FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-29 5:10 pm   Permalink

Nice carves. Diggin the details on the Moai!

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-29 7:45 pm   Permalink

Big guy turned out pretty kool I reckon Capt,sweet haul of logs aswell. you guys are kill'n me with all that
sweet palm wood.

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-03 09:49 am   Permalink

Very nice moai.

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-04 8:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks McTiki, Watango and Clarita!! I appreciate the compliment from such talented artists!

.... now that the moai is done it's back to a 'tourist' style tiki .... (gotta keep the balance between 'traditional' and 'tourist' ....!) So ..... I finished up another 'tourist' tiki .... this is the hula version of the ever popular BIG MOUTH! ... A hula, fishin dude! (Including a hand carved bone fish hook!)

.... also started on some signs to sell to the 'less-then-traditional' lovers of tiki ..... these signs will be framed in bamboo .....

Thanks for stopping and Have a Great Day!

CJ Tropical Tiki FACEBOOK page

openingdaymedia.net

[ This Message was edited by: Captain Jack 2012-04-04 20:57 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Captain Jack 2012-04-04 20:58 ]

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-09 08:15 am   Permalink

There must be something about tiki carving that makes the birds want to build their nests and have their babies nearby! I remember Buzzy posting pics of nesters in his work area and now we have two at the bar out back where I carve!

There are the finches up above the palapa .....

.... and now a pair of doves have moved in behind the pirate!

openingdaymedia.net

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-09 08:18 am   Permalink

BBQ at Captain Jacks!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-09 09:29 am   Permalink

Come on down!! .... although, I wouldn't recommend sitting at the stool on the left ... that's the "drop zone"!

...got started on a couple end tables and/or plant stands today ... hope to mow through these two in a couple days and then jump into a hefty Ku that is just waiting for my attention!

Thanks for stopping and Have a Great Day!!

openingdaymedia.net

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-11 6:27 pm   Permalink

All done with these two end tables/plant stands ..... they are part of the "tourist" style of tikis but since I've already had 3 people want to buy them I guess that's cool! I'm anxious to start on a 3 and half foot Ku I have waiting but after seeing Jeff's gray stained moai, I might knock one of those out real quick!

The two tables and their backs .... 16 inches tall and a foot wide ...

Both have this tropical pattern on the top ...

openingdaymedia.net

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-11 6:42 pm   Permalink

here's a little tip...

get an inch & a half forstner bit for your drill with about a foot or 2 extension and drill 5 holes in the top about 8 inches deep and WA-LA! it's a fishing rod holder....and the fishing guys lose their shit for 'em (especially with a fish relief instead of a tiki)....

here's one I did for a buddy...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-11 6:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-04-11 18:42, pjc5150 wrote:
here's a little tip...

get an inch & a half forstner bit for your drill with about a foot or 2 extension and drill 5 holes in the top about 8 inches deep and WA-LA! it's a fishing rod holder....and the fishing guys lose their shit for 'em (especially with a fish relief instead of a tiki)....

here's one I did for a buddy...

Great Idea, Jeff!! I love that piece! I took your advice on the plant stand/planter suggestion and sure as shit, people are jumping on these things!!

openingdaymedia.net

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-11 7:16 pm   Permalink

good deal bro. glad I could be helpful!

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-12 7:14 pm   Permalink

I know most folks in this community scoff at the touristy crap, but it certainly pays the bills! I have orders for three sets of those tables now! Oh well, it beats punching a time clock and packing a lunch bucket ....

... but they'll have to wait, right now I am stoked to get started on this Ku that has been waiting patiently ... it's about 3 feet and is a nice chunky log .... Can't wait to dig into this guy some more!

a couple progress shots of the little fella ...

... quick pattern drawn on:

.... and a couple hours of work on the body:

openingdaymedia.net

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-13 10:36 am   Permalink

Got in a few chops this morning before the rain ... so far so good .... no rot and I haven't screwed anything up yet ....

openingdaymedia.net

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-13 11:07 am   Permalink

dude!

that is a great draw-out & start. steppin it up on this one I see...very nice!

Please don't paint his teeth white! lol...just bustin' yer balls...

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-13 12:24 pm   Permalink

Thanks! I'm anxious to keep going on this guy .... and no white teeth on this guy! Even if a customer requests it!

Mrs. Dove took off for a minute so I grabbed a quick pic of her nest .... The doves and the finches seem to like the chop, chop, chop of the mallet on chisels!

openingdaymedia.net

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation