FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-20 4:49 pm   Permalink

THanks tikilizard .... This group will have to be instrumental only - I already cut the lips ...

Carved some more on the faces and since that Lono dude was also in charge of music in addition to the peace and fertility I am puttin a "Lono inspired" headdress on these guys .... tryin to stay within the rules of Tiki and get some of the traditional stuff going!

....I'm calling them the Coral Reefer Band!! .... (the Tiki Central rules say I can have a little Parrot Head crap mixed in with the Polynesian Pop! ... just a little!)

Have a Great Day!!

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-27 11:41 am   Permalink

carved more of the drummer .... I wanted to try and keep all three of these on the same pace but went ahead and finished up this guy first. I'll stain him after the two uke players are finished ... can't decide whether to paint the teeth white or not .....

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-27 5:48 pm   Permalink

Great Idea!!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-29 09:33 am   Permalink

Man, Captain Jack I really think those guys are gonna be a Hit and I'll bet their first song will sell a million copies before the varnish even dries. Really cool design and details,, Excellent stuff!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-29 11:31 am   Permalink

Thanks tikigodz .... they have a nice place at the end of the outside bar just waiting for them!

Thanks Benzart! I learn a little more with each chop of the wood ......

I did notice in looking at that picture of the back that it looks like the drummer dude is taking a leak!

Have a Great Day!!

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-08 4:45 pm   Permalink

I decided to redo the outside bar so haven't carved for a week ... I did finish the drummer and hacked more on uke player #1 ... here is the drummer:

I bought a dremel yesterday and had to try it out! This Moai is a chunk of scrap left over from the new bar top - it's about 6 inches tall:

....so the drummer gets to wear it at his place at the end of the bar! ... needed a bit of bling!

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-11 2:41 pm   Permalink

Finished up the lefty ukulele player .... I'm anxious to get the right hander finished and start something else .... also had to do some writing in between carves, the readers are getting restless!

Here's lefty:

.... two down, one to go!

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-11 7:10 pm   Permalink

Nice work on the band members. You are going to have a great back yard.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-17 10:16 am   Permalink

Thanks Seeksurf .... it's getting there! ... and the pool is finally getting warm enough to get in!

Took a break from the "trio" and carved out a Ku for a friend in Huntington Beach .... this is the second to last of the junk logs so it's still wet. I'll let it dry a bit before burning, sanding and staining. Might add some more design to the lower lip too ...

[ This Message was edited by: Captain Jack 2010-06-17 10:21 ]

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-17 6:32 pm   Permalink

Well done! He is looking strong. I love those root hair guys. Looks great.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-17 8:19 pm   Permalink

Good shape on the root.

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 10:01 am   Permalink

Thanks guys!!! Finally finished with this one ... he's on his way to live by the beach!

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-15 6:11 pm   Permalink

Finally finished the Tiki Trio Band ..... on to the next one!!

Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-15 7:30 pm   Permalink

That tiki band is a very cool and original idea especially with the curve of the logs. Man, if you hung out and didn't feel buzzed, looking at those would do it. Nice work.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-15 8:09 pm   Permalink

heheh, yeah I feel buzzed jus lookin at em. Good work Capin Jack!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation