowledgable" tiki fans despise them. I can't say much because I'm guilty of pandering to the masses as well. Looking forward to seeing what's next. CARVE DEEP!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-15 1:27 pm   Permalink

Nice score! Hope u at least had a dolly/hand cart with you.

Quote:

On 2012-03-15 12:42, AlohaStation wrote:
NICE SCORE! It is strange how most people do love the big, goofy white smiles and yet the more "knowledgable" tiki fans despise them. I can't say much because I'm guilty of pandering to the masses as well. Looking forward to seeing what's next. CARVE DEEP!

Yeah, can't blame ya. i think if i had masses to pander to, i would pander also.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-15 4:22 pm   Permalink

You're carving Pander Bears!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-15 6:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-15 13:27, TheBigT wrote:
Nice score! Hope u at least had a dolly/hand cart with you.

Quote:

On 2012-03-15 12:42, AlohaStation wrote:

Yeah, can't blame ya. i think if i had masses to pander to, i would pander also.

Thanks 'T' ... no dolly or carts for these .... they were down a slope in the middle of a field so it was carrying them one by one up to the Jeep! .... It's definitely a labor of love with this tiki carving gig ..

... hey, at least the cats are happy with the new stack!

... yea, Aloha, it is turning out to be a balance between traditional stuff, which some people really love because of the history, and the 'tourist' stuff with the BIG TEETH and funky bods ..... so, that being said ..... the last two days have been spent carving one for the 'tourists' ...

This is one of the 6-footers .... and yes, it's going to be a BIG MOUTH! .... a 'shaka' BIG MOUTH!

.... Pander Bears! ..... Don't mention "Pander Bears" ... or they'll be putting in orders for carved marsupials ... (Is a panda a marsupial?) .... next thing ya know they'll be wanting a carving of a bear with a salmon in it's mouth!!

Thanks for stopping and Have a Great Day!!

openingdaymedia.net

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-19 2:46 pm   Permalink

Got quite a bit of carving done on this Shaka BIG MOUTH .... we had a cold rain storm come through which sucks for getting any carving done! I don't work well when I can't feel my hands!

Should be sanding this big guy tomorrow ...

... of course, taking a break from carving means I have time to clean up a couple logs! Good Times!

Thanks for stopping and Have a Great Day!

openingdaymedia.net

canyonlaketiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-21 2:57 pm   Permalink

Cool looking group of work you got there. Keep up the good work. I thought I saw some dust flying around over that way. Ha Ha! Tiki Stan.

View Profile of canyonlaketiki Send a personal message to canyonlaketiki  Goto the website of canyonlaketiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-21 3:29 pm   Permalink

nice work Jack...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-21 5:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks neighbor! Yep, that cloud of sawdust over Newport Road was all mine!

Thanks Jeff ..... this big boy is now done ..... I'm inspired by your Tahitians so may try to put my spin on one of those next ....

Here is the finished 'shaka' BIG MOUTH! .... just waiting for a sunburned tourist in a Hawaiian shirt to buy him up!

openingdaymedia.net

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-23 10:58 am   Permalink

New log started ..... Moai ...

openingdaymedia.net

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-28 5:06 pm   Permalink

Finally finished carving this Moai .... took a lot longer than I thought it would! A little more sanding and color and it's done!

openingdaymedia.net

NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-28 5:49 pm   Permalink

Nice score on the logs bro, And dang have you been busy!! Everything is looking great. Keep up the good work.

View Profile of NIxxon Send a personal message to NIxxon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-28 8:10 pm   Permalink

the Moai looks great! I like !

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-29 3:45 pm   Permalink

Thanks NIxxon and skootiki .... the moai is stained and sparred ...

Got everybody together for a team photo .....

openingdaymedia.net

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation