FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Lemon Hart 151
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Lemon Hart 151
WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-10 2:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-10 13:42, arriano wrote:
I just got two bottles via mail order from San Francisco Wine Company. They still list it as in stock on their web site:

https://www.sfwtc.com/

That's where I got mine. They have 12 left according to Alex in customer service. He told me they'd heard of the situation with LH, so they ordered a lot of product and now it's almost gone.

Chris

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-TONGA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-11 8:39 pm   Permalink

Ordered one bottle of LH 151 from sfwtc.com yesterday. I will be saving it for Dec. 21, 2012's cataclysmic events.

View Profile of TIKI-TONGA Send a personal message to TIKI-TONGA  Email TIKI-TONGA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-12 2:33 pm   Permalink

Hi

Received a case of 12 bottles of the Lemon Hart 80 yesterday from Beltramo's.

After shipping, my price per bottle was a very reasonable $22.24.

My half-case of the 151 is due to arrive Monday from sfwtc for the slightly high price of $33.79.

So, now that we're all thirsty for some Lemon Hart, let's discuss: what's your very favorite recipe that calls for demerara rum?

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-14 09:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-10 13:42, arriano wrote:
I just got two bottles via mail order from San Francisco Wine Company. They still list it as in stock on their web site:

https://www.sfwtc.com/

Thanks for sharing my honey hole! When I ordered my last bottles last week they had over 30 in stock. Otto asked me where to get it thsi weekend at Hukilau and I pull it up for him and ZERO....

Oh well. Maybe he'll get motivated to help find a replacement. Delivered my bottle to The Bum and he intends to put them in the hands of other distillers to recreate the flavor of this fine 151.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-14 4:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-14 09:21, Swanky wrote:

Thanks for sharing my honey hole! When I ordered my last bottles last week they had over 30 in stock. Otto asked me where to get it thsi weekend at Hukilau and I pull it up for him and ZERO....

Oh well. Maybe he'll get motivated to help find a replacement. Delivered my bottle to The Bum and he intends to put them in the hands of other distillers to recreate the flavor of this fine 151.

Sorry for revealing your secret stash there, Swank.

I'm hoping Berry can pull it off. But with the wrangling, agreements, approval, and aging process, we could be lookin' at years even if he is successful.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CucamongaChango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-14 8:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-12 14:33, tikibars wrote:
So, now that we're all thirsty for some Lemon Hart, let's discuss: what's your very favorite recipe that calls for demerara rum?

Jet Pilot... hands down. That's what I'm hording mine for.

View Profile of CucamongaChango Send a personal message to CucamongaChango      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-17 1:59 pm   Permalink

I'm the Bartender at the Tonga Hut 1958 in No. Hollywood Ca. 3 of our very large well known nation wide WHOLESALE distributors have confirmed that Lemon Hart Rums will be back on the shelves in a few weeks. What the label reads is not known yet. But they confirmed it's our Lemon Hart as we know it. For what it's worth. In the meantime I'm using Cruzan 151. It tastes nothing like Lemon Hart and is no replacement by far, not smokey but palatable.

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-17 4:29 pm   Permalink

If you can get Gosling's 151 that would be a better substitute.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-17 6:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-17 13:59, Hiphipahula wrote:
I'm the Bartender at the Tonga Hut 1958 in No. Hollywood Ca. 3 of our very large well known nation wide WHOLESALE distributors have confirmed that Lemon Hart Rums will be back on the shelves in a few weeks. What the label reads is not known yet. But they confirmed it's our Lemon Hart as we know it. For what it's worth. In the meantime I'm using Cruzan 151. It tastes nothing like Lemon Hart and is no replacement by far, not smokey but palatable.

That's good to hear, so long as it's still the same rum.

Chris

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-17 10:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-17 16:29, rev_thumper wrote:
If you can get Gosling's 151 that would be a better substitute.

All a matter of opinion, I don't care for any Goslings Rums. Across the board Cruzan makes very good rums in this price point. My suggestion is that anyone concerned buy a bottle of the rums you might be interested in and have a taste test. Everyone has a different palate. It's easier to blend in say an 80 proof rum and hide a flavor or chemical balance you might not care for but 151 is such a bold taste it's not going to be easily hidden. Taste test the rums for yourself, it's your best bet.

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
marcus_at
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-17 11:18 pm   Permalink

Best price/performance replacement that there is: O.V.D. Old Vatted Demerara Rum 1 Liter - sells for 26,20 EUR in Europe and brings the demerara flavour back to your drinks.

http://www.drinkology.de/webshop/rum/ovd-old-vatted-demerara-rum-1-liter.html

Only problem - its 80 proof..

View Profile of marcus_at Send a personal message to marcus_at      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kludge
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-18 09:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-14 20:36, CucamongaChango wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-06-12 14:33, tikibars wrote:

Jet Pilot... hands down. That's what I'm hording mine for.

Got a Jet Pilot recipe you really like? I'm interested in the drink but there are SO many recipes!

View Profile of kludge Send a personal message to kludge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-18 10:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-17 23:18, marcus_at wrote:
Best price/performance replacement that there is: O.V.D. Old Vatted Demerara Rum 1 Liter - sells for 26,20 EUR in Europe and brings the demerara flavour back to your drinks.

http://www.drinkology.de/webshop/rum/ovd-old-vatted-demerara-rum-1-liter.html

Only problem - its 80 proof..

80 proof is the best sub for LH 151. I use El Dorado in drinks if I want less punch but the same taste.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-18 7:32 pm   Permalink

Hi all I usually order from drinkupny, but they ran out yesterday, On a Hunch I called a liquor
Store on the big island, they have lemon hart 151 and I wAs able to place an order, their prices were very reasonable
If you are all interested, call Howard at 808-329-9400 it's the Kona wine and spirits

Amy

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2010-06-18 19:35 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-18 8:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-18 09:22, kludge wrote:
[Got a Jet Pilot recipe you really like? I'm interested in the drink but there are SO many recipes!

The Beverly Hills Luau Jet Pilot recipe in Sippin' Safari is my favorite. Outstanding cocktail.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation