FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-31 5:27 pm   Permalink

It's ON NOW!!!

You'll like those Flexy's.

Happy new year bro.

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-02 11:57 am   Permalink

It certainly is ON.

Nice purchase and nice new work. Cant wait to see what you do with the new tools!

View Profile of NIxxon Send a personal message to NIxxon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-02 3:15 pm   Permalink

Nice mallet set. that Lono is looking fantastic!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-02 4:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks everybody .... can't wait till those chisels get here (Wednesday) .... I've been using these flat chisels from Lowes ... Marples, I think .... my cuts should improve with some good chisels .

Have a Great Day!

CJ Tropical Tiki FACEBOOK page

openingdaymedia.net

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-02 7:15 pm   Permalink

your cuts will improve tremendously.

carve on!!

View Profile of NIxxon Send a personal message to NIxxon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-03 5:31 pm   Permalink

Got a bit more done on the lono ... should be ready for sanding in the next couple of days.

Thanks for stopping and Have a Great Day!

openingdaymedia.net

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-06 11:15 am   Permalink

ALl done carving this lono ... now some sanding and then stain. Hope to be done this weekend .... So then I found a nice bamboo stick in the shed so I'm going to use a bit of Savage Daddy inspiration and try to carve one of those fishing tikis!

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-06 1:42 pm   Permalink

nice work man.

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-06 6:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks Dude ....

I happened upon a green recycler and found a couple BIG CHUNKS in their scrap pile! One of them is a good ten footer ! I hope they are good logs ... I remember 4WDtiki helping me identify a good log from a bad one and I didn't see any obvious flaws on these so I hauled them home .... I'll tell ya, this isn't a gig for the weak of heart or back ... I damn near had a heart attack putting them in the Jeep! I'm thinking at 49 I should be pursuing a less painful hobby ... Like needlepoint! ... .. ah f**k that! I'm ready to get choppin!

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

openingdaymedia.net

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-07 7:27 pm   Permalink

yeah bro...I learned a long time ago. Whenever I'm going to pick up some logs, I always offer to buy one of my buddies a beer to help me load up...makes it a lot easier. And gloves man...buy several pair and always keep one in the truck. Palm splinters are the WORST.

But looks like you scored!

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-08 12:15 pm   Permalink

Oh yea, I got a few war wounds from these guys! The worst is when the 'shark teeth' stab you and the tip breaks off in your leg!

I finished up the Lono ... this one is for sale if anyone is interested ..

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-10 6:57 pm   Permalink

Started the little fishin tiki .... made a bit more progress since this pic, plan on getting into it a lot more tomorrow.

... instead of chopping on that tiki I opted to de-bark the 10 footer I found the other day. And to my dismay, it was split down the middle 3/4 of the way down! Oh well, I had high hopes for that log but I guess I will try and make a few half tikis out of it if the thing dries out okay ... it's got a lot of mold on the inside and does seem a bit pulpy.

Keylo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-10 10:30 pm   Permalink

The pic of the 10 footer hangin 10 out the back of the Jeep, tells me you must have been on some high fructose, twice the caffeine, chasing it with Jolt and Rock Star and a couple of steroids to get that beast in the covered wagon! The whole log may or may not be lost, I have had a few like that, that actually had some carve-able wood. I just cut one up today that had some rot at the bottom but was good beyond the affected area. Keep Hacking!

View Profile of Keylo Send a personal message to Keylo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-11 06:19 am   Permalink

Split it and make 2 - 10'!! Once you cut it open you'll see if its worth salvaging.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-11 11:35 am   Permalink

Yea, Keylo, that was a beast to load up! That's what makes it so disappointing to see that it split!

Aloha, I helped it split all the way so now there are two 10 footers! I think I can get some nice half carves out of them ... a little something different from what I've been doing ...

Chopped a bit more on this fishing dude ..

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation