FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Found Witco Bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Found Witco Bar
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-05-06 10:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-06 09:02, bigbrotiki wrote:

Well, the computer fact is odd, but I don't want to appear unfriendly. Bali Ohio's posts sound genuine to me, and I am looking forward to further findings. I guess now it's time for Mike'n'Rich to chime in.

Yes, the computer thing may be odd but it is indeed a fact. I'll reiterate for those that might have missed it.

The posts from MikenRich and Bali O Hai O are coming from the same computer.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 11:01 am   Permalink

Interesting, to say the least...well, either THEY say something about that now, or this thread is dead.

Wait, we still could get some more info about the Ohio Bali Hai from Pablus, if he's around.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 11:14 am   Permalink

okay- in the interest of keeping the topic pure and in light of new info from the original poster i have deleted any of my distracting posts....

hoax or not.

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2010-05-06 11:15 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bali O Hai O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-06 11:39 am   Permalink

I was the one to turn mikenrich onto this site
we both work for the city of canton maybe this server is causing the confusion??
I don't know him personally but I am trying to dig up what info I can for him as he said this almost slipped out of his hands and would have been scrap sitting outside.

I have not been to see it in person yet but I will soon and take more pics
Rich has told me that the lady he got it from says she is positive it did not come from Bali Hai, she said it was in a private home in Canton. With all the Hoovers, Timkens and Diebolds I am sure someone rich had a tiki room back then

I will be at the library for research on Bali Hai and I talked with Emils son and maybe he might have menus and photos

you can contact me at
oldstuff24@aol if needed

no one is pulling the wool over on anyone here , sorry for any confusion

hey I am an old man trying to save a little piece of the past so bear with me if I don't get the best pictures or the most accurate stuff as I am not as speedy as my younger days , I am trying to keep up

[ This Message was edited by: Bali O Hai O 2010-05-06 12:01 ]

View Profile of Bali O Hai O Send a personal message to Bali O Hai O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 12:33 pm   Permalink

Very cool, Bali O-hi-o, now Emil's son should have something to share. Don't let this frantic website here stress you out, take your time, and just post as more info pops up. Thanks for clarifying things further, and thanks, Tipsy, for keeping it down, my Mahalos to all.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-06 12:59 pm   Permalink

If I may, I'd just suggest we create a topic over in "Locating" for info about the former Bali Hai in Massillon. That'd be a great place to collect more images (hopefully real ones!).

Beyond that, it would seem that this topic has run from "your bar set was indeed from the restaurant", to "positive it did not come from Bali Hai". The latter seems much more likely, given that it's not all beat up after so many years of people like Jackie Gleason sitting with it. Aside from that, it's still interesting to hear how rare the Tahiti bar is, and fun to see the other examples that have been posted.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bali O Hai O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-06 2:39 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Bali O Hai O Send a personal message to Bali O Hai O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 5:12 pm   Permalink

Bali O Hai O,

That is cool! The torches out photo from the gas shortage era and there was a Tiki on the sign. Thanks for the research, look forward to seeing more.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-06 5:29 pm   Permalink

What a great old sign, thanks for the pictures...
I lighted up the tiki a little to see the face...

"TikiPop" On Instagram

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 5:31 pm   Permalink

DC and Bali Ohio, I think Randy has a good point, can't we start a new Bali Hai thread in Locating Tiki, before Bali Ohio posts more pics here? People will find it better when it is not under "Found Witco Bar". DC, do you have the time to make a start with your matchbooks?

Bali O Hai O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-06 8:56 pm   Permalink

Got a phone call tonight from another former worker and they told me the Jackie Gleason picture I referred to was not Emil and Jackie but rather Emil and Frank Fontaine who was Jackie's sidekick on his first TV show, so the Tahiti bar photo has been debunked and proves I am dumb when it comes to pop culture.

Beachbumz that was cool how ever you did that blow up and ligtened up the face. That thing is probably hanging in someones basement someplace.

Thank you DustyCajun for the library tip it proved worthy.

[ This Message was edited by: Bali O Hai O 2010-05-06 20:58 ]

Bali O Hai O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-06 9:30 pm   Permalink

The Tiki Gods are talking to me, (am I crazy?)

I go to ebay tonight looking for a Moai statue for my garden and I found this cool AKU that reminded me of the ones at Bali Hai

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fred-Aku-Easter-Island-Tiki-Statue-Moai-/110389564185?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19b3bb1319

I decided to order one and guess where the guy who sells them is from? .... Canton, Ohio and just a mile from my house!

WEIRD very Weird

Has anyone seen these before? are they mass produced or does this guy make them? am I getting a deal, well at least I save on shipping.

[ This Message was edited by: Bali O Hai O 2010-05-06 21:33 ]

TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 03:34 am   Permalink

"WEIRD very Weird" - YA THINK?

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-05-11 13:53 ]

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 04:00 am   Permalink

seriously, tiki david....do we need this type of attitude in this thread ?

as for the moai guy - i have bought these before. they are actually really awesome products and well worth the money....the guy that sells them seems like a real nice guy too....i recommend them. made of durable plastic. just fill them with sand to add weight and place them outdoors....

as for the tiki on the sign...reminds me of the kon-tiki tiki face from thor heyerdahl's sail on his raft....

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2010-05-07 04:02 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 04:28 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-05-11 13:52 ]

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation