FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Lemon Hart 151
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Lemon Hart 151
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-31 4:27 pm   Permalink

Ed, I didn't put two and three together. Please let us know when you get it shipped out and we will look for it.

Cheers,
Erik

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-31 5:14 pm   Permalink

There's a post on Beachbum Berry's blog with some good Lemon Hart news:

http://beachbumberry.com/2010/10/31/pour-your-hart-out/

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-03 08:30 am   Permalink

The new label?

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2011-02-01 20:21 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-03 09:03 am   Permalink

like, but,
is it me, or does the Rum Look lighter?
hopefully its the light in the picture.
;-/

Jeff(btd)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2010-11-03 09:05 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-03 1:20 pm   Permalink

I would suspect that it's lightened in one way or another for the photo - to show a better contrast. But it will be interesting to do a side-by-side comparison to determine if it really is indeed the same. Fingers crossed.

I do like that the "151" is more prominent on the label. I never understood why they hid that in the corner.

[ This Message was edited by: arriano 2010-11-03 13:21 ]

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahalakruzer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-03 6:42 pm   Permalink

Wow...I haven't checked this thread since the early pages, but I'm stoked to hear the good news! I can finally give a real pour of LH151 in all the drinks that have needed it these past 9 months!

View Profile of kahalakruzer Send a personal message to kahalakruzer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-04 08:48 am   Permalink

"like, but,
is it me, or does the Rum Look lighter?"

There must be tons of LH151 in the home tiki bars
across the globe.
If it is not the same you will know.

On a side note how long can you keep this rum before it
starts to change in flavor.
Used to think it would be a long time.
But I got a bottle off of an old Kahiki bartender (It was from the 60s)
and it was open the rum inside was not so great.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-04 1:05 pm   Permalink

I'm just hoping that they'll make the 151 available on the Canadian Market now...There's plenty of the unleaded here...

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-24 5:06 pm   Permalink

I picked up this last bottle on the shelf in a store in Albuquerque. Is this a good score?

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-24 6:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-24 17:06, khan_tiki_mon wrote:
I picked up this last bottle on the shelf in a store in Albuquerque. Is this a good score?

I say "good enough" to save until the new product arrives. If you are not familiar with the LH demerara of old then please try the new version first if you can wait that long. That way we can get a different perspective of a side by side review.
The new stuff will probably hit the NY area first anyways.
Keep your eye out for the old style of label your scored but, with the little red triangle in the upper left hand corner that says 151. I have not seen a new version of the 151 bottle yet.

Little fragrant Tiare
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-30 1:07 pm   Permalink

I`m gonna try to make a taste test of the old and the new, whenever i get me a bottle of the new. But i suppose its the same rum in the bottles, just another label.

View Profile of Little fragrant Tiare Send a personal message to Little fragrant Tiare  Goto the website of Little fragrant Tiare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-31 09:20 am   Permalink

Updates?

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-02 08:29 am   Permalink

Anyone know if and where the new Lemon Hart is available in the US?

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum guy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-29 10:20 am   Permalink

Thursday, Jan 27th, 2011, Caribbean Spirits Inc applied for a Use Up Permit, yes that's the priority name given to this special permit issued by the TTB - that wonderfully efficient branch of the US government that is responsible for all things alcohol.

The Use Up Permit will allow Caribbean Spirits Inc to import the last remaining 481 cases of Lemon Hart 151 from the Corby Distillers facility in Walkerville, ON. These cases will bear the words "Imported by Pernod Ricard, Purchase NY" on the back and will be the last cases of Lemon Hart Demerara Rum bearing those words.

To put a sticker on these cases as someone has suggested would be nearly impossible since you'd be dealing with several companies in two countries and the cost would be much more than the price of the rum. Part, and only part, of the story behind why this has taken so long is that Pernod sold the brand to Mosaiq and agreed not to sell any more Lemon Hart Rum and then found this rum in their warehouse. In order for Pernod to sell this rum, Caribbean Spirits had to agree to buy a ridiculous amount of product liability insurance and negotiate the deal with lawyers in Windsor, ON, Montreal, Quebec and New York.

Before you, or I, will be able to enjoy any of this rum, the application has to be approved by the TTB and then it has to be imported, cleared by customs and shipped to NJ from where it will be distributed in the US and I have no idea how long this will take, it's up to the government.

This product has been blended at the Corby Distillers, Walkerville/Windsor, ON facility for many years for the US market. Unlike the Lemon Hart 80 proof that is sold in Canada which has been blended with Canadian rum distilled in Newfoundland, I'm led to believe that the Lemon Hart 80proof rum sold heretofore in the US was not blended with Canadian rum but was blended only with rum from Guyana.

I will be going to Montreal, Quebec next month to meet with Mosaiq and representatives from the Newfoundland and Labrador Liquor Corporation to discuss a number of things concerning the future of Lemon Hart.

Here are a couple of other facts that I have confirmed from the previous brand owners. Lemon Hart 151 has never been sold in Canada. In addition to the Lemon Hart Demerara Rums, Pernod also blended and bottled some Lemon Hart Jamaica Rums that were sold primarily in Europe though small quantities were sold to an importer in NY and distributed to a few stores in CA in the past. Lemon Hart Jamaica Rum is finished with the conclusion of the brand purchase by Mosaiq.

DDL has confirmed to me that they will continue to sell aged rum to Mosaiq, to be blended by the NLLC under the Lemon Hart Demerara Rum label. DDL's office in Miami has nothing to do with the importation or distribution of Lemon Hart rum. DDL has no plans to blend or sell a competing rum anytime in the future.

If you would like to buy some of this rum don't call me, contact your local liquor store and ask them to have their distributor contact Caribbean Spirits. As an importer, Caribbean Spirits can only sell to licensed distributors, not retail stores nor law-abiding citizens who are not licensed to distribute alcohol beverages in their state of residence. Hey, this is after all the freest country in the world.

Hope this helps.

View Profile of Rum guy Send a personal message to Rum guy  Goto the website of Rum guy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum guy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-29 10:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-03 13:20, arriano wrote:
I would suspect that it's lightened in one way or another for the photo - to show a better contrast. But it will be interesting to do a side-by-side comparison to determine if it really is indeed the same. Fingers crossed.

I do like that the "151" is more prominent on the label. I never understood why they hid that in the corner.

[ This Message was edited by: arriano 2010-11-03 13:21 ]

This is a photoshop representation of a proposed new label. This is not a photo of the bottle or contents and I'm told that the label will not be exactly like this.

View Profile of Rum guy Send a personal message to Rum guy  Goto the website of Rum guy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation