FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Lemon Hart 151
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Lemon Hart 151
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-28 9:40 pm   Permalink

The Binny's near North and Clyborn in Chicago had about 20 bottles on the shelf on Saturday.

$29.99 is more expensive than it used to be, but if you want it, the stuff is there.

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-28 10:00 pm   Permalink

its in at Hi Time!!
in Costa Mesa.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Ginger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-29 01:31 am   Permalink

ATP picked up a couple of bottles today at Hi-Time. It's $29.99 a bottle, and it is the old stock with the original Lemon Hart label.

Now go make a Mai Tai!

View Profile of Jungle Ginger Send a personal message to Jungle Ginger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-29 6:42 pm   Permalink

I was able to only pick up one bottle on Sunday from Hi Time. I hope they still have a few bottles left next week after grocery shopping, that is if Mrs Chippy would let me buy some rum instead of those lousy vegetables she is always making me eat.

What do you all think, Brussle Sprouts, Broccoli, Peas, or Lemon Hart?

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-29 7:30 pm   Permalink

Sugarcane is technically a grass, maybe you can say it's a fermented vegetable juice?

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kill Devil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-30 07:24 am   Permalink

The Binny's in Elmwood Park IL (North & Harlem) has close to a case on the shelf. The manager there told me they haven't had it since 2000!

View Profile of Kill Devil Send a personal message to Kill Devil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vic Arpeggio

Posted: 2011-03-31 10:57 am   Permalink

They have a few bottles -- 8 when I last went in on Monday -- of LH 151 at Beverage Warehouse in Los Angeles. I still have 2 1/2 bottles of the stuff, so I'm good right now, but definitely worth the trip if you're in LA County. $29.99/bottle.

View Profile of Vic Arpeggio Send a personal message to Vic Arpeggio  Email Vic Arpeggio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-31 6:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks Rum Guy and others for the posts. Re-supplied our stock a little - more Jet Pilots.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-03-31 7:07 pm   Permalink

My stock has been replenished...thanks to Rum Guy for your efforts to liberate the remaining stock of Lemon Hart 151. I indeed held off on my swizzle until I had secured my bottles (thanks also to Hi Time!), but I finally got it this past Monday.

And this weekend, I can lift the embargo on some of my favorite LH 151 recipes. Hart of Darkness and Jet Pilots and Tiki Puka Puka...oh my!

kevin

http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Flaming Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-31 8:36 pm   Permalink

just got back from hi-time cellars,
glad we picked up a few bottles of LH 151
even if they were $29.99 each.
they were stocking the last case (12 bottles)
as we left.
We hope to use some of it for our "room crawl"
drink at Tiki Caleinte this May.

View Profile of Flaming Tiki Send a personal message to Flaming Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-31 9:26 pm   Permalink

Just had some LH 151 in my drink at Bali Hai in San Diego. It's back and so are their drinks.

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kill Devil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-01 09:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-31 19:07, heylownine wrote:
My stock has been replenished...thanks to Rum Guy for your efforts to liberate the remaining stock of Lemon Hart 151. I indeed held off on my swizzle until I had secured my bottles (thanks also to Hi Time!), but I finally got it this past Monday.

And this weekend, I can lift the embargo on some of my favorite LH 151 recipes. Hart of Darkness and Jet Pilots and Tiki Puka Puka...oh my!

kevin

OK, where's/what's the Hart of Darkness?

View Profile of Kill Devil Send a personal message to Kill Devil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-01 1:19 pm   Permalink

I was just at Hi-Time picking up some aged rum they don't carry at my local Beverage Warehouse. I was surprised to see they had LH 151 still on the shelf. I grabbed every bottle left. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it since I'm too lazy to mix. Maybe I can use it to get into the Rumpus Room.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kill Devil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-01 3:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-01 13:19, JOHN-O wrote:
I was just at Hi-Time picking up some aged rum they don't carry at my local Beverage Warehouse. I was surprised to see they had LH 151 still on the shelf. I grabbed every bottle left. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it since I'm too lazy to mix. Maybe I can use it to get into the Rumpus Room.

Is adding ice and/or water too much work? Depending on what you could stomach, try a Rum Mist (rum on finely crushed ice, like a rum sno-cone)or just pour in some water til your comfortable. I think LH151 is really flavorful and can be drunk straight

grumpycat

Posted: 2011-04-01 6:42 pm   Permalink

I was at Beverage Warehouse (Los Angeles) today and they have 7 bottles of LH151 on the self, $29.99 per bottle.

View Profile of grumpycat Send a personal message to grumpycat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation