FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events MariePalooza, a Tiki Band Aid-( Results Pg. 18) Official Event Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
MariePalooza, a Tiki Band Aid-( Results Pg. 18) Official Event Thread
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-31 09:04 am   Permalink

Wow! What a great time. Thanks to all those who put the event together. We were there all day, and it flew by. Great people, artists, bands, food & drinks, and atmosphere. We even took home a raffle item!

We don't know Marie personally (Don's is a bit far to be our "local"), but we were definitely moved to go and show our support. The positive vibe that ran throughout the night was evident. Get well soon Marie!

Kevin

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-31 09:18 am   Permalink

If anyone is interested in purchasing an event poster we still have a few left. PM me to make your purchase. Posters are $20 and all proceeds will go to The Mariepalooza Fund

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-31 09:54 am   Permalink

I have the following people's unclaimed raffle prizes from last night. Please contact me to make arrangments for pick up: Dan Haas, Sherri Cuett, David Frink, Matt Q, Claudia Newsom, Kevin Antonelli, Carol Webb, Alan, Rob Williams, Mieko, Jim Thomas, Stan Lind, Trina Martinez, Dave (310), Lisa Graham, Suzanner Drummer, Trina Nicole, Chris Webb, & Dominic Tucci

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 09:56 am   Permalink

I really had a great time! So many of my favorite TCers all in one place!

The bands were truly awesome.

Exotiki....wow! As usual. We need to see more of this band.

Glascow Tiki Shakers ROCKED the HOUSE! Three people, and they were sounding especially heavy!

Slacktone. Yep, BTD, you were right. These guys made me like surf music! A very adventurous and musically sophisticated band..

And Tikiyaki orchestra...really, what can one say? Simply the best of the best!

Unfortunately, I did not see any band that played before Slacktone...but thanks everyone for making this a great event for Marie and Jonpaul!

Now bring on the pix, please!!!!!!!

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2010-05-31 09:57 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 10:35 am   Permalink

I had a great time yesterday!! I really feel stoked to be part of such a good cause for one of our friends!!! I wish I could have stayed longer but I had another event to attend. The Boardwalkers, The Eliminators, and Slacktone were freaking awesome!!! I had such a great time seeing everybody!! We Love You Marie!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 11:22 am   Permalink

Wow!! what a day, what an event, what a Great bunch of people.

I am completely exhausted.
but in a good way.

Thanks to all of the Bands for their time and generosity.
Every Band was just amazing, and brought their A game,
and were very easy to work with, Thank you again.

Thanks to all of the artists and bands that donated so much stuff for the
raffle and for the silent auction.
I was blown away by the sheer amount of stuff.
Holy Cow!!!!

Thanks to Chris and Karen and the Staff at Dons,
and to all the Volunteers that made the day run pretty smooth.
Thanks again to Art, for letting us have the event at Dons.
Thee Perfect Place for this.

and thanks to all of you that came to the event.
and to those that couldn't but donated to the cause somehow.

You all rule!!
now who's in for a couple more drinks at Don's this evening?
to help recover from yesterday.

Jeff(btd)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2010-05-31 11:34 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 11:43 am   Permalink

Such an amazing day! My throat feels like I chain smoked from all the greeting I did at the door. Warms my heart to be a part of such a great community. Where are the pics people?!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiGeeki 2010-05-31 11:43 ]

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 11:44 am   Permalink

That was too much fun! 10 plus hours just blew by.
Felt more like a couple of hours. Fun hopping from
room to room hanging out with everyone.

Many Mahalos to the dynamic duo Chris and Karen for all that
you guys did for this event. You rock! Thanks to all the volunteers, Jeff(btd), bands,
artists, donations, patrons, Art Synder and the DTB staff for making this a smashing success.

We are glad we were a part of such a wonderful event!

Get well soon Marie! We miss you!

All the best,

Jason and Claudette

[ This Message was edited by: Iokona Ki'i 2010-06-01 13:56 ]

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 11:54 am   Permalink

There were quite a few cameras clicking away during the night.
Let's see those photos.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 11:59 am   Permalink

I am assuming that most everybody is pretty wiped out after yesterday.
I have a feeling that the pics will be popping up later tonight or tomorrow after everybody starts to recover/decompress after that long day.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2010-05-31 12:43 pm   Permalink

Here's the first leg of photos from such a fantastic afternoon, evening, and night.
Kudos to all involved in this amazing event, you all outdid yourselves!

This TikiGeeki statue was greeting people at the door

Auction stuff...

Raffle stuff...

I took this photo right before my name was read. I won this awesome Crazy Al mug!

Right after that, PolynesianPop won this killer Java Bob mug by GROG!

More pics coming....

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 1:05 pm   Permalink

very cool, thanks Tom,
you da man.

Jeff(btd)

Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 1:07 pm   Permalink

Tom, thanks for the pics. They mean a lot to us folks stuck up north who couldn't make it to the event. My heart is happy with all the stories of the event's success I'm hearing.
Brenda

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2010-05-31 1:21 pm   Permalink

I didn't take a lot of photos, but here are a few from The Tikiyaki Orchestra's set.

A few others are posted here on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/heylownine/sets/72157624175394912/

Mahalo again to everyone!

kevin

http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dartin Menny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 1:49 pm   Permalink

Yesterday was awesome! Everyone involved did an AMAZING job!!! It ran so smooth and everyone was having a blast. Wish Don's was always jumpin' like that!

Thanks for posting the photos (especially the 2 of Exotiki)! We (Exotiki) had a blast playing and were VERY honored to be asked to play. It was great to finally share a bill with Smoking Menehunes and Tikiyaki Orchestra (both bands sounded so good!). Bummed I missed Glasgow Tiki Shakers set... but it was so relaxing in the Dagger, as usual.

Bong and Lucas, it was great to see you two and finally hang out again! You guys sounded great. Even with Jim on percussion ;-P That was really cool. Pat's vocals are always a treat to hear.

TikiShaker, sorry I never got the chance to come up and say HI and have a drink with ya! Good to see you there though!

Tikiyaki, you guys rule! You sounded so good last night. The perfect Night Cap!

Jon Paul, good to see you as well! Please give our love to Marie and let her know we're missing her!

[ This Message was edited by: Dartin Menny 2010-05-31 13:51 ]

View Profile of Dartin Menny Send a personal message to Dartin Menny  Goto the website of Dartin Menny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation