FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Lemon Hart 151
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Lemon Hart 151
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-01 8:06 pm   Permalink

I just picked up the last bottles of 80 on the shelf at Beverage Warehouse in Playa del Rey, apparently just missing someone who bought the remaining bottles of 151 by a few hours. The guys at the register say they may be getting more tomorrow (6/2), but they didn't sound to confident and suggested anyone I referred to call them first to check. (310) 306-2822 Good luck!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-01 11:32 pm   Permalink

Ugh....I'm gonna hoard...I'm going to go to a couple of places that still have LH 151 and LH 80.

[ This Message was edited by: CheekyGirl 2010-06-01 23:32 ]

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-02 1:59 pm   Permalink

I love Lemon Hart. We use it a couple times a week, 80 and the 151. I ran out at lunch and and bought the last 8 bottles of Lemon Hart 80. That vendor said they couldn't get anymore and that the rumors were true--no more Lemon Hart.

My other supplier has 4 bottles of the 151 on hold for me, which I'm picking up after work. They also said, they haven't been able to get any Lemon Hart in as well.

Damn.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sparkle Mark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-02 7:56 pm   Permalink

Yeah.......... I was in there right after you.

View Profile of Sparkle Mark Send a personal message to Sparkle Mark  Goto the website of Sparkle Mark     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CucamongaChango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-02 9:32 pm   Permalink

Got the last one at Applejack in Wheat Ridge.

View Profile of CucamongaChango Send a personal message to CucamongaChango      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-03 08:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-29 09:08, arriano wrote:
I was just thinking: What are all the tiki bars and restaurants planning to do that use Lemon Hart 151 on a regular basis - seems to me that Trader Vic's, Tiki Ti, Mai Kai, Don the Beachcomber, etc etc would have better knowledge of the situation.

Hate to shatter the illusion, but the Mai-Kai doesn't use Lemon Hart rums. They are not available in Florida. I know Trader Vic's Atlanta does not use Lemon Hart either. Don't know about Calif locations.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-03 1:57 pm   Permalink

I know that it's a big ingredient in a LOT of the drinks at Forbidden Island, and I would assume also at Smugglers Cove as well.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-03 2:02 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I was being greedy, but we love the stuff.

I do like El Dorado Demerara, but the only one close to LH is the 15 year and it's almost double the price.

GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-03 4:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-03 13:57, Mai Tai wrote:
I know that it's a big ingredient in a LOT of the drinks at Forbidden Island, and I would assume also at Smugglers Cove as well.

Yeah, yeah... gloat why dontcha. It's a big ingredient in my Cannibal Lounge too, I can tell you that.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
toofastjim
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-04 5:14 pm   Permalink

here's the response I got from demerara Distillers. Definitely worth everyone sending an email...or at least it can't hurt.

Thank you for your email expressing your regret that Lemon Hart rums will no longer be available in the US and we will pass on your sentiments to the distillery who will no doubt forward this to the brand owner Mosaic in Canada. Do note that although our demerara rums were indeed involved with Lemon Hart we were never part of the importation, distributing and marketing activities in the US.

View Profile of toofastjim Send a personal message to toofastjim  Goto the website of toofastjim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-04 10:51 pm   Permalink

I picked up 8 bottles of 151 today.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-05 12:32 pm   Permalink

Both "local" stores where I normally can find LH 151 in stock have now run dry. Luckily I have a couple of bottles on stand-by, but it's almost come to this...

kevin

http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-05 1:24 pm   Permalink

"St. John’s, NL, May 10, 2010 – The Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation (NLC) announced today that it has entered into a five-year contract with Mosaiq Inc. to produce Lemon Hart Rum at the NLC’s manufacturing facility in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador."

http://www.nfliquor.com/news/Media%20Release%20-%20Lemon%20Hart%20Contract%20May%202010.pdf

This is promising.... New Hampshire imports other rums produced by NLC.

[ This Message was edited by: rev_thumper 2010-06-05 13:28 ]

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rangda
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-05 10:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-05 13:24, rev_thumper wrote:
"St. John’s, NL, May 10, 2010 – The Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation (NLC) announced today that it has entered into a five-year contract with Mosaiq Inc. to produce Lemon Hart Rum at the NLC’s manufacturing facility in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador."

http://www.nfliquor.com/news/Media%20Release%20-%20Lemon%20Hart%20Contract%20May%202010.pdf

This is promising.... New Hampshire imports other rums produced by NLC.

[ This Message was edited by: rev_thumper 2010-06-05 13:28 ]

I'm very worried about the word 'produce' in that press release. I believe that by law all rums in Canada must be blended with Canadian rum (perhaps one of our northern friends can comment). This means that at best it will be the old DD produced rum blended with some Canadian rum. However, DD has indicated that it is no longer producing the 151 rum that was being used in LH 151. So for the 151 at least, this implies it will be made of rum(s) sourced from other vendors (some of which will have to be Canadian). It might be good, but it will be different.

As far as I can tell since DD is admitting they aren't making the actual LH 151 rum any more, whether you can buy something in a bottle that says LH 151 or not you won't be able to get the same rum you can get right now. (Not that losing LH 80 is all that great either as here in the US you're looking at about twice the cost for a bottle of El Dorado 12 or 15 year to replace it. But at least you can replace it.)

View Profile of rangda Send a personal message to rangda      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-07 08:26 am   Permalink

I have bought 22 bottles in the last month. 12 for me, 6 for a friend across town, and 4 for The Bum. I am just sick about this. Hopefully before the 12 I have runs out, there will be a substitute available in the states.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation