FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-03 2:45 pm   Permalink

Damm wrong thread!

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-04 8:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys!! I appreciate the feedback .... So on to the next one .... this is the whimsical one, I'm calling him the "heads up tiki!" ....

.... this one is a break from the traditional stuff .... I hope I can pull it off!

... and fishin Friday turned out to be quite fun today! I started a little Lono and caught some fish .... so that was cool ...

.... but the best part was when my little friend Emily wanted to carve! She is a natural! She threw that 18 ounce mallet around like it was a feather! I'm very proud of her ...! And she asked for her own log so she can carve her own tiki!

Thanks for stopping and Have a Great Day!

CJ Tropical Tiki FACEBOOK page

openingdaymedia.net

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-04 10:33 pm   Permalink

Nice!

dude I could go for some fried up bass with some hushpuppies & a big bottle of vinegar right about now...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-06 07:54 am   Permalink

So a friend of mine tells me yesterday that he wants his fan palms taken out before they get too big and unmanageable ... he hates them! Then he decides he wants tikis carved into them... So I might be stripping these two down and carving into them ... he pretty much wants them dead! I'm not to cool with carving into the live ones, but if he is going to chop them down anyway then I might as well make some nice art for his yard ....

I figured I'll take off the top 3 feet of the short one and maybe five feet off the top of the tall one, strip them down and then figure out what to carve ...

openingdaymedia.net

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-14 10:29 am   Permalink

Wow! Been a while since I posted here .... had to dig way deep on this list to even find my thread!

Some more work on the lono ... trying to hit some detail on this one that I haven't tried before. This log is nice and compact and carves like hardwood so hopefully the tiny details will not chip off ...

I'm off to Maui next week to swim with the fishes .... going to take my tools with me and try to find a banyan log to carve. Gonna see if there might be an impromptu chop chop going on at the beach and join in with some local carvers .... or maybe I'll be the one to start one up!

Thanks for stopping and Have a Great Tiki Day!

openingdaymedia.net

Atomic Mess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-15 09:21 am   Permalink

Looks like this is going to be a winner.

View Profile of Atomic Mess Send a personal message to Atomic Mess  Goto the website of Atomic Mess     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-15 09:33 am   Permalink

That last one you shot is going to be very nice!

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-15 11:04 am   Permalink

Good things in the works. I'm looking forward to seeing Emily's thread.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-15 5:02 pm   Permalink

HA HA, I wonder what the airport security's gonna be thinking when they see your carving tools!!!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-16 07:55 am   Permalink

Thanks guys ... and Emily is already on to something else ... Nine-year-olds! Attention span of a gnat!

Yea, Seeks .... I can see them now .... "Scuba gear, .... bottle of Captain Morgan,.... and a mallet and chisels! ... this guy is going to party!"

openingdaymedia.net

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-17 09:46 am   Permalink

Did some more work on the "Heads Up" tiki ..... I decided to nix the Xed out eyes ... he's lost his head, he's not drunk! ... (If this all seems like deja vu that's cause I posted the same thing on facebook!)

Thanks for stopping and Have a Great Day!

openingdaymedia.net

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-17 6:27 pm   Permalink

HA! He looks pretty happy about it Capt.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-17 7:54 pm   Permalink

Heads up n off
Kool

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-25 8:44 pm   Permalink

Nice Work Cap'n Jack!

View Profile of Sunset Mike Send a personal message to Sunset Mike  Email Sunset Mike Goto the website of Sunset Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-03 2:29 pm   Permalink

Had a great trip to Maui ... I did find a chunk of hard wood to carve but found a vein of rot where the nose would go! So I carved a couple coconuts instead .... those are not easy to carve, especially wet ones!

So, my little friend Emily found a stick at the lake so we decided she needed a "Tiki Wand" .... it's 14 inches long .... Harry Potter doesn't have anything like this!

Thanks for stopping ....
I'll be back on the chisels tomorrow!

openingdaymedia.net

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation